1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tucker the To$$er strikes again

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Jun 19, 2014.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/.../cardiff-city-fixtures-revealed-tough-7287110

Totally negative rubbish as usual from this amateur journo.

Nothing positive like we still retain many of the squad who got us promotion or the attacking prowess of most of our new signings.

Just adverse crap at a time when we should all be encouraging OGS and his team to get a flying start.

By the way, I said Tucker the To$$er, I could have said Tucker the Ugly Fu(ker after seeing his photo.

Everyone has a right to be ugly but, sure as hell, he abuses the privilege.

2. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Load of old tosh, stopped buying the Echo many moons ago.

3. BluefromBridgend

I never buy it but I usually have a look at their website as occasionally there is something of value - unlike this crap.

4. whiffletree

whiffletree Well-Known Member

The gist of what he's saying is true, though - if we're not top five by October/November then surely its' bye bye Ole.

5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ole will be there until the New year at least unless there is an unmitigated disaster and we're in the bottom half dozen by then.

Ole is Tan's man - Mackay was not, and that will make a huge difference. Tan felt he was railroaded into accepting Mackay on other people's judgement, whereas Ole's potential failure will reflect heavily on Tan's judgement if it happens.

If we're not top 6 by Christmas but somewhere near, I reckon Tan will fund additional acquisitions in the Jan window to try and get there. He'll stick with him this season and then look at it.

6. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Good news don't sell newspapers.

Him and Nathan Blake make their money by doom and gloom.

7. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

agree with sparkey. because of his reputation and what he's achieved in the game, plus being tans appointment, he'll get longer than a run of the mill championship manager would have had.

as for tucker, its just speculation based on speculation, i don't see the point of that article.

8. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Dave is right local press dont see their role us being supportive but to print headlines that will get attention.

Having said that I guess the thrust of his article is correct which is if you have a bad 1st half of the season then OGS's job is at risk but thats hardly rocket science and the same applies to Garry Monk

9. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

its a media thing..........them and negative energy go hand in hand.

also never bought the echo since the day it had a rogues gallery of so called football hooligans(Cardiff city fans)>>>>>>>>>>what a lot of people wouldn't know was a lot of the evidence given by the echo was old photo`s used against the defendants on a previous case>>>>>>myself and many others got tucked up good and proper by the so called media........fk me during that case some who were said 2 be at the game where out of the country at the time twas a fking complete and utter joke.

it also shows what a fking corrupt police and court system we have in place in this fking shi.te pit we live in....but that's another story <laugh>......together we stand for our liberties until our dying days

10. whiffletree

....and about 90% of premier managers

11. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Have to agree. The article just impresses upon all how difficult next season is going to be. City need strong managing. Tucker is somewhat negative and writing off Ole but that is what he is paid for, an opinion.

12. BluefromBridgend

Surely as a locally published paper they should be doing their utmost to promote a positive attitude? They would probably sell more copy that way rather than alienate people.

Perhaps I'm just naive?

He's still a smug looking ugly fu(ker though. Clearly belted with the ugly stick at birth.

13. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Pointless page filler.....what he said was that every month will be a key one!

14. whiffletree

blue/aber/glam etc. - the role of the press isn't to be supportive - its to tell it as they see it - and thats' what this article does - the guys expressing his opinion - just as you & me do on here. If you agree...fine, if not then thats fine as well.

suggesting he be more positive could suggest bias.

btw this isn't having a go at any one, just I don't quite 'get' the hostility to the press - after all isn't freedom of the press one of the basics of a democracy?

15. BluefromBridgend

Whiffle - have to disagree with you there. The local press should be supportive of local enterprise, including our football club.

WoL, and in particular Tucker the Ugly Fu(ker, seems to glory in putting down anything regarding City. Maybe they don't want to show a positive bias (but why not???) but being negative as this idiot frequently is does nothing to help the cause and as many have said on here they have stopped buying the Western Mail and Echo because of that.

On the other hand, another of their reporters, Rob Phillips, often presents a much more balanced picture. Not always negative but also portrays the positive.

I think Tucker might have been banned from CCS by Dave Jones in the past and he clearly bears a long term grudge. As a result he only sees the negative. That is not fair and balanced reporting.

16. aberdude

whiffle no offence brother but im assuming lying is what we deserve with the free and open press then....I prefer the truth tbh.

the people of Liverpool had theyre kids and families names dragged through the mud by this so called honest and open media......they make me puke and have no real place in a modern society until they get theyre house in order

17. DaiJones

Let's be honest, would any one on here go out for a pint will Tucker ?

18. aberdude

dai I`d rather squeeze myself into a microwave and roast myself on full power than go for a pint with sucker tucker :D

19. DaiJones

I'll take that as a no then.

20. BluefromBridgend

Seconded!!!!