1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Times up LJ

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 14, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

LJ is on dodgy ground to be sure but we all know he is going nowhere unless disaster strikes, Warnock has no future with this club but there is always the possibiity of a stop gap appointment to the end of the season if Lansdown and Ashton have a panic attack and make an emergency decision - madness.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  2. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

If LJ is to go, I think that that Warnock would be the ideal short term replacement. He obviously has pedigree in getting promotion to the Prem, and City, with the decent squad/position they have in the league, would I'm sure, tempt him for the remainder of the season. By doing this, SL could then be pro-active in getting the right person to take us further from the beginning of next season.

Only a thought!!

Red Robin likes this.
  3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

He's definitely alluded to wanting to manage City before, I can back RR up on that. His refusal to criticise us too much in his book was noticeable, I think he would love a chance to manage us.

Whether we'd want him is a completely different question.

AshtonRed and Red Robin like this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I can’t see LJ going to be honest. Despite last nights debacle we are 1 set of results away from the playoffs.
    IF SL has a meltdown and actually DOES part company with Lee, then I agree that Warnock would be a logical short-term replacement. He is a ‘fixer’ and would have us there or thereabouts at the end of the season. People bemoan his style of football, but our current ‘style’ is just as bad - only we aren’t winning many games whereas under Warnock we would.

Red Robin and Reliant Robin TC2 like this.
  5. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Warnock wouldn’t get the best out of players.

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He would love to manage the current squad believe me :emoticon-0136-giggl

7. Red Robin

Spot on Rob :emoticon-0148-yes:

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the truly amazing thing about this board is the frailty of some of its posters in not being able to see the wider picture a few bad results an FA cup defeat by a team a division lower and its off with his head.... farcical …
    24 teams all aspire to want to stay in the division before game 1
    probably half set out to get top 6 or better it by top 2 or 1
    the other half just wish to do as best they can and survive
    of the top 12 who hope only half will succeed
    of the other half 3 will fail
    and the circle starts again...………………

the reality .. is this ….
    Bristol City are 1 point from being in top 6 NOT IN DANGER OF A RELEGATION FIGHT .. and fixtures dictate that unless they go and lose 7 on the bounce and the best [ maximised ]results are achieved by teams below them they will still be a couple points above bottom 3 or 4. SO that's positive.
    Lee has a couple more years to go on his contract, the club cannot afford to fall foul of financial fair play and to this end are consolidating debt structures and profitability … it has been stated City will need to buy in improve and sell on to help achieve this.
    So Lee gets something together and again the backbone moves on... do you seriously think SL and the management are going to say "Lee we have sold your team from under you[ trying to get a stable base financially ] and weve tried to replace it with something to work on and you need to go up or you are out" … I don't think so … more likely to say Lee " hopefully we can make top 6 and get promotion but lets try and be top 8 anyway! ...this season
    other teams in the division are as erratic we are .. we have been up at the sharp end , down to middle table and hovering around top 6 so have at least 10 other teams it is a cyclic momentum created in some instances as easier or harder fixtures … or indeed injuries ….
    I am never delusional, cant afford to be in real life and certainly not when following CITY or any other team .. PMA is the only way to conduct life …..
    looking forward to a point or three this weekend .COME ON YOU Redzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AshtonRed and manxrobin like this.
  9. bcfcredandwhite

Just for the record I’m not calling for Lee to be sacked personally - yet, but something has to change because to carry on as we are we will soon lose ground.
    My comment on Warnock being brought in was based on the hypothesis the LJ is sacked, not on the hope that he is

AshtonRed and Reliant Robin TC2 like this.
  10. johngalleyfan2

comments is nothing to do with a single individuals comments or remarks, and I do/ am able to read into the intentions of various individuals comments .. so BCRW no need to panic in your case.
    It was intended as a generalization of the collective attitudes of CITY posters irrespective of where they may "reside" Personally should LEE get offered a job at a prem club and SL PERSUADED HIM TO LEAVE AG and we needed to find a manager /assistant/joint manager then for a handful say 12-13 games NW might work, but his style of football may not fit with what we have!
    the off with his head comments by the voiciferous [ or those that lurk in the background and simply state their preference "he should go" by liking posts or just keeping stum ] are the ones that currently are not positive aspects to the City cause. With life, and the GE has just shown it in a perverse sort of way, negativity and bad mouthing gets its come uppance … trouble being on here you rarely get to meet the peeps posting ...not a bad thing, but this allows for "arguments to prevail that probably wouldn't if we all met at the pub PRE KICK OFF!

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Junior will have to shoot someone to be sacked.
    The club will never unite, and therefore remain treading water, until he's gone.
    The Championship this season is not a vintage one which with all his zillion signings makes it all the more frustrating.
    And he still wants more which will confuse the poor sod even more.

Reading some of the comments on here about 'who else is out there' is pathetic. Scared of your own shadows. Reminds me of the 'remainers' argument - Let's not rock the boat etc etc.
    FFS, grow some.

Saying all that I think Warnock would be the perfect choice for the short term, really believe he would lift the club. It will give Ashton the time to employ a head coach going forward.
    Hey Guys, it ain't going to happen.
    The 'remainers' will win this one.

Angelicnumber16 and Red Robin like this.
  12. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

The club will never unite no matter who is in charge

13. Red Robin

Once the gate sways it will be a one way ticket.

14. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Having sold Reid, Flint, Bryan, Kelly, Webster, Pack etc etc ..... and made a profit .............. LJ's doing a good job to have us 1 point off the play-offs

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  15. Red Robin

Serious question-what do you think of the football :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

16. johngalleyfan2

Please elaborate, why is the club not united? And who do you think the people are that is causing this dis- unity?

17. Loathsneyd

@Redprintt was saying that the club would never unite whilst LJ was in charge I just sayibg getting rid of him wouldn't unite either

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  18. Loathsneyd

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  19. Red Squid

Red Squid Well-Known Member

To name just two!

20. bcfcredandwhite

Getting rid or Redprintt? That’s a bit harsh Loathsneyd! He’s entitled to his views!!!