1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Today's Game

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Not read what anyone has to say yet. I thought we played very well, Playing two fullbacks certainly improved us, Catts had yet another fantastic game, Buckley was outstanding, Conner's link up play improved about 500%, Alvarez tore them inside out, all in all a very good performance with nobody having a poor game.

I understand people will say where are the goals coming from? But i'm not worried. Poyet has said he's excited about training next and I think it's because he's almost cracked it. The one and only issue I had with the game (apart from the ref) Is that when we're switching play the centre midfield aren't shifting the ball fast enough, especially Larsson seemed to doddle on the ball waiting for the chance to play it down the middle, if the cm can move the ball a bit quicker it will stretch opponents, make space and help create chances. Bit of urgency in the middle of the park need, not a big problem, one that's easily addressed.

Roll on next week. Great performance. :)

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I tend to go along with that Bri.
    Thought Rodwell was poor but I'm sure he'll come good when he gets a few games under his belt.

3. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

As always a great analysis Bri, I too feel overall it was a positive performance and we we're unlucky not to nick it. In saying that we hadn't beatin the sheep shaggers since jan 2012 so was nice to see us stand up! Roll on stoke brother! We got this! <cheers>

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh about right <bubbly>

5. Brian Storm

Well we pressed them high and didn't let them play, so many times this season we've let others push us back, Gus has had less than 12 months and only one window with a budget, Swansea have been implementing their style on all levels for years and see the state of them, just shows patients is imperative while Gus tinkers, he ain't had very long when we look at the bigger picture. The goals will come when the chances are created. Conner and Fletch can both finish, they just need a glut of chances to get them a goal to set them away. Happy days for me like. I know there there's a long way to go so performance has been more important to me than points. I saw a performance today, one we can improve on.

6. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

spot on as usual, good analysis

7. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

you watched the same game as me

8. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Cheers for that mate, I rely on you lads now..<ok>

9. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that Bri, though I do think it is the lack of options/movement ahead of them that causes the midfield to hold onto the ball that bit longer rather than conceding possession.

10. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Needs to happen soon mate. Hes had more than enough game time now so fittness isnt an issue.
    I just hope his confidence hasnt been demorilised at City.

11. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

With a fully fit squad id have Jordi in for Seb, Buckley and Giacc out wide the back 4 is debatable and fook knows who upfront cause nobody can hit a barn door!!

12. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

I think Poyet cost us the points today. None of his substitutions made sense. Should have took Larsson off instead of Rodwell, should have never have took Johnson or wickham off.

They were there for the taking and we should have gone 2 up top and gone for it. We didnt and we got what that negativity deserved.

13. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

I'm with you there, Larsson off and Fletcher on and it would have been better.
    Wickham's movement is still dreadful, he doesn't make himself available for incisive balls the way good strikers do. He looks like he wants to collect the ball and do all the work himself, and he just isn't good enough to do it.
    Fletcher's movement is much more intuitive, when the sod has his head in the game.
    Fletchers header just past the post, Wickhams easier header headed way over the bar and into the stand.

14. Brian Storm

I'm not a big fan of any of our strikers at the moment to be honest, I'd still sell the lot as it stands.

15. Montysoptician

Poyet has just said in his post match interview, that if Angel had been sent off before he subbed Wickham, he would have left him on and played with two forwards.

He lines up not to get beat first off, but I would like to see him taking a chance late on to win games.

16. Montysoptician

Spot on about Wickham MR, he said post match that he tries to out muscle defenders, he should really be out thinking them.

17. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Didnt see the game today.

How did Vergini look playing at CB ? Is Brown going to have an issue getting his place back when he is fit again ?

18. Montysoptician

Had a good game, deserves to keep his place until he drops a clanger.

19. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Once again Cattermole was immense, kept the Swans well away from our goal which helped ease any pressure on the defenders.

My MOTM by a country mile, again!

The Catts haters will be pleased with his booking mind. :p

20. Brian Storm

He looked good mate, safe as houses defensively, few wayward forward passes but hey, at least he isn't afraid to pass it forward. Think he's a great footballer, good to see have a good game in his proper position.