1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham Hotspurs v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 1, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds Utd

Saturday 2nd January 12:30pm | Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Two of the most exuberant Managers come face to face this weekend when Jose Mourinho's Spurs entertain Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds.

Leeds will need a lucky break if they are to return from North London with three points. It has been three long years (9th Dec at QPR) since they last won in London, plus the chosen one has won all four of his previous meetings with Marcelo Bielsa

With Gareth Bale and Giovani Lo Celso sidelined through injury, and Lucas Moura and Carlos Vinicius major doubts, it could come down to a straight choice between Steven Bergwijn and Erik Lamela for the final place alongside Harry Kane and Son.

Leeds have no fresh injury worries, though Llorente and Cooper remain sidelined. Bielsa is expected to select the same team that destroyed West Brom and beat Burnley.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    bucks_is_leeds and ristac like this.
  2. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

hope we win this one very difficult but my fingers are crossed

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A good display and any points gained is a bonus, if someone had offered me 6 points against Burnley and WBA but a defeat to Spurs I’d have taken it. This is a no pressure game, as long as it’s not another Man U I can just sit back and enjoy it.

4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

ristac and Makemstine Roger like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Spurs are a top 6 side so will not be surprised if we get beat. Will not be unhappy if we get beat, but we are capable of turning over top 6 teams like we almost did at Liverpool and we looked like were going to do against Leicester. We took a point off Man City, so taking a point against Spurs is a result. A win down there will be massive

6. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

<cracker>Happy new year to you all <cracker>.

I fear this one,against a very good spurs side, with talented strikers son & kane and in London to boot, i'm sorry everyone but i am going with 3-1/4-1 spurs. (sorry to be negative)
    As Ristac and Doc said to get anything from the game would be a massive bonus.
    Welcome to 2021 premier league football everyone i just hope we don't get a festive stuffing.:(

blonogasoven and Gessa like this.
  7. lifecheshirewhite

Close the door on your way out <whistle> 3-1 to Leeds.

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Tough one of course , I fear we will play into the hands of Mr Anti-football, but if we take our chances no reason we can't get a point here.....but it is London, surely one day we have to break that hoo-doo

2 pennth and Doc like this.
  9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Is that what you say to them? I've heard worse.

10. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes: That's the spirit.:emoticon-0136-giggl

lifecheshirewhite likes this.

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Happy New Year everyone
    We’ve got 6 points under our belt from the holiday games so far 6 out of a possible 9 I’m happy with that any additional points from Spurs would be gratefully received

southernwhite, ristac and Gessa like this.
  12. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

They will let us have the ball and set little traps. It's up to us to play through that little press when they do it. We haven't passed the ball well for a few games now and we will get punished by the quality they have up top.

It's very similar to the Leicester game tactically. We WILL get chances to put the ball in, it's up to us to be clinical in front of goal. I think Spurs will score at least a couple so we need our shots to fly in. Could be a lot of goals in thos one.

It's a free hit. Anything could happen.

ristac and Doc like this.
  13. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Spurs are conceding one goal a game and we are scoring two goals a game get your money on Leeds and Marcelo.

14. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to all, head like a box of frogs, Baileys with Jamesons over ice and Stella chasers :emoticon-0132-envy:.
    Just a few points:-
    I like how Ayling is taking responsibility and talking to the players, especially Sturijk, that lad is going to be a good player.
    Meslier has to start to calm down, stop flapping at crosses and punch them, that was a very poor WBA he got away with it......better teams he and we shall get punished badly.
    The pitch at LS11 needs digging up and relaying sooner rather than later.
    Talk of us interested in Diego Costa, hope that there is no truth in that, he is one rotten apple and we dont want him in our barrel.

Right im off, feel sh 1 te, all the best to each and everyone.

15. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning all.
    We're going to have to break Spurs down. It will be very difficult plus it's in London and plus they have good forwards.

We'll probably beat them 5-0:)

Worth a try as it worked against WBA

16. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Kane drops back from attack to midfield quite a lot so wouldn’t be surprised if Phillips has the job of man marking him, and I think he’ll do a good job of that task.

Not sure who’ll get the job of marking Son though. It’ll need to be someone with pace.

Anyway mark these two out of the game and apart from set- pieces I can’t see them scoring tbh.

Need to stop giving silly free kicks away in dangerous areas. If we do I can see us winning this.

ristac and Irishshako like this.
  17. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

The mindless unfounded optimism that made Britain great. Love it.

southernwhite likes this.
  18. lifecheshirewhite

That's right, they all said you can't retake an Island the other side of the world in 1982,they told the Paras you can't capture goose green, the defenders outnumber you 3-1.They told Nelson, you can't beat the armada, yes we can.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Jose has played Kane as a No10 which is the reason he has only scored 9 goals but hes got 10 assists which puts him in a league of his own. Many of Sons goals come from Kanes creation. We have to stop Kane who is the best English striker and one of the best in the world. When a striker like Kane is capable of playing as a 10 as well we have to be wary

20. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

It's certainly winnable for me, cockerneys on a bit of a downer at the moment 0 wins in 4, keep Harry and son quiet and 3 points in the bag no negative vibes at this end ayling and struick doing a decent job in middle, Phillips looking better every week raphinha is a snip for 17 million, lord bamford due another and Jose to do a boring after match presser

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.