1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Jul 8, 2020.

1. audrey.s.thackeray

audrey.s.thackeray Well-Known Member

MORE????!!!!!!!!

The Changing Man and Spurf like this.
  2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Dinosaur's were much more successful than us humans, dominating the planet for 30 million years compared to our couple of million. Climate change did for them. Our Mourinho dinosaur is still big enough to stomp about the PL jungle and lay a few large eggs.

3. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

If the law supposes that, then the law is a ass , a idiot ! If that's the eye of the law , then the law is a bachelor

4. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Eriksen was the thread that knit the team together. They've unraveled without him. I'm afraid Dele, like Kane (and quite a number of others), has been hobbled by chronic fitness issues.

I have high hopes for lo Celso taking over Eriksen's central role, and have just revived my hopes Ndombele may do so, either individually or in tandem with lo Celso.

Now I wish there was some evidence that trying to get the ball in the general direction of the other goal was somewhere on the team's priority list.

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Climate change will see to the demise of the Joseasarous Mou as the planet becomes infested with snowflakes, long gone are the fiery climates of old

6. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Yes but will he take the rest of us with him?

Who are you calling a snowflake?
    please log in to view this image

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

the players

Spurf likes this.
  8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Collina sums it up:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53367746
    VAR is **** if the officials using it are **** and won't overrule their mates.

There's a reason that certain clubs in Italy didn't want him running their games.

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Now that was a proper referee.

10. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think Lo Celso is a different player to Eriksen so unsure if he can replace him but I think he can bring his own style to the team that can be equally as good. I think both he and Ndombele can strike up a great partnership in a midfield three so long as they have a good DM behind supporting them (which is also why I’m very open to selling Dele). Giving them free licence to create should see our output increase in terms of assists/ goals. It’s why I get so frustrated seeing Winks and Sissoko in the XI, they both graft hard but they offer next to nothing on the front foot. The footballing gods are definitely punishing me for having to watch those two together.

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

When you look at the farce that is our pass map against Everton - seven outfield players on the left flank while Aurier, Sissoko and Lucas occupy the right and the only player in the centre is Lloris (and this isn't an exaggeration at all) - that looks like an abject lack of planning, and the thing is the players can't be blamed considering our pass maps against Sheffield United and West Scam all showed they were playing roles in a system...apart from anyone on the right flank, anyway, given that flank is like the Bermuda Triangle when Aurier and Lucas start as possession goes in but never comes out again

In terms of our right flank being a waste of space, that absolutely falls on the ubermensch: by now he should have realised that Aurier should not be starting every game as he has neither the defensive instincts to play RB nor does he have the passing or crossing ability to be an effective RWB, yet Aurier is guaranteed to get 90 minutes every game even though it's abundantly clear that he is not a player who should be anywhere near the starting xi for a team with our aims - and the issues only get worse when Lucas also starts on that flank, as that's two players on the right who show no inclination to defend while also being far less effective in attack than they need to be

PowerSpurs likes this.
  12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Spot the issue

please log in to view this image

...did I explain that those four touches on the left are in our own penalty area?