1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Dinamo Zagreb

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0159-music You'll never sing that,
    You'll never sing that.
    First English team in the Europa Conference League Two,
    You'll never sing that. :emoticon-0159-music

:1980_boogie_down:

2. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

I am far from selling Kane or Son but will be very surprised if they don't put in transfer requests come the summer , I assumed Kane was the heart of this team but after lastnight I'm not sure, the whole team let us fans down badly and only Hugo had the spuds to stand up and apologise as far as i can see
    It is a pity that the fans are not in the stadium as I'm sure they would have let the team know how bad we felt , I can't recall ever booing my team but feel so badly let down by them I would make exception this time

3. Alfie Conn

I can back every word Brian said about the meddling , up until last November my son worked for an electrical consultancy at the new stadium, I went to the stadium for walk rounds long before it was open but was sworn to secrecy because my son would have lost his job but on those occasions I went he showed me the many ****ups and corners cut all because a certain person stuck his nose in to save a few Bob but in the long run it will cost the club big money to correct

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I've seen it doing the rounds on not only here but also r/coys the idea that, if we sell Harry Kane, we can buy a new defence

Nobody has considered that buying a new defence isn't worth much if nobody's scoring at the other end...

Alfie Conn and Left on the Shelf like this.
  5. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

What is a 'first team'?
    They're all various colours of **** on any given day...
    Lloris, Kane, Son & maybe Lucas & Reggie aside (and even question marks over a couple of those)?

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. Left on the Shelf

Left on the Shelf Well-Known Member

Aurier's performance - and general ****e attitude - last night, did nothing to suggest he is content

Joker? Or Clown? Sometimes a thin dividing line...

7. humanbeingincroydon

I mean, if we had John Wayne Gacy at RB it might deter teams from attacking us down that flank...

8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I think the brutal reality is that it's just Kane and Son I suppose. Reguilon potentially and Bale on his day. Lloris isn't as good as he was and Lucas isn't starting quality, he's just starting lately because we don't have any good enough option.

Don't think I've ever looked at a Tottenham side with so much disdain though.

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah he was woeful, though name someone that wasn't, lol.

I think he seems like a decent character to have around the place though (despite his past in France), he's often being made fun of or being the joker in behind the scenes videos or people's Insta stories and I think that can be good for squad morale to an extent, not that it's working of late of course.

I really do think that little English trio of Dele, Dier and Winks are some Hugo was referring too. Could be wrong and if we find out otherwise I'll hold my hands up but something just stinks about those three and it's not just their footballing ability.

10. Alfie Conn

My son was working lastnight so I kept him updated on the first half, told him Ndombele was strolling about like a drunk sometimes then double checked the line up and realised that it was Aurier , I was watching on my phone but must apologise to Ndombele for his non existent first half but what i saw lastnight will live with me for a very long time

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

We'd have lost to all of them.

After what went on last night, we're in deep **** and it's time to clear house.

12. Citizen Kane.

Sissoko of late has also looked really laboured and half-arsed. For all his lacks, it was rare you could fault his effort, energy and work rate. But those have totally vanished in recent weeks, despite the fact that - unlike Hojbjerg - he hasn't played 200 times this season.

Also very likely that Rodon and Bergwijn's confidence is shattered after a couple of high profile mistakes led to them being almost completely frozen out. If he wasn't an academy product, I'd say Tanganga is inching closer to this category too.

Add to that the naturally 'high maintenance' players like Bale who was thrown under a bus again after the NLD (his performance was atrocious tbf) just when it looked like he was getting into gear. N'dombele is in a similar category. Invisible for weeks now.

Then there's Joe Hart, who is probably smarting at being brought in, seeing the previous 2nd choice move to Elche, yet barely playing a minute in months. His dig on insta was VERY out of character and shocking to have come from a senior player at the end of his career. In some ways, it disturbed me more than Hugo's interview. When players who have nothing left to prove are the main source of criticism, it's a huge worry.

Add to that Vinicius, who must be wondering what he did to deserve this.

So that's around 10 players out of 25 who seem deeply unhappy.

Hooray for Jose.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Unhappy is one thing though, being a bad influence is another.

Bergwijn, Rodon, Tanganga don't strike me as bad eggs. Bale on the contrary still seems very happy to be back at Tottenham despite digs from media, Jose and even fans.

Hart has apologised for the Insta stuff already, it wasn't out of character, just another sign of a player using a media team and not always being correct with information.

Left on the Shelf likes this.
  14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

there's always unhappy players in a squad...Vini probably thinking the same as what the N’koudou, N’jie’s of the world thought when Poch got them in.

15. Citizen Kane.

I wasn't saying they are bad eggs. I was saying that their confidence is likely shot to pieces, largely thanks to the way they have been managed - especially in the wake of poor performances.

16. Citizen Kane.

Yeah but amplified as he came from a team where he was the main man and top scorer in the league, whereas the two you mentioned had accomplished squat by comparison when we signed them.

17. humanbeingincroydon

Bergwijn absolutely looks like he's lost all confidence - although I place the blame for that on the knobheads who racially abused him on Instagram after the Saltypool match rather than anything else

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

This, and so much so.

With the likelihood of no European football next season it's also the perfect time to trim the fat.

I'd be amazed if there were Spurs supporters who were against any of the following being sold:
    Doherty, Aurier, Dier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Dele, Lo Celso, Lamela.

If we can shift around 70% of them it'll be a positive start in the summer for a rebuild to commence. If the majority stay then it's pointless talking about managers who can improve us because whilst we have a group of dross or players rarely available, we'd be asking for someone to perform miracles and I think Poch used up all our miracle lifelines.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  19. Citizen Kane.

What they did was abhorrent but do you think Jose then dropping him not just from the team but from most match day squads helped matters, or made things worse?

Isn't that the manager saying in no uncertain terms: I agree with the knobheads?

20. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image