1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 16th. May 2024

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, May 15, 2024.

1. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

He is certainly a game and genuine campaigner, Swanny, but that is what works against him.

He keeps running in valuable handicaps and going close. So the handicapper puts him up a couple of pounds for troubling the judge, making it more difficult to win next time.

I was contemplating counting my money with Looking For Lynda in the opener with half a furlong to go but the winner swept past like he was heading back to pattern company. So I am forgetting what a winner looks like too.

My Derby horse got annihilated in the Dante but the winner probably won’t go to Epsom and Ancient Wisdom is probably now the Godolphin first string with Arabian Crown out.

The last race Wednesday may turn out to be worth following. Winter’s grey son London City won off top weight but there is a race in runner-up Align The Stars and the third was three lengths behind. If I had known that London City was going to be friendless, I would have placed an SP bet. I hope that there is nothing seriously wrong with Whiskey Pete, who went off favourite but was pulled up.

SwanHills likes this.