1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Nov 8, 2018.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where was the luck?
    Palace tried to stifle the game, came unstuck and then went all Allardycey at the end to try and nick a point.

If you pick a hardworking, solid side with no attacking intent, then you'll probably make it hard for the opposition.
    If they can still break you down and you go behind, then you need to respond quickly and change things.
    They managed to create one great chance, but all of their strikers are massively out of form, due to a lack of game time and service.
    It's not a coincidence that most of Palace's goal threat is from penalties, which they've had loads of in the last season and a bit.

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

It was very, very poor, mostly because he knows that it's not true. He knows the club and the management and he gets to watch them more than just about any pundit. One of THE things about Spurs since MP took over is that they do dog it out very often. I can't think of many games where we've lost by more than 1 goal and there have been plenty where we've come back to take 3 points having played well below our best.

He's far from stupid (Chris Sutton, Robbie Savage, Michael Owen, etc.) but doesn't bring a particularly great deal of tactical insight but he's supposed to be supplying expertise. If the job description was to make up a load of bollocks, then fair enough but that comment was just nonsensical and quite surprising.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I get the feeling our social media team get paid every time one of the "wheRZ Ur trooFyZ?" dullards pops by to visit...

4. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

Who do you love more Gazzaniga or Grealish? :)

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I've got a man-crush on Gazza so it'd have to be him, the sexy bastard.

Super Jack will always remain important to me though.