1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 12th. March 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Mar 9, 2020.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

2. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

It is all about the Itchy Feet and A Plus Tard double tomorrow.
    The Storyteller, Florissa I fancy as well.

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  3. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

SKANIDBURG tomorrow in the Pertemps. Ran well in the race last year, first time headgear but still looks on the up!

karlos5001, redcgull and Ste D like this.
  4. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Liking the look of LE BREUIL tomorrow - thrown in off his mark - Trip will be no problem, will appreciate the ground and hasn’t been running to badly this season, even tho the stable hasn’t been firing at all. Jamie on board all systems go!

5. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Off to Cheltenham tomorrow and really looking forward to it. I know Willie boy hasn't fired a winner in yet but maybe his pensioner will get him off the cold list in the opener. I shan't be betting on it but I really can't have Samcro ahead of Faugheen in the betting. The old boy handed him his arse on silver platter lto.

6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

he won the bumper. Don’t worry about yard form!

7. Chaninbar

Yes of course he did, he almost always does. I haven't caught up with all the racing yet today. I do hope Faugheen prevails, though I do think another of Willie's is over priced, Tornado Flyer. Finished 6 lengths behind the machine in the Flogas but made a momentum jolting error 3 out and then Faugheen's pilot closed the door up the rail on the run in.

8. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

Samcro now favourite for the Marsh. Madness!

karlos5001 likes this.
  9. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Faugheen for me in the opener, would be a great sight if he can do it. Tough race though. The Storyteller in the Pertemps, Frodon Ryanair and Paisley Park in the Stayers. That’s my Yankee. Good luck all. :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0167-beer:

Chaninbar likes this.
  10. Chaninbar

My arrows:
    1.30 Tornado Flyer ew but come on the machine
    2.10 Welsh Saint and Rapper ew (+ Dream Berry antepost, not sure why!)
    2.50 A Plus Tard and a small ew on Shattered Love
    3.30 Penhill ew
    4.10 Happy Diva ew
    4.50 Floressa
    5.30 Plan of Attack and Thomas Patrick ew
    Good luck everyone

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.

11. Steveo

Steveo Well-Known Member

Reckon they should run the Gold Cup tomorrow - I think the country is on the verge of closing down

12. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Frodon.

That's it.

13. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Talks about having it run in Chelmsford as part of a jumpers bumper after the 7 o' clock race. Racing chiefs are just trying to see if it is feasible atm.

Chaninbar likes this.
  14. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Going to take a chance on Emitom in the stayers race at 12/1. He's a decent horse and doesn't do a lot wrong, ran well and won with ease last time out after blowing the cob webs off in January after some time off. He has more improvement needed to win but I think he is progressive still and could be there come the finish. Paisley Park is the one for sure, but I am not interested in him from a betting perspective.

Good luck to all.

15. Archers Road

Best of luck to Andy Gemmell today. Absolute gem of a bloke <ok>
    <cheers>

OddDog likes this.
  16. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

Rocket Lad 2 10 33/1 expected to go very close

Yard fancy La Feline 66/1 in the 4 50 to be in the frame. They’re hopeful of Fitzhenry in the 5 30 but don’t feel super confident he’ll win and it’s not really an each way price so maybe a small single and ew double with la feline, they genuinely are more confident with la feline than fitz. still about latest exhibition for them tomorrow though

best of luck all, 1 30 is the toughest race to call I’ve ever seen in my life <laugh> I’d probably go for Tizzard’s one for the value as believe he has just as much chance but Tizzard & Cheltenham just really never happens does it, such a over rated **** trainer.

really fancy riders on the storm personally later in the day. Very juicy @ 9/1

best of luck all!

17. ChelseaCOE2012

ChelseaCOE2012 Well-Known Member

mate you really need to calm down and stop getting so paranoid about the corona, you’ve probably already had it along with most of us, it’s been around for the last few months the symptoms are exactly what was going on around December/January this mysterious new virus cold with crap breathing and other symptoms. My girlfriend said she’s seen it in December/January in about 50 people, it’s only now getting coverage and most will recover. Italy’s numbers are making it look scary but they have the oldest population in the world

we have had 8 deaths in 4 months from this, we have around 10 a day from driving. You can die at any time any place anywhere when your times up your times up. Can do all the protections you want but if you’re meant to get it you’re meant to get it. 99% of people will recover or not get it, sadly 1% will get it and most likely die which is awful but if it wasn’t Coronavirus that would kill them it would be something else or just general illness because of the long harsh winter or the seasons changing, we are coming into spring now so you will now have hay fever season plus different air humidity which will naturally effect breathing.

there really is no point sweating over something like this, I don’t remember this much hysteria over swine flu and we was getting 60,000 cases a week!!!! We’ve had 550 coronavirus in 3 months. You could walk down the street and a car could lose control and kill you, you could randomly have a heart attack and many more things, when your cards marked your cards marked. No point panicking, avoid the news it’s always doom & gloom.

(I’m on my phone so would of moved this to the corona thread but it won’t let me copy annoyingly so apologies in advance for anyone on the racing thread) Just trying to point out couple things

<ok>

Ste D, CaptainPops and Hawkward like this.
  18. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Forecast is for some heavy showers today..we just had one and it rained around 9/10pm here. No idea what it did in the night but we are about 9 miles from racecourse.

I would suggest soft going today and don't forget the new course more of a galloping track with emphasis on stamina (not as tight as old course)

19. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I worry for Frodon today this race looks stronger than last year. I ll have to back him and I like Saint calvados.

20. Archers Road

I will back Frodon with a small saver on Riders on the Storm