1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. saintPort&Ginger

What were you hoping/expecting to see? I wasn't expecting any big drama, tbh. Though I could be wrong, obviously.

2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I have a feeling it'll be just one in beside this kid. Gomez covers one full back and Hoever the other with Milner.

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

4. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I expect maybe 1 or 2 first team signings this summer.

Doesn't seem to be a rush to put some out on loan this year either. So looks like we're going to trust them to act as cover meaning we don't really need to sign.

Who would we replace in the first team? Although a bit of competition couldn't hurt.

5. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

6. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Van den berg interview

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Its a ridiculous amount for a striker who has had 1 year and done it in the Portuguese league.

However if theres a team who can fashion decent strikers its atletico madrid

8. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for at least 3 signings RB, lb, and forward.

We had a very good season last season and we where very lucky with injuries, but at times we where running on empty and where forced to play midfielders in defence as we had no one else available.

Competition is also a must, there was a few occurrences last season when I thought the front three could do with a rest or a shake up, but we just don't have the personnel to be able to do it.

Even the most dedicated professional has off days, added to the fact they can play **** knowing they wont be dropped and it's a recipe for disaster.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  9. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I think we may be seeing some of the youngsters being brought through. We've got a very talented bunch chomping at the bit. I'd like to see a couple of signings just so I feel a bit calmer in case of injuries.

Klopp seems to know what he's doing for all our anxiety about new faces coming in. He's just not the type to rest on his laurels. He'll be after the right player at the right price.

10. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

Which is all true no doubt but I wonder what happens if say Robertson has a career threatening injury after the transfer window closes and can't play in 2019/20? Not to have backup is crazy.

Solid Alboland likes this.

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Completely agree. We were quite lucky with injuries to key players last season.

We should strike while our stock is so high.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

13. johnsonsbaby

I think the backup in that scenario is our very own work horse Milner or one of the youngsters, switching players around in the process. It's why Klopp likes his players to be versatile so we have cover for say 4 positions in half as many players. If we all reckon we need at least 3 players, Klopp will reckon on one very good player and maybe one interchangeable.

14. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

I have a lot of time for Milner but would not be comfortable with him and/or one of the youngsters having to play 20 games at left back.

15. johnsonsbaby

I hear what you're saying. If money and FFP were no object I'd like 5 new players- LB, RB, CB, a creative CM and a forward just for the luxury of it. I try and resist saying backup because that sounds like second rate quality and I'd like similar quality to what we already have.

16. THE FOOL

I can't for the life of me see how ffp can have any effect on us, we've only really splashed out in one window. The rest you can see the money came from transfers out.

Plus we've just made what can only be described as a **** load of money from the prem and europe.

Add on all the commercial deals and we are sitting pretty.

17. THE FOOL

I resisted the option of a new cm. It may be a misplaced hope, but rather than creative as such we need a midfielder who is comfortable joining the attack, will burst through the lines.

Wini has it in his locker, but only in fits and burst. Keita, is a hope to be that player. The big question is can ox come back in and carry on from the form he shown before his injury.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  18. johnsonsbaby

Let's face it, we just want the young Alonso back :)

.... and Mascherano

jenners04, Diego and THE FOOL like this.
  19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Benfica say they are ‘considering’ a huge £112.9m bid for Joao Felix submitted by Atletico Madrid which highlights the world-class recruitment that Liverpool have showcased in recent years.
    The Liga Nos outfit made a statement on the Portuguese stock market that they are considering selling their most valuable asset to Atletico Madrid for €126m (£112.9m), the BBC reports
    Liverpool are ready to meet with the agent of Bruno Fernandes to discuss an improved offer for the Sporting Lisbon midfielder, according to Correio da Manha.

20. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Considering is an odd word. Its above his release clause so they have to accept if a bid has been made