1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Todays Games

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Yes, too close to the Palace ground for my liking. Grew up in South London and most mates at school were either Palace or Chelsea so automatic hate for both there. Add Cardiff for the Play-Off sabotage, West Ham for using our taxes to get a new stadium and Man City for getting away with their creative sponsorship and that's my venom triggered. Sadly our owners and hierarchy are doing their best to turn me against my own club with their f*cking ineptitude...

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Yeah. I found myself thinking yesterday that despite the overall dysfunctional nature of the Tango & Cash era the club was generally on the upward trajectory because Briatore was ruthless. It wasn’t pretty and I’m not advocating a return to that style of ownership (Watford seem to have something similar at the moment) but what we have now is well past it’s sell-by date.

I can’t really work out what they’re trying to do overall. Having spaffed millions on two occasions - on both the first and second recent promotions - they’ve run out of ideas, I think. If the strategy is to try and steady things before trying to recoup their losses then how many times are they going to try that before realising they don’t have the skills?

Having said that, the playing staff shoulder a massive amount of responsibility here too. The same squad that topped the table in October can’t buy a point now and blaming Fatboy **** skedaddling to Glasgow only washes for so long. Coaching and management is part of the story, but desire, motivation and responsibility on the pitch is where it starts and finishes.

This cheap Championship squad is now as dysfunctional as the expensive PL ones under Spunky and Kneecap.

With the benefit of hindsight, if I could go back in time and ‘Quantum Leap’ into Fernandes I’d have kept Warnock even had the side been relegated straight away. A few years as a yo-yo club like Norwich or WBA often are is far more attractive than what we’ve experienced this last decade.

3. Sooperhoop

I was just thinking this week, for all the venom directed at Tango & Cash they actually gave us our most memorable season since the early 80s. The Championship season had it all right up till the morning of the final match and similarly, the endless whingeing about the Thompson's in the early 90s didn't stop us having several great seasons in the top flight.

Fernandes was basically an idiot who was totally mugged by the F1 boys and has effectively condemned us to being a 2nd or 3rd tier team as we can't compete against so many bigger teams with massive financial advantages. New ground? No chance, The H&F consultation seems to favour athletics and swimming over QPR so that's our 2nd rejection after Old Oak. All totally depressing but so QPR...

4. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Brilliant write up, Uber.
    Especially liked the Fatbot Cnut, Spunky & Kneecap, classification.

Tramore Ranger, kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  5. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

At Clematis Market yesterday, here in West Palm Beach, at a food stall met a very pleasant British guy from Eastbourne, who I detected a slight cockney twang. I told him about my Dad and Grandfather growing up in Kilburn, that destined me to follow the R's. He chuckled and said his parents were from Hackney and he supports Arsenal. Excellent Key Lime Pie (with none of that green St. Paddies Day style bright green muck on it, slice of lime, strawberries and raspberries on cream top), apple croissants and my partner bought a wonderful cookie. Needless to say this guy was former Head Chef of the prestigious "Breakers" restaurant near here in Trump country. How am I ever going to lose weight, 15 lbs gained since last November, if I visit this guy every Saturday! But I am swimming for 30 mins every morning, doing chair yoga twice a week, shuffleboard and golf once a week and attending "Stretch Zone" once a week, a wonderful 30 min session that I would highly recommend.

6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Briatore knew what he wanted and was ruthless in achieving it. Ful credit to him. The current lot took over and have decimated the whole club!!!

7. Kilburn

Quite the FA Cup comeback (3-2) by Sheffield United over Blackburn Rovers - now why can't we achieve those sort of match outcomes?

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  8. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

Manchester clubs kept apart in tge Semi finals ! Mmm , not a rigged draw at all

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I watched it live.
    Not sure how it could have been rigged.

10. Kilburn

So let's get Charlie back to score goals and Adel to run a defensive/offensive midfield, as was his role at Benfica. Wouldn't cost that much?

Makemstine Roger and kiwiqpr like this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

whats helgerson doing

12. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

We can't spend a single penny remember!

13. Hammersmith bookie

It happened supposedly years ago, in Spain, where it was rumoured that 2 of the balls left in the bag for their Semi final cup draw had been heated up beforehand. Those 2 balls were Real Madrid and Barcelone respectively, and they got drawn apart. I'm not saying it was rigged, but I'd have bet a very large sum beforehand, if there were odds on it, that the 2 Manchester clubs would be drawn apart !

14. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Let’s hope they both lose although Brighton sheff utd will be enthralling

Uber_Hoop and Makemstine Roger like this.
  15. Sooperhoop

The odds actually favour them being kept apart, 1/2 as only 1 of the 3 can be their opponents. I have heard the heated balls story before but doubt it would happen over here...

rangercol likes this.
  16. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Cold hands on heated balls is worse than a 6-1 defeat at Blackpool!!

17. Hammersmith bookie

I'd have lumped on at 1/2 ! I don't put anything past the crooked ****s in charge of football anymore, it's corrupt to its core.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Championship bottom side Wigan have been docked three points by the EFL for failing to pay player salaries in March, having previously been given a suspended penalty for a similar breach.

The Latics were charged and sanctioned for failing to meet terms of contracts in June, July and October 2022.

Now the suspended sanction has been triggered

19. Sooperhoop

Reading's 6 point deduction will be ratified this week so there's hope yet...

Didley Squat and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  20. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I have a slightly irrational hate of Reading so I'd be doubly pleased.

kiwiqpr likes this.