1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

So when the chavs get their 4 transfer window ban, surely that must annul their buy back, as enforcing it would be restrictive practice, I.e. against EU Law

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Did anybody see that Foyth won the MOTM award from the Argentina vs Mexico game?

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah, mate. Think HBIC mentioned it in the international thread.

MOTM against West Ham, first goal against Palace and MOTM on his international debut... fair to say he’s had a good couple weeks! He’s come alive at a time we’ve really needed him too as well what with Jan being injured and Toby/ Dave being fatigued in stages.

4. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I'm trying to recall if Barca got around their transfer ban buy activating buyback clauses, as technically they were in place before their ban. I'm sure somebody tried it, and funnily enough Barca were the team that sprang to mind...

5. humanbeingincroydon

General Central Midfielder Watch
    We're once again being linked with Sander Berge, with a £15m fee being mooted

We're also once again being linked with Declan Rice, and given his contract expires in six months I can't wait to see Karrunt Brady's column on this...

Pull The Other One Watch
    CalcioMercato reporter Nico Schira has claimed on his Twitter profile that Sampdoria are preparing to auction off Joachim Andersen for €30m. This is the same Joachim Andersen who signed a four-year contract extension less than two weeks ago...

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Berge is a really good prospect, I mentioned a week or two back he'd be a good wildcard option if more expensive targets can't be got. Reminds me somewhat of a raw version of Milinkovic-Savic; tall, strong but also technically gifted which you don't often get in big players.

Rice is another I've mentioned. Still very young and on crap wages at West Ham, **** knows why they've not given him the supposed £40k he wants when he's arguably been their best player this season.

As for Andersen, never heard of him.

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

He lacks seasoning...although he has 2 nations

SpursDisciple and Dier Hard like this.
  8. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

please log in to view this image

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

I would be concerned about his knees. He's built a lot like Tom Huddlestone and following his knee problems and those of myriad other 'big build' Spurs midfield players whose careers have faded too early, that would worry me. He looks a talent though.

10. humanbeingincroydon

Berge was linked with us in the last day or two of the summer window, which naturally met with derision from the Twitterati as he isn't a Brazilian prodigy that Barca were happy to sell to us without even inserting a buyback clause, and at the time I recall saying that I liked how direct his game is: he doesn't dawdle when in possession as he looks to either make the pass or create space before offloading the ball, while in defence he's got the tenacity to close down opponents with the strength to simply bully opponents off the ball without having to make a tackle - although it;s worth pointing out this sounds a lot like Wilmar Barrios.

Andersen, meanwhile, is a 22-year old Danish centre back whose been earning rave reviews for Sampdoria this season, and he certainly plays like a Poch centre back as he can play out from the back like both Verts and Foyth coupled with smart passing

11. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

He's only 20, so you'd like to think he's at least got 4 or 5 years before his knees may go all trembly.

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

upload_2018-11-20_12-19-25.jpeg

Dier Hard likes this.
  13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Judging from the little I've seen of both, I'd say Berge is a bit more forward thinking and technical. Barrios reminds me a little of Kante (wasn't he even called the Colombian Kante?), an engine with bite but generally lays off more simpler passes to those with better vision/ range. Was really impressed with Barrios the other day in the first leg of the cup final, especially the first half, made a blinding tackle where he chased back from about 25-30 yards. Think he'd fit in well here and if Big Vic really is done, it's an ideal replacement.

Ah right, CB isn't a huge priority for me this January, especially now that Foyth is beginning to develop nicely. Although depending on Toby, it may be worth trying some sort of deal that'd see Anderson join in the summer, if Sampdoria are really willing to sell.

14. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Are their any rumours/theories about Toby's future that anyone is seeing? Will he sign a new contract?

15. humanbeingincroydon

The only rumours doing the rounds involve the terms "cut-price", "January" and "Steptonho"

16. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Weird cause he seems to be so entrenched in the team, celebrating as wildly as anyone. He looks happy to me. Now how that holds against the difference between £130k pw and £170k pw I don't know.

17. humanbeingincroydon

Kyle Walker was making a public show of how much he loved the team, even though behind the scenes he was acting like a conniving prick

18. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Not sure about that. Towards the end Walker removed any mention of Spurs from his Twitter account, changed the picture from him in a Spurs shirt to an England one and was generally very quiet at the end. Alderweireld "seems" on-board.

19. humanbeingincroydon

Tielemans Watch
    Okay, okay, the source is the Daily Star so a whole handful of salt is the minimal requirement for this one, but they are suggesting that Monaco will be listening to bids of £25m for Tielemans in January

On a completely unrelated subject, I've set up the following page: https://www.gofundme.com/can-spurs-sign-tielmans-ffs

LockStock and Dier Hard like this.
  20. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

<laugh>

The HBIC-Tielemans crusade continues, year 3!