1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Downing for LB cover?

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Could have been worse, he could have gone for Woy...

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I thought I'd at least stick one in. Keita is 26. Seriously time to.move that on.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

In an effort to think about who might play for us in 2024 ignoring transfers when klopp swans off (if he stays that long)

Alisson: 31 (still ok)
    Williams 23
    Robertson 30
    Gomez 26 (turning 24 on the 23rd of this month)
    Van Dijk 32
    Fabinho 30
    TRENT 25 (RCM)
    Jones 23

jota 27
    Salah 31
    Elliott 21

when you put it this way I suppose its not awful lol.

you'd assume some frward will arrive i nthe next 3 years and all that stuff but just thought it'd be interesting to see what might happen.

Nozzer likes this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

20210518_083329.jpg

6. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Harry Kane is a world class player. However I would like us to stick with our usual attacking profile - mid 20's, fast, direct, gets into the box, can play wide or centrally.

We have shown over the past few years that we don't need to have an out and out number 9. And even City showed that this year.

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not happening and don't want him but...

Can you imagine if we signed him? Salah would pass less to him than he does Mane!

8. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

I see the echo have started with Van Dijk coming back to be like a new signing. I'm sure that's what FSG will want us to think, even though it just puts us back to square one.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

in reality kane is stabbing spurs in the back for a few medals. I'd be more interested in picking up the scraps like werner and havertz who will be thrown out of cheslea if they get him.

All thats happening here is an oil club gets stronger and an ex top 6 side is about to implode under debt.

Arsneal and spurs are in chaos now. but with leicester on the rise there no easy route to top 4 next year. Everton, west ham, leeds, leicester.

the prem is improving lots of "big" clubs coming on so its not a top 6 its a top 4 we would like to say we are in plus 6 very strong clubs with others like villa wanting to be at the party too.

and peopel were saying it was a 2 horse race and uncompetitive just cos a couple teams went and won a couple titles with massive points.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

thats bullshit stuff and should have the fans rioting inside anfield, but then we are not like the mancs who go too far.

11. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Considering square one was champions, its not a bad place to start

saintKlopp, Zanjinho and johnsonsbaby like this.
  12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If square is winning the PL, I'll take it...

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

He's not. He shouldn't have renewed his contract last time, he's given (wasted) most of his career to them. He owes them nothing and I can understand him wanting to move on and fulfill his ambition. Now, if he were to join Arsenal...

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

FFS

saintKlopp and organic red like this.
  15. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah but he's blood runs white doesn't it? one club man etc etc etc.

I agree however that standing back and totally ignoring the club dynamic that him moving makes perfect sense but then again whats the difference between saint harry stabbing spurs i nthe back to move to a super club and the super clubs wanting a big exclusive club? not much really.

Kane has done well for spurs and himself but has also made a lot of money out of spurs and all of that so in the end it is IMO a culture thing for us. In england woe betide any player daring to be disloyal but in germany they are virtually employees. On the other hand fans can own clubs in germany but we have no connection (nor ever had) between ownership and support. We've seen so many german players so contract stuff yet every time it happens in the UK its disloyal. Can for example. He ran down his deal with us but did the same before joining us, nothing personal. He gave 5 years commitment and if we wanted to pay 10million to get him straight away that was our business.

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Unlike the real England captain, Kane has been unable to lead his team (Spurs) to any trophies. I think he lacks the killer instinct and team ethos. He's too self centred. As G rightly says, he's given Spurs a fair go and should have left last summer. The timing of the announcement is a bit off though.

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Roy Hodgson to leave Crystal Palace at the end of the season. Away to Liverpool is going to be his last game

18. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Both the CL final and this years LC final Kane was injured in the weeks before, yet he was able to declare himself 'fit' to start. In both finals he barely moved, looked way off and ended up being a passenger (essentially costing Spurs any chance of winning as they were effectively playing with 10).

Self Centred is right. I know footballers always want to play (more so for finals) but there comes a point where you have to accept you'd be doing more damage if injured. Frankly in both cases he could have started from the bench and still come on to play a part in a the game.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

He's a forward, like lineker he should never never have been made england captain. Forwards are too detached from the organisation of the team and should be focused on being greedy.

I don't think kane has been team focused and i think several managers have played him half fit. I doubt poch and mourinho picked him cos he forced them to honestly. After that kane has to score, its not about spurs winning so much as kane scoring.

He should never ever have started for spurs in the CL final.

Maybe as neutrals or more continentals the club is more than any employee who wears a shirt but we are a nation of badge kissers and people do get offended when a star goes. Kane and alli and others were happy to sing long deals to get money as was modric and bale before them. Levy got all the money for each of them and will do the same again now.

It should be a lesson to these players. In some ways our treatment of sterling was poor as he was at least saying he wanted to move but his antics on the pitch were disgraceful at times imo so thats why he gets it. Kane and alli signed 5 and 6 year deals on the expectation of getting another bumper deal but they have reached the end of the raod in wages and are stuck.

alli in particular has completely ****ed his career to the point of not even being mentioned for england which mount and grealish etc all well ahead of him.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  20. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how it plays out. Can't see anyone being willing/able to match the value Spurs will want.
    They're going to want £100m+, there are only three clubs that can afford that this summer. Can count Real and Barca out as both are cash strapped (hence why they are still pushing the ESL)
    Leaves PSG, Citeh, Chelsea and Man U.

Can't see Citeh breaking their £65m pricing policy for a player Pep has already said he's not that interested in.
    Man U, maybe, but it seems they're after others that could take up most of the budget.
    PSG, again maybe. But can't see Kane being that bothered about France.
    Chelsea, its Chelsea, are Spurs going to sell him to Chelsea?

The other problem will be Haaland and Sancho. Both younger for what will be a similar price. Who looks better value for money, its not Kane.

Last edited: May 18, 2021