1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 28th. May 2015

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, May 27, 2015.

1. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

The quick ground is leading to a few nonnies at Sandown Park. Tullius and High Jinx have just come out of the Group 3’s and there are now 3, I say 3, out of the ‘lucky last’.

2. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

R.I.P Mel Brittain

3. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

Barney, your love for Nicky 'The Needle' is both hilarious and ever so slightly worrying <laugh>

A true highlight on this forum <applause>

4. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

A good quality card at Sandown – one that used to be spread over the Whitsun bank holiday many years ago but now is squeezed into a Thursday evening. Racing For Change must have been well into the second bottle of Blue Nun when they dreamt that one up.

I expect that centre of attention in the National Stakes at 6:35 will be the two candidates from the Hannon yard and Godolphin. King Of Rooks won easily over six last time and now drops to a stiff five. Steady Pace possibly won a better race and Richard Hughes may set the race up for him. I would not dismiss the Ryan or Johnston runners, but I like CASE KEY for Ryan Moore as he was not hard pressed to collect on debut.

In the Henry II Stakes at 7:10, Willie Mullins’ Simenon has not run in the best part of a year so he may need this against opponents such as Vent De Force, runner-up in the Sagaro Stakes a month ago. The combination of drop in distance and rise in class tempers enthusiasm for Chester Cup victor Trip To Paris, so in the absence of Prix Du Cadran winner High Jinx it has to be VENT DE FORCE.

The Brigadier Gerard Stakes at 7:45 presents something of a conundrum as only Niceofyoutotellme can be ruled out on the ratings. Course and distance winner Western Hymn possibly wants some rain to be at his best whilst Tryster switches from a successful campaign on artificial surfaces. That leaves the two potential improvers and given that Arab Spring has a penalty for his John Porter win, I will go with EAGLE TOP as the stiff ten furlongs might be what is required. The biggest issue may be how the race is run with just five going to post.

5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

RIP <rose>

6. stukova

stukova Member

I had the pleasure of meeting Mel on a few occasions,he was a true gentleman,rip

7. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na..

8. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Sad news about Mel Brittain too. May he rest in peace.

9. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Talking of Mr Henderson we’ve all (myself included) somewhat dismissed his Forgotten Voice in the Group 3 at Sandown Park later on (7.10). Will Mr Henderson make us regret this, potentially woeful, oversight?!? Wonderful training performance though from the great man to continue to get this 10YO campaigning in Pattern company.

Strangely monikered beast though as it’s impossible to forget Mr Henderson’s voice. His dulcet tones are one of the highlights of our sport.

10. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Fhouse 7.35-Ive put No Way Jack up twice and he came second on both occassions including a photo finish.His trainer has been very unlucky with a number of placed finishes recently and im hoping today is the day he gets his nose in front.He is running from the same distance when he was beaten on the nose at sligo but the yard believe he will like the better ground.One concern I have is this is a 21 runner affair so he will need some luck in running.best price 7/2.
    In the 8.35 House Limit should give a good account for himself after running well at Dundalk recently and runs off a nice mark here

11. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Wonderful what a few G&T's can do to make a well-oiled voice.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  12. Bluesky9

Bluesky9 Philosopher

Just nearly witnessed the ride of the year at Worcester when the jock was virtually thrown out the side when the horse swerved violently - the Jockey managed to get himself back in the saddle and rode without irons to almost get back up - brilliant.

However once again 'Fitzy' has again demonstrated why he needs sacking immediately. He stated the horse was veering towards the stable yet he was going left, he then said was green as he was too lazy to actually look at what he was commentating on, had he done so he would have noticed a punter with a mega zoom lens pointing straight at the horse who clearly got spooked by it. Fitzy did not finish there however as he suggested the winner would likely have won anyhow despite the runner up being in the lead before being thrown out the saddle and losing lengths in the final furlong only to go down a length - complete Idiot of a man.

13. SwanHills

Had a bit e/w on Minella Bliss (16/1 with WillieHill) in the last at Worcester (17:45). Hopefully, this son of Old Vic can do better than in his last two runs.

14. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

7:45 Sandown - Western Hymn 5/1
    8:15 Sandown - Johnny Barnes 8/1

15. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

R.I.P Mel Brittain <rose>

16. fusion

fusion Active Member

After a poor few weeks of tips studying things such as form etc I've decided tonight to go on "a quick look at the card and pick what catches my eye". So my tips are
    7.20 ROSEVILLE COTTAGE 12-1
    7.55 POLITENESS 8-1

17. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Zambeasy 25/1 ew in the first at Sandown

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Ew landed, am on Buratino 14/1 in the next at Sandown

19. SwanHills

Nice e/w Smokey. Well, Minella Bliss never in the hunt but did plug on to finish 5th. Probably give it another chance.

20. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Sandown card is cracking. My fancies
    7.10 trip to Paris
    7.45 eagle top
    8.15 Johnny Barnes
    Patent
    Large bet , for me anyway, western hymn 7.45
    Good luck!