1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Cardiff City...Fug Me, Wembley Here We Come!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Wonder if it possible for City to win this one, after all we did win at Wembley in 1927? Not forgetting FA Cup semi final! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>Abide with me pals <party>Big pitch might suit us!<party>we might score three eh?

2. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Me with me pals <party>Big pitch might suit us!<party>we might score three eh?[/QUOTE]
    Masky don't wake up I love those three goal dreams

3. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

Very much doubt it Masky. Hope I'm wrong but I think we're in for a bit of a hiding. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well I dunno - they let in 4 against Barca last night...............but then again we're not Barca - yet!........<laugh>

5. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Should be a stroll with no Erickson, Dele Ali, Vertonghen, Dembele.

Oh hold on forgot about Kane, Son, Lamela, Sanchez, Maura, Davies, Aldereweld, Trippier<doh>

Could do with some more Lloris clangers<whistle>

6. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Harry Kane has never scored against us mighty Bluebirds, tomorrow he will get fug all as we are tightening up at the back...and our forwards will fire us up the table! To be sure! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen is absent with a hamstring problem that could rule him out for up to six weeks.

Injury has also ruled out Christian Eriksen, Dele Alli and Mousa Dembele for the visit of Cardiff. John Hollins could get a recall after a lengthy layoff!

Junior Hoilett is available, having missed last weekend's defeat against Burnley with a virus.

Fellow midfielder Aron Gunnarsson remains sidelined with a knee problem but could be fit to face Fulham after the international break.

@SteveBowercomm: Having watched Lionel Messi light up Wembley single-handedly in the week, Cardiff will have a game plan to try and darken the stadium.

The Bluebirds' season, which was always going to be a hard one, doesn't get any easier - Spurs are the fifth member of last season's top seven they will have faced in their opening eight matches.

Neil Warnock will hope and pray that facing Barcelona will have taken its toll in some way on Spurs.

Mauricio Pochettino, though, will be looking for a comfortable day at their temporary office to maintain Tottenham's promising start to their league campaign.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino: "The most difficult game is the game that everyone believes, outside of the team, that you must win.

"For us it's so important to be motivated at the same level. If not we're going to struggle."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "Vincent (Tan) is as difficult as any owner but his heart is in the right place and he wants to do well. If the time came when he felt someone would be a better option I wouldn't have a problem with that.

"If we don't get results, no doubt it will become someone else's problem. What's the worst scenario? I could go away with (wife) Sharon to Italy or somewhere and have a nice, relaxed Christmas."

This is going to be a very different test for Tottenham compared to their defeat by Barcelona in midweek.

Spurs just have to look at that Barca game in isolation and forget about it, because it will have no bearing on this game.

Prediction: 3-0

Lawro's full predictions v Radio 1 DJ Chris Stark

Head-to-head

• Tottenham are on a seven-match unbeaten streak against Cardiff, winning five and drawing two.
    • Cardiff have only scored one goal during that spell, which includes 1-0 home and away defeats when the Bluebirds were last in the Premier League in 2013-14.
    Tottenham Hotspur

• Victory for Tottenham would give them 18 points, equalling their best Premier League tally after eight matches.
    • They are on a four-match winless home run in all competitions for the first time since April-May 2011.
    • Spurs are unbeaten in 37 Premier League games against promoted sides, winning 34 and drawing three.
    • Cardiff are the only side out of the 27 Harry Kane has faced in the Premier League that he is yet to score against.
    • Kane has scored four goals in his last three matches in all competitions.
    Cardiff City

• Cardiff could fail to win their opening eight league games for only the third time in their history.
    • The Bluebirds are without a win in 11 Premier League games, losing eight and drawing three.
    • Their last Premier League victory came against Mauricio Pochettino's Southampton in April 2014.
    • Neil Warnock has won four play-off finals as a manager at Wembley Stadium - two with Notts County and one each with Huddersfield Town and Plymouth Argyle.

7. ninian opinion

Has Citizen ever played against City?

8. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

No Kane never has, but tomorrow he will be Abel to! Anyone see what Masky did there? :emoticon-0103-cool:

9. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

I would prefer the manager to at least sound like he would prefer not to get sacked. A bit more passion please Mr.Waenock.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Strange one that report about John Hollins - I didn't know he'd joined Spurs from Chelsea.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Agreed. Maybe he's just being honest but it's all a bit negative for me - it tends to rub off everyone else.

12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Just checking to see who reads it...well spotted pal! :emoticon-0103-cool:

13. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Just starting to rain here in Hertfordshire and forecast to rain all afternoon so that may be a help to you

14. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Oh yes he has. When he was on loan at either Millwall or Norwich - or both. I remember him as being totally ineffective in his white boots. He's improved a little since then. Hope he is just as ineffective today.

What is true is that he has never scored against us and, though not relevant today, is that CCS is a Prem ground he has never scored at. Either just us or possibly one other. <ok>

15. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Fug me, there’s always one out there more knowledgeable than thy! :emoticon-0103-cool:

<party>BFB is also BT!<party>one of them has been 60 for yonks!<party>Same people, no doubt about it!

16. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

17. ninian opinion

How lucky did Spurs get for their goal<grr>

How didn’t Hoilett score?

You sense Spurs could kill us off but fair play to Paterson & Murphy so far.

Why do City always look so uncomfortable on the ball?

18. BluefromBridgend

Ralls red. Consensus on BBC hard done by. Backs to the wall stuff now although Loris pulls off a terrific save to thwart Morro.

19. BluefromBridgend

Fug me Masky. I may be 60+ but slim and fit. BT is definitely not.

Doris would be impressed. :emoticon-0165-muscl

20. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Poor Tottenham display, but we can’t break them down! :emoticon-0103-cool: