1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Sky Sports News:
    WATFORD AGREE GIBBS FEE

Watford have agreed a fee with Arsenal for defender Kieran Gibbs, according to Sky sources.

However, Sky Sports News understands there is still plenty of work to do, with the player yet to agree personal terms.

Gibbs is understood to be keen to play under Marco Silva at Vicarage Road.

The 27-year-old, capped 10 times by England, has entered the final year of his contract at the Emirates.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Yeah - For me the Ox looks like he finally found his position (as a WingBack) - Apparently he is unhappy to play there though.
    In six Seasons the Ox has very few goals and only 1 MOTM display. Does he really deserve 200k+ a week?
    As a WF I think Iwobi is a FAR more talented prospect.

Mustafi is another short pseudo CB. With Monreal getting games it makes me wonder why we are even playing a back three when Wenger obviously has an issue with real genuine centre backs.
    Our defence is small and easy to bully in a league that allows soo much physicality. We could do with a powerhouse like Van Dijk thats for sure.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I'm still struggling to workout how Oxo is in so much demand? He is certainly a good player but he has rarely delivered on a consistent basis to warrant a wage of over £100k a week or a move to a top club. I think it's more down to football going absolutely nuts with over hype and money.

He really isn't a key player for us but with so many players leaving so late in the window, this isn't good business or footballing strategy by the management. Unless we have proper replacements in place, this could have a detrimental and unsettling effect to our season.

4. lazarus20000

This is biggest problem right here. Watford matching his wages will be the biggest stumbling block. I'm not sure about their wage structure is but i can't see many of their players being paid around the £60k a week mark, which is what a lot of our players are being paid at a minimum.

5. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I think part of it is down to his versatility and the fact he will improve any team's homegrown quota. But to be honest, Chamberlain has the raw ability to be a very good player for any team. He's powerful, quick, he can distribute the ball well, accurate crosser of the ball, isn't afraid to do the dirty work, good dribbler and has a good shot on him. He needs to work on his decision-making and the tactical side of his game a lot more, but you can bet your bottom dollar that under Klopp or Conte, he will be a vital component to their team.

He's not fulfilled his potential at Arsenal, but he could very much do so in a different environment. Ox has just turned 24. Time isn't exactly against him.

6. lazarus20000

Only time will tell, so far he hasn't shown that he is quite up to the mark yet. The only English player we had that went onto a top player/world class was Ashley Cole (modern era of PL).

7. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Does anyone think we will bring in anymore players before Thursday?

Predictions:

Out:
    Sanchez to city
    Chamberlain to Chelsea
    Mustafi to some Italian side

I think this is what wenger was talking about when he said there were "reasons we did not play well" against pool but "did not want to discuss them"; I think he has come to terms with the fact that some players don't want to play for us anymore and we cannot actually hang on to them.

In:
    Mahrez

I think we'll end up getting him as a panic buy to 'replace' Alexis. I could see us trying to get van dijk but failing. We might bring in another player on loan at that point to replace ox a la yossi benayoun / Kim kallstrom.

Anyone genuinely think we can get another top signing?

8. lazarus20000

What is wrong with our club? After all the fiasco of last season and the huge amounts of negativity from the fans, you'd think they would buck up their ideas and have a productive summer. Now we're potentially running into a big problem with players leaving and demotivated individuals.

I want to concentrate on just the football but these things are getting in the way again. It could be a long season if things take a turn for the worse over the next few days in the transfer window.

winifred122 likes this.
  9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Isn't it telling that Ozil isn't linked with anyone! Why is that, it's because he has turned to ****. He was awful again, and TBH he needs to go as no way is he worth a pay rise to stay.
    As TH says why would Sanchez stay, he clearly wants out and what's the point of keeping him against his will. If our board had any balls they should demand Aguerro in exchange from City but why would he come.
    Ox can go as he is ****e more often than he is good.
    Mustafi - why ain't he playing, does he also want the go.
    There is only one person to blame for all of this, Wenger.

Had enough already.

Wenger Out

Quilllogic and TheBear like this.
  10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It's a ****ing shambles. We were promised 'Radical change' by Gazidis and what have we got ? More of the same old ****. We were promised big changes in the back room staff and yesterday we saw again that it was the same people sending out unmotivated and unfocused players.

This summer was an opportunity to at least try and put some things right and get the fans excited and on board again, and we've seen the same old ****e yet again

11. lazarus20000

The management/Board clearly isn't doing it's job and it smacks of complacency and laziness. We need more footballing people in charge and not just business men. A "Wenger will do everything" approach is no longer working, don't they bloody know this? Things have changed so much since the early days of the PL and even the likes of Fergie would struggle to maintain success.

All the promises they made were rubbish, they didn't change anything or intend to change anything but they banked on Wenger to save the day as usual.

I'm hoping that this is just a blip and we'll bounce back, we usually do. But there will come a time when we won't and i hope it doesn't come to this, otherwise this season could be the most uncomfortable to date.

winifred122 likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed. It's a ****ing depressing state of affairs at Arsenal at the moment.

Wenger hinted at some unrest yesterday in his post match interview. He said that there was a reason behind why we were so mentally unprepared etc and that he couldn't go into it too much. Wonder if it's players agitating for a move ? If that is the case then ****ing get rid of them and get some players in who are proud to wear the shirt.

13. lazarus20000

The Ramsey and Oxo incident highlighted this the most. Ramsey remonstrating with Oxo and the bench about something which led to a goal. Sanchez looking dejected and the rest looking like headless chickens. Something is off in the dressing room and the transfer window closing won't help.

14. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

The one big change that was needed, did not happen. That fragile old Frenchmen is still our manager and is still ****ing things up, at Arsenal he is the boss on and off the field, he is responsible for everything, I would say that we only have two more years of this ****, but Wenger might sign another ****ing extension, the man is scared ****less of life after Arsenal, this club can't move forward until he goes.

Quilllogic and PINKIE like this.
  15. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Probably will stay now, Monreal will be used as a CB with Mustafi ****ing off. Gibbs will be at Arsenal until the end of time.

16. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Will be interesting if Liverpool buy Lemar after Wenger claimed he wasn't for sale..

cini65 likes this.
  17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Oxlade gone. Good riddance.

18. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Shows what a **** state we're in now though when even our mediocre players want out

19. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

They've had two bids rejected already, both higher than what you offered. If he does go, it'll be a case of "wasn't for sale...at our asking price".

gooner4ever likes this.
  20. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

You have far worse players than him getting regular game time.