1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Toon vs Burnley - Sat 29th Feb - 3pm kick off at SJP....we're ****ed!

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by cronemeister, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

The beauty of football Roland is that we all have an opinion. Mine are very different than yours. However, the inverted wingers thing is worth noting. The idea is that it creates more options in attack. Effectually, the winger plays 10 yards in from the wing, creating links with the rest of the midfield, and creating a channel for the overlapping full back. So, very briefly, the idea is to stretch defences, increase passing options, and most importantly, allow the 'winger' the three options of cutting in for a shot, sending the full back down the line, to make a 'natural' cross, or to cross it himself, effectually curling one at the far post which is very difficult to defend when done correctly.
    Problem is, we only have two players who can play this way. If Almiron must play, then where he played Saturday is his position, he is not a winger left or right.
    Of course, none of this works all the time the tendency of the defenders is to hoof it!

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

See this is what happens, you start making up **** up. I haven't said the football is better, I might have said at best Rafa's was only marginally better to watch. Most of the fans are saying the exact same things. Answer the simple question, which is it? Is it your earlier assertion (and others doing a similar hypocritical u turn), when things were going well, that Bruce had copied Rafa's tactics and was playing the exact same way. Or is it the latter assertion that we don't play anything like we did under Rafa? No need for any bollocks just pick which is your actual standpoint. Then we can have a sensible discussion. At the moment I'm dealing with a charlatan who simply changes his story to get on Bruce's back regardless because his beau Rafa has left him.

Please don't embarrass yourself further by claiming that the latent effect of Rafa's regime was the reason for our good run, and he's now coached it out of them. Bear in mind he had to switch to this tactic after a poor beginning so that would pretty much render that argument useless also.

3. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

you really are a bit daft if you cannot grasp my point... rafa built that side! it takes time to destroy good foundations.

are you still going to tell me im embarrassing myself saying perez and rondon are better player than max and rondon btw ? you see you get personal when you disagree. I wait until I'm proved right and bring up your comments...

you then ignore the evidence presented .

lets just see where we are when bruce leaves aye?

speak then .. putting you on ignore until then ... im tired of this

4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

The football was slightly better under Rafa
    Rafa knew what he was doing
    There was a clear plan under Rafa.

However at the end of the day Bruce has gone a similar job to Rafa and at short notice.

My gripe is that SB is a knob of a human being regardless of capability.

Munson. likes this.
  5. Warmir Pouchov

There is nothing personal there. You are a very sensitive soul.

I'd rather have Max than Perez over the long term. Rondon or Rondon is a tough call though.

Anyway which is it, just pick one. It'll be cathartic for you to lie straight in bed for once.

6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Ya on ignore mate. <laugh><laugh> What a cry baby.

Gonna presume I'm already on there.

7. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

you were on and i took you off.. . putting you back on now.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  8. Welshie

please log in to view this image

9. Warmir Pouchov

Always the same once you collar him on his lies. Doesn't like it.

Welshie likes this.
  10. Welshie

He just loves the attention mate, he's been called out on the prem board so he doesn't go there anymore. Declared a few days ago he doesn't care about the footie anymore, when he didn't get a reaction he's back and chatting his usual.

Just a boring routine.

11. Warmir Pouchov

I love Chaos I just like working my ticket with him