1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I find it difficult to believe ESR will still be at the club by end of Summer. Feels like those minutes against Luton were a token gesture. We've barely seen him since.

2. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I do find it quite hilarious that we were linked with both Isak and Bruno Guimaraes in 2022, could have got them for a lot cheaper, yet now will have to fork out a king's ransom to get either/both.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Which is criminal as he's so good when fit. Urgh. To replace him like for like would cost us more net than just keeping him and playing him.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

BrunelGunner likes this.
  5. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Was just about to post this - what a goal that was <applause>

Going to create a new thread specifically for injury updates and team news

TheBear likes this.
  6. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

7. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

8. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

I don’t mind this. He’s been much better than I expected and, with Elneny leaving in Summer, he’s the perfect replacement. He’s also very experienced and got leadership qualities on and off the field. I was really displeased when we got him, but fair play - he’s been a shrewd bit of business for £10m-£12m.

PINKIE likes this.
  9. TheBear

It's good move by Edu. He's been solid whenever called on and he's got that experience winning at the highest level.

PINKIE likes this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Jorginho has been a key player in the team this season and I'd definitely keep him at the club for at least another season. You need players like that with experience in the squad and by all reports, Jorghino is seen as a leader in the dressing room.

My feeling is that the club want to keep him and transition him into a coaching role eventually .

11. TheBear

I'm still unsure about Thomas Partey though.

He was great in the Chelsea game and OK in the Tottenham game (was caught on the ball a few times).

Do we offer him a new deal or is he past his best physically?

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Keep 100%

I thought he was really good against Spurs

We have to remember that he's still getting back to full fitness (if he ever is truly fully fit) so there's still another level to come from him

Top quality player.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'd like to see us bring in Guiamares. I think he'd slot straight into this team and he'd give us that combination of skill, penetration and steel.

Would probs be the end of ESR and Vieira at Arsenal, but we can't be too sentimental about these things.

14. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

If a good offer came in, I'd sell him. We cannot rely on him for a full season and we can't keep hoping he's going to ever change. Of the 4 years he's been here, he's had significant injury problems for 3 of them. This is who he is.

If we don't receive a good fee, then I'd probably keep him until his contract runs out in 2025, but keep as a rotational option whilst signing another first-choice midfielder. I wouldn't even contemplate renewing his deal at all, though.

We need to look at evolving past him because he has no long-term future at the club.

15. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Arsenal are apparently open to selling Gabriel Jesus according to The Athletic. And I understand why.

He's not been same since his injuries, can't be relied on to play a full 90 and it speaks volumes that Havertz is already 6 goals away from matching Jesus' overall goal tally for Arsenal.

I'll never forget how impactful he was when he first came to the club, and how he raised our level from being CL qualifying contenders to title challenging contenders. But the reality is I don't think he's good enough anymore and his loss of explosiveness significantly reduces his impact.

16. TheBear

I think I'd prefer Douglas Luiz to Guimaraes.

Bruno is soo unlikable - it's his personality that puts me off tbh. Good player though

17. TheBear

I heard Ornstein say (Athletic podcast) that basically he's been pushing through pain all Season. (After his last surgery) I would imagine they need to go back in and fix whatever is causing the issue.

18. TheBear

Based on the current crop of transfer rumours - I would go.

Although Isak is my first choice CF signing for Arsenal - I think Newcastle are gonna do everything they can to keep him so I think we should go Gyokeres.
    He's a superb finisher (48% conversion rate this Season) and a good all round footballer.

I'm loving Rice as a Number 8. So I think we need to bring in a midfielder who can play both CM & DM. Zubimendi for me. He's technically superb, has a £60m release clause.

We need another dynamic wide player - Nico Williams at Atletico. Dynamic, quick and can play both wings.

I think we will see Nwaneri getting more and more game-time next Season. Kid is an elite talent. Wether we keep both Jorginho and Partey is still to be seen.

---------Martinelli/Trossard-------------------Gyokeres/Havertz/Jesus--------------------------Saka/Williams/Jesus----------
    --------------Rice/Havertz/Zinchenko-------Zubimendi/Partey/Jorginho------------Odegaard/ESR/Nwaneri----------------
    Timber/Zinchenko----------Gabriel/Kiwior------------------------Saliba/Timber/White--------------White/Timber/Tomiyasu

Last edited: May 6, 2024
  19. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Wonder how much we’d get for him if Newcastle want him

20. BrunelGunner

Forum Moderator

Jorginho extends his deal until 2025 <ok>