1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer goss and rumours, Summer 2016.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I hope we do sell Redmond, he's been a passenger far to often this season, how he was left on in the Man U game is beyond me.

2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

We need a creative passer in Midfield. Someone who can sit and pull the strings. I use to like Fox in that kind of role at a lower level. Someone with the creativity of Wes, but a bit more solid and able to sit and make a tackle.Can't think of who would fit the bill at the moment.

Where's Nick Powell? Would be be a good signing in the Championship and for the future? He might be a bit injury prone through. Ben Marshall at Blackburn? Aron Gunnarsson at Cardiff?

As for Strikers, Ross wouldn't be a bad signing. A lot of money, but a finisher. I'd rather Dembele from Fulham though.

3. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

I am all for spending money but I don't think McCormack for £12m is something we should look at. Lets invest in some decent CB's we've been crying out for them for as long as I can remember! Klose should have proven what difference having quality in that position makes.

4. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

The way I see it is we should try to invest in 1 centre back better than Martin and Bass if we keep Klose and two if we sell him, afterall we should make a wee profit on him unless there was a relegation clause in his contract. But we also must buy a finisher, preferably an all round striker. That is why I would have no objections to getting McCormack. Goals and assists aplenty. I would hope that we could afford a striker like him ~£12M and defender ~£6-8M without sales, though I have no idea what sort of money we have in the kitty. But if we can get a number of the players unlikely to play a part, off the wages and maybe even pick up a fee or two then A ST, CB should be well within reach and maybe a couple more besides.

Bah!

5. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

I don't disagree with the positions for strengthening I just feel that knowing how are club is run we will be selling 2-3 players to reduce the wage bill and free up funds. I would think the players to go will be Redmond and Klose.....maybe even Brady!

Redmond and Klose will both command big fees and will help the club stabilise despite relegation.

I then dont see the board spending anything about £6-7m on a single player and would be surprised if we spent more than £15m in the summer if we made sales. I would see it that if Redmond goes Josh Murphy would be expected to step up and in that case we wont actually have to pay to replace him and we will reduce the wage bill.

I hope I am wrong and we do push the boat out at CB and ST as its what we desperately need.

6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

This summer will really show what the boards ambitions are. In theory we now have a scouting and recruitment team in place, OK chief negotiator has gone, but was he the problem in getting the players in? Part of it at least, i suspect. I think retention of Brady, Klose and to a lesser extent Redmond would be a big statement. It may of course not be possible. but they should all command significant fees, which we must then spend to inprove. If we lose all of those 3 then we really are right back to square one. We cannot build a PL capable side if we sell our only proper PL class players! I say Redmond, but I'd happily take £10M+ for him as I would be happy with Brady, Jarvis and the Murphy's
    independant of sales, there is no way we can go into the season without reinforcements up front. Jerome is capable at this level but we don't have another striker who is. It would be criminal to not spend a significant sum on a decent striker. Look at the teams that went up this year. Anything less from Delia et al and I will feel let down and that we have our answer about their level of ambition.

Bah!

KIO and Walsh.i.am like this.
  7. ilovedelia

AT LAST, someone with the same vision as me, a creative passer......We've had them in the past, Martin Peters, Ian Crook etc.
    :emoticon-0167-beer: for you FML! :emoticon-0178-rock:

8. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no point in strengthening the midfield until we've sorted out our CB & Striker issues. After that I'd be happy with a creative midfielder provided a midfielder is sold to make space. Hoolahan, Dorrans & Mulumbu can all go as far as i'm concerned.

JM Fan likes this.
  9. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying ILD, but in the days of Crook and Peters it was a lot more level playing field, today we have 5 or 6 teams able to pay a weekly wage of as much as we could pay in a month!

10. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I wanted us to sign McCormack last time we came down, a proven goal scorer in this league.

£12m a couple of years ago would have been okay but at this point in his career I'm not so sure.

If we wouldn't fork out £10m for Afobe we will never put £12m on McCormack

marknemo, KIO and DHCanary like this.

11. Forgot_My_Lines

Thanks mate :emoticon-0105-wink:

12. ilovedelia

It's not just about wages, its about having someone capable of doing that job and the team built around them. Tactics would need to change as well, but that won't happen with Alex Neil in charge. We need a manager with that vision and the players to understand it.
    That doesn't have to cost a fortune, I believe that the entire Leicester squad cost £57m, but they have a man with a plan and a vision to use the players he had at his disposal, making the most of what he had! Their game plan isn't complicated, just a simple plan that works.

13. Forgot_My_Lines

We need strengthening all round. Big job needed in the summer. I would like a new RB, a CB (as long as Klose stays. If not, then we need 2 first team starters. Left-Back, I'd like to keep Olsson now, Toffolocan be back up. I think I'd be fine with Rudd and Ruddy in the championship. Loan out Mathews, and get rid of Kean.

Dorrans, Mulumbu can go.

MBok won't stay. Jerome can have an impact at Championship Level. Ricky will probably leave. Hopefully we don't sign Bamford, he can go back. Wonder is Morris is worth a place on the bench? 8 goals in 31 in the SPL.

I'd love to see Toffolo, Josh Murphy involved in the first team squad. Maybe even Jacob Murphy. Games for Rudd. Maybe even see Maddison involved. See Hoolahan take him under his wing for a season. We have to start blooding our young talent. We don't have to shove them all in and hope for the best, but bring them off the bench a few times, if they look good, start them in some games. There would be a lot more fight and passion from young hungry local players, and the fans love to see a home grown player playing.

14. Forgot_My_Lines

If we feel Ruddy has to move on next season. I really like that Ben Garratt from Crewe.

15. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sunderland did us a favour really, we've a whole extra 4 days of planning for next season. No excuses.

marknemo, KIO, Russ Martin 2 and 4 others like this.
  16. Forgot_My_Lines

Alan Judge at Brentford has scored 14 and assisted 11 this season from midfield. He is the kind of midfielder we need. He reminds me of what Ritchie was like for Bournemouth.

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I feel. I'd like to see Hucks take on Maddison's development - he was brilliant to watch!!!!! <ok>
    Add to the list of those leaving - Martin and Whitts,

18. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

The club has to go all out to persuade Timm Klose to stay with us for this coming season. Make him captain and build around him. We must never again be in the position of starting a season with only two full time centre backs plus Martin.

marknemo, KIO, RiverEndRick and 2 others like this.
  19. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With the boardroom in as much turmoil the team on the pitch at this time, it's difficult to predict exactly what the hell will transpire over this summer!

KIO likes this.
  20. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Though I don't think midfield is our biggest priority (unless Howson and/or Tettey leave, Judge could be a good shout as he is versatile and can play on the wing as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.