1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Times Article - Pulis or Sherwood ....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by SingRs, Oct 16, 2014.

1. SingRs

SingRs Active Member

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

......... if that's the case, Harry should book his tee-off time now.
    We have a very tough couple of games and if we can't beat West Ham, were going to be doing it tough to get some kind of result against the big boys.
    I just hope it's not going to be embarrassing.

I still think if Harry goes, Hoddle may be asked to step up to the plate.
    He at least knows where the issues are ........ you would hope.

3. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Sherwood would be a risk IMO, although his brand of football is dull, Pulis is tried & tested & must be a shoe-in!?

4. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

I didn't watch Palace last year, if anyone did what was their style of football? Were they Stoke mk2 or did they get the ball down and pass?
    As we haven't got a team of tall players like Stoke maybe TP can adapt his style to the players available.

5. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Speculation does fill pages in papers, doesn't it?

I don't fancy either of them, to be honest, so let's see what happens.

Tonys new best friend Les will, understandably, be supportive of Sherwood. Me, I'd like to break the old boy links with Spurs and plough our own furrow. Doesn't Pulis live on Sandbanks, like Harry and Souness? I wouldn't like to do that daily commute and don't believe you can get the best out of senior staff who have to, either.

The only thing that is clear is that if we carry on doing what we're doing, in the way we're doing it, then we'll continue to get the same results.

I suppose a new manager might drop Rio5 the author, though...

Cheers, N

6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

I think Palace were more about pace but were decent enough to watch.

Out of the two, I would prefer Sherwood. I think is is more of a risk in terms of experience but there's also a chance to build something. I like Pullis and think he would have an immediate impact (straight talking and passionate) but think we might end up in a similar position to now in a couple of years.

I desperately want us to win but also want this sorted to give us our best chance for the future - is there any scraped 1-0 victory that wouldn't be enough to appease the board?

7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that Pulis got himself a flat near Palace........or was that Warnock? But still part of the Sandbanks mafia, was giving Redknapp lifts to games while he was between jobs after Stoke. No honour amongst thieves though, sure he would take to job if offered enough dosh, unless he thinks something better is around the corner. Newcastle may look better - bigger club but bastard of an owner, no transfer budget and impossibly high expectations from fans, QPR, nice mug of an owner, a 'how much do you need' approach to transfers and fans who would be pathetically grateful for survival.

I have a grudging respect for Pulis, but he's not a QPR manager. Sherwood isn't a manager full stop, too highly strung. I think Moyes would be best of the 'currently unemployed premiership managers' list, but hope we look further afield.

8. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we lose the next 4 games with poor performance it could be a case of writing off this season (rediculous after only 11 games, I know), accepting the enevitable relegation and look to build for the future....bring in a young forward thinking manager like Howes, Robinson etc give them a bit of Prem experience but tell them that they are in to re-build next season and beyond, they would not be bogged down with weight of expectation of surviving this season and who knows that may well free up the players to perform hell of a lot better than they are at the moment.

This off course is not going to happen as we will lurch into yet another scramble of getting in the latest saviour on huge money and false expectation.....

9. queenslandrangers

queenslandrangers Well-Known Member

Can some copy and paste the article for me as i can't read it.

10. Dens Hoops

Dens Hoops Well-Known Member

I like Tim Sherwood, but I think that we need a manager that would take no **** from the players a disciplinarian.

11. rajman

rajman Active Member

I think if it was Pulis then he would probably have to bring in Gerry Francis, who has been with him at Stoke and Palace in a coaching capacity...no better man to bring in who knows the true meaning of what it takes to play/support QPR, IMO

12. thisismyengland

thisismyengland Active Member

Warnock, please. Or Holloway.

13. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Ollie back? there's a thought.....

Certainly got the passion, and he can build a mean chicken coup.

14. Tonythomas123

Tonythomas123 Active Member

For me it has to be someone that can get us out of this mess. Pulis and GF for me. Dino should have gone two weeks after west ham. We have wasted 2 valuable weeks. I expect a battering on sunday 0-3 which would mean we get lightly

15. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Sherwood for me would be a terrible appointment... he has no track record in the transfer market and is an inexperience manager that is likely to fall out with players

Pulis is a better short term appointment but from a personal point i reckon i could put up with him this year to keep us up but i'd struggle to stomach his tactics long term. Would go down very well with a lot of our kick and rush loving fans though.

McClaren would be my first choice and even David Moyes might see it as an opportunity

16. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

The Internet is a bugger. Lots of these stories about who is "lined up to replace Redknapp" come from t**ts who write blogs or columns on websites that nobody reads. They have no knowledge and no inside track into what is happening, let alone what might happen.

The "information" on these sites is posted up on NewsNow and then does the rounds of the fans' message boards (such as ours) and is picked up by a hack on a daily.

Recently a couple have picked up on the "Sherwood story", a couple on the "Pulis story" and a couple on the "Hoddle story". Each is adamant that their particular man is the one touted by "insiders" as the one to replaced Harry.

This latest story ... a few days later than most ... tries to tie two of the stories together. "Will it be Pulis or Sherwood?" All of this written by a hack having read the stories in other papers and putting things together.

It's all bollocks.

The chances are high that IF Harry leaves (for whatever reason) in the next few weeks then he will be replaced by one of the three aforementioned simply because two of them are out of work at them moment and the third is already employed by the club. No s**t Sherlock. With that knowledge you can write any old crap and appear to have the inside track when you don't.

17. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I don't think its as simple as that Tramore. If we go down this year, we're in big trouble IMO. People have said we could yo-yo a bit and give time to build the Club up. But we're not a yo-yo Club. We're the total opposite. A yo-yo Club goes up and down a few times because they're gradually building up from the bottom and won't splash the cash when they get into the Prem. They stick rigidly to their principles and eventually they become strong enough to establish themselves in the top flight when their squad matures, West Brom being the perfect example. What we do though is through millions at players in a desperate attempt to stay up and do the same when we go back down, knowing full well that if we don't bounce right back up we could be financially doomed.

The FL won't allow us back in unless we cough up 40 big ones. Then there's the matter of sticking to the rules next time round, unlike last time, which makes it all the harder for us to bounce back up. All the while we'll be chalking up debt after debt and we could find ourselves stuck down there like Middlesbrough or someone. If this happens, what then for new Stadiums and will the owners cut their losses and leave because we're no good for promoting their brand in the NPC?

Tramore, however I might dislike it, I think we can't think of building at all at the moment. We just need to stay in the big league whatever way possible.

18. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

I would like to see David Icke get a chance

Perfect platform to launch his books … The Perception Deception was all about Harold and his Lizards

[video=youtube;q9AM8zM7_V0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9AM8zM7_V0[/video]

19. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I always thought fat Thony was a shape shifter :biggrin:

20. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Swords some good points and I'll come back to you later if I may as I have to do some work........