1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Right, I needed a burlap sack, some rope, a van, and four burly blokes to put him in a sack, tie it up, chuck him in a van and get him to Spurs Lodge...

KingHotspur likes this.
  2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I saw a tweet last night that said:

“We may get more money for KWP than we do for Eriksen”.

In response to rumours of us wanting £15m for KWP whilst it looks like Eriksen will go for around £12m-£13m. What a time to be alive <laugh>

3. humanbeingincroydon

The latest version for Eriksen is £11m up front with two unspecified bonuses

4. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

£28million for both, that buys the Polish striker from Milan.

If the club want him, then get it done ASAP

Lovearsenalcock and Dier Hard like this.
  5. humanbeingincroydon

Time of the Month Watch
    As expected, once again Gareth Bale is being linked with us, this time with El Chiringuito doing the linking because, presumably, they're the only source that hasn't linked him with us at some point in the last three years

Striker Watch
    90mins have reported that Dortmund have been ever so king in offering us use of Paco Alcacer for the remainder of the season, supposedly because due to a combination of injury and the recent signing of Erling Braut Haaland he's not guaranteed regular football to regain his sharpness. Does it say a lot that my initial response was to check he didn't break his leg over the weekend?

FootMercato, meanwhile, are linking us with Inter striker Gabriel "Gabigol" Barbosa, highlighting the £21m asking price they've slapped on him - although it's worth saying that Barbosa has 18 months left on his Inter contract and has played the grand total of ten games for them since signing with them in 2016, and the value is being inflated by his successful loan at Flamengo last year

Elsewhere, El Diario Vasco have linked us with Real Sociedad striker Willian Jose while swearing blind they didn't get the wrong end of the stick when they saw us linked with William last week, although Sociedad's stance mainly involves pointing at the €75m release clause in his contract, sort of like this...

please log in to view this image

6. KingHotspur

Sky Sports

Another manager conference, another shut out on transfer news, with Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho giving nothing away on a potential exit for Christian Eriksen.

He said: "For us, we are very poor on news for two reasons. One, we are not buying a player every day and second because I am the kind of guy that refuses to speak about players from other clubs so any name you can throw at me, I will always say that player belongs to club A, B or C.

"In relation to Christian… he is selected for tomorrow. He will play tomorrow.

"[On a potential link to PSG striker Edinson Cavani] I have a very good relation with Mr Nasser and Mr Araujo, and I want to keep that relation. Good relations are based on respect and I’m not going to speak about players from Paris Saint-Germain.

"Unless, as my friends, they could send [Kylian] Mbappe on loan. More than that, I have nothing to say!"

7. humanbeingincroydon

Postage Stamp Watch
    The Torygraph report that Newcastle have made a loan offer for Danny Rose. Hopefully it's explained to him that he'll be headed to St James Park either by private jet or feet first...

Olmo Watch
    Remember a couple of weeks ago where we were told Dani Olmo was on his way to Barca? Yeah, people noticed he's still at Dinamo Zagreb, and Croatiain source of questionable reliability Sportske (whose URL is a nightmare to try and type...) have remembered we were linked with him in the summer so that means we're obviously keen to sign him now

8. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Bookies have suspended betting on Bale returning to Spurs, bookies are seldom wrong.

9. humanbeingincroydon

One random headline: Bayern have reportedly told Thiago that he's free to leave if an offer comes in for him this month, as he's got 18 months left on his contract

While the obvious issue is his wages, as he's on £200k a week at Bayern and those won't be budging considering he's still in his prime and part of the Spain squad, a loan bid might not be the worst idea in the world considering how often we lose possession through midfield with misplaced passes when anyone other than Ndombele is on the pitch

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  10. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Now, just how are we going to afford his wages, as well as Bale's?

<laugh>

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    remembercolinlee likes this.

11. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

We can dream!

12. humanbeingincroydon

Fine Danny Rose £150k a week for every stone overweight he is?

13. KingHotspur

Bale and Thiago :1980_boogie_down:

Never gonna happen but yes please

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have they, though? I've read it's being reported that way, but it looks like you can still bet on it.
    It's almost as if they've planted the story to encourage bets that they know won't win...

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Although Bale is the type/ calibre of player I expect Jose to be able to attract, I just can’t see that particular move happening.

16. KingHotspur

Sky love doing that. Sky sports news report it then the odds tumble on skybet and then nothing happens

17. humanbeingincroydon

Soumare Watch
    ...you'd almost forgotten about him, hadn't you?

L'Equipe report that we have made a bid for him, although due to popups demanding I disable my AdBlocker I couldn't see what the supposed bid was worth

Scout Watch
    CalcioMercato report that we had scouts in Turin at the weekend watching Juve's game with Parma, with the assumption being that we were having a look at Federico Bernardeschi and...

No...

NO...

I absolutely refuse...

Anything but yet another round of Adrien Rabiot bullshit

Recall the ****ing scouts immediately!

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Leicester City and Algeria striker Islam Slimani does not have a recall clause in his loan at Monaco, making it more difficult for Tottenham to move for the 31-year-old in January. (Leicester Mercury)

<diva>

19. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

If it was always horseshit...
    Journalists talk Translates to "we been caught out makkng **** up so we have concocted more bollocks to get out of it."

If it were true ...
    Levy talk translates to "we'll have s fecking riot on our hands if thos goes through...think of the micro brewery for gods sake"

20. humanbeingincroydon

As I said a few days ago, it made no sense from Leicester's standpoint: he's upping his value at Monaco, and as he's got 18 months on his contract there's no logical reason to risk his value dropping