1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Todays Games

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Sounds like you hammered this one!

2. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

He looks a quality player.
    Quick, skillful and intelligent.

Uber_Hoop and sb_73 like this.
  3. rangercol

Not sure anyone would have predicted that result.
    Only seen the highlights, but it was definitely one of those games where one side takes virtually every chance they get.
    A bit of a freak, but Liverpool are looking ominously back to the way they were.

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Klopp said it was a freak result, but the most shocking thing was the behaviour of the Utd players in the second half. They gave up, and the senior players set an appalling example. Fernandes, the captain, was at his petulant worst, refusing to track back and asking to be taken off. I’m pretty sure he pushed a Lino at one stage as well. Shaw started lashing out and tackling recklessly. Martinez and Casemiro disappeared. I suspect the reactions of Keane and Neville will be nothing compared to what ten Hag will say, he was clearly livid, and quite rightly.

5. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

Fernandes is a horrible ****, his attitude stinks. Of the similar ilk to Richarlison, another surly , arrogant maggot !

6. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

In enemy territory tonight at the Bees Fulham game with a neighbour who had a spare ST. Will probably be the only person in the stadium cheering just for my fantasy football players.

Come on Rico Henry hatrick.

Taffvalerowdy and sb_73 like this.
  7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Beeb insisting on calling it a West London derby despite it being Middlesex v South West London.....

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

It's tough to take that Harvey Elliott who played 85 minutes for Liverpool in the Man U thrashing was discovered and signed by QPR and was in our youth academy. He was then stolen as a 15 year old by Fulham before signing for Liverpool a year later. Zero dosh received, or at best a pittance for someone who is playing for an elite premier league team. What's the point of having an academy if your players can be stolen off of you? Didn't Brentford wrap theirs up for this very reason? You develop a good player and they're knicked for **** all. If they're not good enough they don't make it to the first team. Seems like a **** system to me, why bother?

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I can’t see the point of having an academy, but I am nervous about treating children as trade-able property or assets as well, which seems the only way for clubs like us to generate proper income from the system. And you certainly can’t tell them they are not allowed to change clubs or make them sign contracts.

Brentford have now re established an academy, forced into it by PL rules I think.

SW Ranger and QPR999 like this.
  10. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I believe the rules are what is known as ‘not fit for purpose’. As said before, the EFL and clubs need to make a stand on the pittance that are paid when an academy players is ‘groomed’ by another club to sign with them. No problem with an academy player having a fantastic opportunity, but the club that puts time, effort and money into developing them deserves a fair compensation.

EPL clubs are scamming EFL clubs out of players for less than peanuts. EFL where are you?

After all it would be helping clubs to be that more sustainable.

QPR999 likes this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I see Huddersfield picked up one point.

12. Hammersmith bookie

Birmingham v Rotherham at weekend, so no matter what tte result it's bad news. Rotherham win better I presume as they've gone above us now after mauling us !

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If we get overtaken by that old ****er I’ll be really pissed off.

WBA2_QPR3 likes this.
  14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Bloody better catch and beat stoke

15. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

We're in trouble alright.

16. rangercol

I wish he was here right now.

17. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

Me too Col

rangercol likes this.
  18. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Back in Florida after our wedding trip to California, great road trip, great visits to New Orleans, on way home after Mardi Gras (so no boobs for beads!), USS Alabama Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama (last US battleship built, last retired in 1965, sank 15 Japanese ships in Pacific War, sister ship to USS Missouri where Japanese surrender was signed and UUS Arizona which was sunk at Pearl Harbour and turtled drowning hundreds of sailors and ship is their grave), Flagstaff, Arizona at 7,000 feet with snow everywhere, but we got in and out before huge snowstorm, Mojave Desert where I got a speeding ticket at 98 MPH in a 2015 Honda CRV AWD with beautifully balanced Michelin tires and no shake, was in 70 MPH zone, with cruise set at 80 MPH, and had just passed two idiots with cruise set at 70 MPH travelling in the fast lane and not wanting to move over. Unfortunately our Waze had lost connection so didn't know that the cop was just in front of a transport truck that I also overtook in that move. Now in Texas the speed limit on I-10 is 80 MPH and get a ticket is you drive less than 70 MPH.

Now back to football, just watched our 3-1 home loss to Blackburn Rovers on ESPN, and thought we did okay against a strong in form squad. With that kind of effort I think we can beat Watford on Saturday with a bit of luck on our side, scoring the first goal etc. Goodnight all!

19. Hammersmith bookie

Sounds like your having fun pal ! Back to the football but we've lost to Rotherham since Blackburn, and it was seriously grim !

20. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Some very unhappy Parisians last night. They just couldn't get Mbappe more involved in the game, and I'm sad to say it, but having watched Messi twice in the past few weeks, once in person once on TV, he just doesn't look that interested anymore. Happy to play with the ball at his feet but very little chasing the ball down to win it back.