1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer thread Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 13, 2015.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

FFS who's going to want that lot of has-beens (or in Barton's case 'never-been') <laugh>

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

3. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

Dorrans signs two-year deal

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but somewhat out of left-field we've been linked with a winger called Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...val-celtic-for-nec-nijmegen-winger-alireza-j/

He seems to play predominantly on the right, but also on the left. Celtic have been linked with him since March at least.

I know we've been looking at Holland recently, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. He certainly has a stellar record in the second tier of Dutch football, but whether that would be enough to make the step up, I don't know.

Given he's valued on transfermarkt at £1.1m and his contract seems to have a year left, we could well get him for perhaps around £2m or so.

DHCanary and RiverEndRick like this.
  5. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

I would love it if R V Wolfswinkel gets a 2nd chance next season.
    If Bassong can return then anything is possible.<cheers>

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not to mention turning Whittaker from the 'boo' boys whipping post every week into a virtual MOTM contender in a few games. <ok>
    As impressive as the Bassong turnaround, I think, as all that took was just intelligent (sorry, Adams) man management.

Canary Rob likes this.
  7. carrow_luke

carrow_luke Member

DHCanary likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not worth a new thread, but a radio interview with Michael Bailey on this podcast.
    Excellent work by Bailey <ok>
    It's fairly early on, about 5/6 minutes in.

He thinks we'll be looking for a CB, CM, wide man and striker - minimum.
    He also refers to "Hughton's neg..........cautious approach <laugh>
    He speaks so much sense, without the buffoonery that seems to prevail on the MustardTV '3upfront' show.

http://www.acast.com/wearegoingup/episode157-norwichbounceback?autoplay

9. RiverEndRick

Interesting. Could be just a rumour, but I think we should sign him just to give Chris Goreham a challenge for his match commentaries. Pretty amazing that he's been capped 15 times for the Iran national team by the age of 21.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alireza_Jahanbakhsh

10. theyellowfever

theyellowfever Active Member

I see Dorrans has manged to get signed up, surprised at this as hes had a mixed time here since joining on loan, made quite a few booboo's as well as a few good games. AN sees something in him not sure i do so much though but i guess keeping the core of the team together is a better idea than to many new faces, i think thats where a lot of teams go wrong when they get promoted to many changes in a short space of time.

11. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

We are in great position in that we don't need to go chasing players with "premiership" experience as ten of those who started on Monday played for us in the top flight last year, and the other one Jerome has played virtually all his career in there.

12. SUPERNORWICH 23

Has Yaya signed yet ?.

13. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

As expected the deadwood are being let go

14. RiverEndRick

In fact, 17 out of our current 23 senior players have considerable PL experience. Interesting that Turner was not included in this list.

15. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Turner's contracted until summer 2016, I think those released are only those whose contracts have expired.

I'm sure we're trying to offload plenty more by way of transfer or loan. I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at offloading Turner (who'd be a decent backup but I get the impression he prefers to play), O'Neil, Andreu and possibly the Bennetts.

16. SUPERNORWICH 23

Tony (the new Fabregas) Andreu and the Belgian were odd appointments that could come good.

17. RiverEndRick

With Dorrans signing, I think O'Neil may move on, but I'm not so sure about "Andreu and possibly the Bennetts". Andreu offers different options and I don't think that AN would sign him and then chuck him just like that. Elliot Bennett can play on either flank with good defensive abilities when tracking back to cover the FBs. He can also cover at RB, as he showed very effectively against Fulham. Ryan Bennett is still young for a CB, but has proven to be effective in his time in the PL

18. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surprised McFadden has been let go, in his solitary first team appearance, I thought he looked very assured, albeit against league 2 opposition. Would have thought he was worth another season, but I'm sure the club knows best.

Thank god we've finally got Becchio's wages off our books!

Dorrans signing permanently is hardly surprising, not sure what to make of it really, I guess it's solid depth without a huge price tag or the worry he won't fit in with the squad or league.

The Iranian winger? For a couple of million he sounds like he could be a risk worth taking. Plenty young enough to have resale value even if he flops. Probably like Redmond in that we'd have to be patient with him to begin with, but his versatility and apparent goalscoring ability behind a striker could be useful.

19. RiverEndRick

That was my feeling as well DH. We'll have to wait and see if there's any truth to the rumour, but the source is reasonably reliable.

20. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

If we are getting 5 /6 in I'd guess 2 sided midfielders, a CB, RB and probably 2 strikers.

To go E Bennett, Lafferty, Miquel, Morris, O Neill, Andreu, Turner, Wolfswinkel, Grabban. I have a sneaky feeling Hoolahan may be the surprise release.

I love midfielders but we have way to many. Our entire squad is a little bloated all over so I think quite a few will leave even to accomodate a few.