1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City -League Cup Final

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 23, 2021.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Threatening to Furlough the lowest paid staff was not a mistake...it was a complete disgrace.
    He is a multi millionaire who counterpointed himself not taking his pay to effectively giving a 20% pay cut to people living on little more than the London Living Wage in order to save less than JMs severance pay.

In 2017 the club made a huge deal of being a London Living Wage employer correctly pointing out that working people deserve a living wage.

So who the **** is he to the effectively threaten to steal 20% of it via the furlough scheme?

The ESL was not a mistake is was a kick in the bollocks to all football fans.

He has dragged our clubs name through the mud as far as I am concerned.

None of this is aimed at you btw.

I have been a trade union and community activist all my adult life and I am beyond gutted that Spurs have treated the lowest paid employees and supporters so disrespectfully.

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Levy should have been principled.
    Without principles you get corruption and **** decisions.
    Look at UEFA and FIFA as examples.
    Every company that refuses to pay taxes uses the same or similar excuses.

BobbyD, Alfie Conn and Spurf like this.
  3. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

Agreed. What riled me much more than the initial decision was the total naivete in the original announcement, the non-apology that followed (it was even worse than the furlough non-apology) and the fact that we were one of if not the last of the PL clubs to withdraw. Again - we are told repeatedly that we "do things differently" to the likes of City and Chelsea, implying that we are angelic compared to the corruption of the Abramovitch and Mansours of this world...so why did neither club place staff on furlough and why were they the first two to withdraw from the ESL?

It would be one thing if we had the trophy cabinet to match them, but for all our talk of City and Chelsea buying success, someone somewhere in their PR department REALLY gets how fans think.

BobbyD, The Huddlefro and Spurf like this.
  4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This isn't true. City let everyone know early and Chelsea telegraphed it, but 5 of the 6 announced simultaneously.
    City were about an hour ahead of everyone else.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  6. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of a stretch to equate the ESL idea with tax evasion but your point about principles is exactly right. I don't think we are as low on those as our competitors though, and almost by definition, any new owner who thinks they can perform better than ENIC will be throwing those principles that remain out of the window.

The Changing Man and vimhawk like this.