1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Total Saints Podcast - 2023/24 Season

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TotalSaintsPod, Jul 24, 2023.

1. TotalSaintsPod

TotalSaintsPod Well-Known Member

If Saints current form was a weekend dessert…..it would probably be crumble (without any of the nice stuff, like custard!).

TSP267 reflects on a third defeat in four league games, after a forgettable 2-1 home defeat to Millwall. What went wrong? Is the season falling apart when it matters most? Does the ‘team need Jack in it’? As always, there’s lots to talk about!

We also pay tribute to Chris Nicholl, after the very sad news of his passing, alongside previewing the FA Cup visit to Liverpool and next Saturday’s trip to Birmingham City.
    • If you’d like to listen to the audio episode, please click: here
    • If you’d prefer to watch a replay then please click: here

RSS and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  2. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Back to Monday morning therapy now.

TotalSaintsPod and RSS like this.
  3. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I've not listened yet, but for some reason I do kind of enjoy the pods after we've played badly and lost even more than when we are winning by 4 goals every week. Definitely some kind of therapy at work and helps to draw a blue line under it as the great Nigel Adkins would say.

4. TotalSaintsPod

There isn’t much that beats the feeling of an injury-time winner…

Yes, TSP268 tries to make sense of another topsy-turvy afternoon for Saints, after Joe Aribo’s 96th minute goal secured an important 4-3 victory over Birmingham.

There is also a preview of Wednesday night’s Preston North End game – with Oli from ‘The Butter Pie Podcast’ providing local insight on The Lilywhites – and we reflect on a chance missed versus Liverpool in the FA Cup.

If you’d like to listen to the audio episode of the podcast, please click: here

Alternatively, you can watch a replay of the YouTube version by clicking: here

thereisonlyoneno7 and RSS like this.
  5. TotalSaintsPod

It’s been another quiet week on the South Coast……with only a fire, postponement and six-goal thriller!

TSP269 sees the team reflect on a vital 3 points against Sunderland, discuss what looks like a hectic fixture list over the next month or so, preview the arrival of Middlesbrough and try to make sense of the latest set of financial accounts.

If you’d like to listen to the audio version of the episode, please click: HERE

If you’d like to watch a replay of the YouTube version, please click: HERE

6. TotalSaintsPod

Missing chances…..and getting punished! It’s the true ‘Southampton Way’ and it happened again versus Middlesbrough.

TSP270 sees the chaps discuss that frustrating 1-1 draw on Friday, after Saints (and Che Adams in particular!) spurned several presentable opportunities to wrap up a much-needed win before the late equaliser inevitably arrived.

There is also a preview of today’s tough looking trip to Ipswich, with Benjamin Bloom from The Blue Monday Podcast providing all the expert insight on the Tractor Boys.

If you’d like to listen to the podcast episode you can find it: here

Or you can watch a YouTube replay: here

RSS and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  7. TotalSaintsPod

The Easter Bunny may have delivered lots of chocolate over this past weekend, but it also removed any remaining belief that Saints could achieve automatic promotion from the Championship.

Despite playing, in Russell Martin’s view, “brilliantly”, a late 3-2 win for Ipswich Town made it another disappointing day at the office.

TSP271 sees the panel react to that defeat at Portman Road and discuss the apparent/impending exit of Director of Football, Jason Wilcox.

Finally, there is a preview of Saturday’s visit to Blackburn Rovers, as the race for fourth place now really starts to heat up!!

> If you’d like to listen to the audio episode, please click: here

> Or, if you prefer seeing four men desperately trying to manage their emotions, why not watch the YouTube replay: here

garysfc and RSS like this.
  8. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Posted this on the Blackburn thread but mods suggested I move to here (there was a reason I didn’t originally).

Just caught up & listened to TSP271 (Ipswich). Said many times before, great listen & they offer a really good alternative viewpoint & with AlfieH some additional “inside” info. They definitely don’t hold back when criticism is “due” but are constructive also. Being a pod they have to be careful what they say, so no OTT crap, which irkes a lot of you! <laugh> I know some on here listen but I get the impression it’s only a few? Maybe I’m wrong - I’d be interested to hear who actually does? I’m going to post this on the Blackburn thread as well. Of course the bosses can delete/move if they feel not relevant.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  9. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Listen to every episode too <ok>

TotalSaintsPod and garysfc like this.
  10. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Have been listening to every episode for a few years now. It’s therapy.

11. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

The YouTube edition of TSP271 has had 2,486 views so far, which seems quite a healthy size of audience. It’s definitely a de rigeur listen for me every week, and I know that at least one of our not606 members gets a name check every episode as a contributor!

12. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Yep listen to every episode. Used to be my Monday morning therapy, then this year my Monday morning motivation. Not sure what it is now lol.

13. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Always listen, and shell out a little bit of dosh on Patreon too.

14. garysfc

Nice LTL; hats off! :emoticon-0148-yes: Quite interesting the ones who have confirmed as listeners……. only 8 to date

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
  15. TotalSaintsPod

Thank you! :emoticon-0152-heart

Le Tissier's Laces likes this.
  16. TotalSaintsPod

Saints played out a drab 0-0 draw against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend, with limited action at either end of the pitch.

TSP272 covers off the key talking points from that fixture (spoiler: doesn’t take long!) and discusses some of Russell Martin’s current tactical plans – including the role being undertaken by Jack Stephens.

Also, ahead of a double-game week, there are previews of both Coventry City and Watford’s visit to St. Mary’s.

> If you’d like to listen to the podcast episode, please click: here

> If you’d prefer to watch a YouTube replay, please click: here

thereisonlyoneno7 and RSS like this.
  17. garysfc

So only 8 of us watch/listen or could be bothered to reply. Rather surprised it’s so small, this site supposedly being more level headed than others. Of course it might be that so many have blocked me & didn’t see! <laugh>

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  18. SaintStu

SaintStu Well-Known Member

I watch about 75% of the time. Normally an hour after it is streamed.

19. garysfc

#9 :emoticon-0148-yes:

TotalSaintsPod likes this.
  20. TotalSaintsPod

Is it happening or It is happening? Who knows….

Yes, one-minute Saints are out of the automatic promotion race, the next minute they’re back in it again – it’s like the footballing equivalent of the Hokey Cokey!

TSP273 reflects on a dramatic injury, injury, injury-time winner by Flynn Downes, as Russell Martin’s side came back to secure victory against Watford on Saturday.

There is also a preview of the next two games – at home to Preston and away to Cardiff City – alongside reaction to last week’s match versus Coventry City.

> If you’d like to listen to the audio version of the episode, please click: here

> If you’d like to watch a replay of the YouTube video, please click: here

garysfc, RSS and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.