1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Two Toon Players 'Not Well At All' With Covid

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55322881

Apparently two of our players who have Covid are really suffering from it. Obviously I wish them well and hope that they pull through fine - which they are likely to do as two young, fit men, but this could potentially have implications on our squad for a long time.

I can't find the article I read last month, so can't remember any of the important details, but I did read that a British Olympic Athlete caught Covid in the spring, recovered from the virus and tested negative weeks later, but is still not back in training due to the damage to his/her lungs.

No idea which two players it is, but really hope they don't end up going down the same road.

Flash likes this.
  2. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Let me guess schar and max... I predict January sales

Rafman likes this.
  3. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Please be Lascelles

LiamO, Sheikh_of_Araby and Munson. like this.
  4. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

It's the only thing that'll stop Bruce putting him in... Even after clean sheets he puts that ****er back in... He's absolutely useless I'm with you on this one... Watched him closely for a while now bd he's all I've the place creating problems

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Wouldn’t wish Covid on anyone. It’s ****ed my best mate up and he’s a paramedic so hard as nails.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Yawn I hope they recover and I’m sure they will.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I was going to say stop being a ****......

....but I wouldn't wish you dead mate!

8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

But you said last week...???

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sorry I just see this as more managerial excuses. I don't think for a second these ****s wouldn't use it either. I wish them well as I would anyone with flu, cancer, or any other form of illness. Its the whole drama people and the media attach to COVID, its pathetic.

Its nothing compared to the best I've seen last night. I was flicking across programmes looking for something to watch on Sky. One was called The Bridge which appeared to be about a selection of normal folk trying to build a 850ft bridge in certain number of days. Sounded ****. But in the description it said something along the lines of:

"10 contestants, one of them a COVID survivor, come together to attempt to build a 850ft bridge in 10 days"

I couldn't stop laughing. "COVID Survivor" - anyone who attaches that to themselves is getting told they are a wet wipe **** and to be honest, wants put down really because they are of no use to this planet. I suppose I could start affixing things like "flu survivor" or "kidney stone survivor" to myself?

People really need to get a ****ing grip talking about it like ****ing cancer or the ****ing holocaust <laugh><laugh><laugh>

JakartaToon likes this.