1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I doubt we'll get Varane - not since Ramos has gone to PSG, he's just playing the game to get a better deal from RM - they can't afford to lose both defenders.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That really will be fkery at that point. All I ever read about now is Varane. So long as there is a solid plan B.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Err kind of, yes it does.

Says a lot about him to me actually. Played the whole two hours and then stood back to let two lads who hadn't had a kick take the penalties.

He's should have been at the front of the queue.

Add to this, I don't see him improving us much, if at all, his position isn't really a problem.

Plus, his two previous clubs.

Enough?

It's not happening.

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

My first post clearly states that this is not going to happen. There’s just no need for it. And you’re right, I personally don’t want a City player regardless of how good they are coming to United.

Having said that, what I pushed back on is the idea that Sterling is somehow “sht”. We may not want him in our team, but that shouldn’t blind us from the simple fact that he is one of the Top 10 performers in the league.

Penalty?! “What’s happened’s happened”

glazerfodder likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've been reading around a lot about clubs and transfers and United really should be making the most of the situation.

Most of the big clubs, including many in the Premier League and the top clubs in Spain and Italy, either haven't got a pot to piss in, and some are experiencing mid-table mediocrity - all looking for bargains. The big clubs who haven't got funds are focusing solely on swap deals or players in the final year of their contract.

United seem to be one of about 2/3 clubs in the market with money to spend and there are a whole load of players available - some where those very same big clubs need to get expensive players on big wages off the books.

We're in a good position, a buyer's market to a certain extent. Some of the clubs whose players we're interested in are trying to price up the players (even those in the final year of their contract) but United should be making it clear they have the luxury of an open market where they can go to anywhere at the moment. Three examples of this are Varane, Trippier and Camavinga and if we walk away they'll lose out more.

cytrax likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The Varane situation is dragging on too long. We need to get that wrapped up if he is indeed available to be sold by Real. Conversely on buyer's market point, we don't have many willing buyers to take Pogba other than PSG. I suspect that most of those clubs have never really been serious at having Pogba in their ranks even though his Agent has placed him on the market for several years, but with the bloated wages, no one wants to take the risk. Staying on the huge salary front, Bale is also heading back to Spain because the salary to take him on is too high. We have already seen Messi take a massive payout to stay in Barca.

While there are limited bids for players, Chelsea is allegedly the only one chasing Haarland. Kane is most likely going to stay at Spurs as only a mad man would pay what Levy wants. I think Arsenal are doing some good business, but overall, it has been a very quiet transfer window so far.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Agree with a lot of that.

Btw Barca also want Pogba but they don't have the money United want so are offering a nobody player + less money. It's a non-starter. The other problem for Barca is La Liga have ruled they need to show they're saving 4 times as much as they're spending on new players.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s beyond reprehensible that Barca and Real are having financial problems given how greedy they are with media rights by not equally sharing with the league. Those two are grossly mismanaged at the expense of everyone else.

9. glazerfodder

Sadly, it is quite likely that both will carry on as before and will get a trifling fine from La Liga at the end of he season - it's the Spanish way of dealing with problems like this because neither RM or Barca can bee seen to fail or be penalised to the point where they are not allowed to represent La Liga on the broader European stage.

10. glazerfodder

On another note, lots of paper speculation today that PSG might be interested in Pogba. Please let this be true, we cannot go through another season of uncertainty - either get him to commit to a new deal or get rid while we still can. We could use the money to make a double bid to Atletico Madrid for Tripper and Niguez and still save money on Pogba's wages.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Funny thing is if we have Sancho and buy Varane and maybe even a quality CM, then I reckon Pogba (and dare I say Martial) will shine. I just can't see them failing tbh. And what a starting 11 that'll be. For this reason I'd be hoping we keep Pogba.

If we don't there's speculation that we're interested in Ruben Neves, which obviously is a Portuguese midfield with Bruno. I've always rated him at Wolves, could he make the step up at United? Then there's Camavinga as well - not really as a defensive mf , more for his attacking. I can see why we're interested in him, his natural game generally is to link up with the wide players which suits Ole.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ok so further to my post yesterday, we're being linked with everyone... Varane, Camavinga, Griezman, Niguez, Goretzka, Joao Felix, Auoar <laugh>

I actually hope we are, might help us to play hardball on price as we have so many options.

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

More importantly than who's coming in, I would celebrate if we are able to get rid of Pogba before the season starts. Remove him from the picture and it opens up the midfield to new possibilities. With Sancho now in the team, we don't need to try and hold on to Pogba, while at the same time we would be able to get a solid player in to play in the holding area.

glazerfodder likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We've been hoping for Pogba for four years. Why not simply let him go to where the money is and move on? This is a great article on Pogba and the shenanigans called Riaola... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/ame...nsfer-rumoured/ar-AAMpf4S?ocid=BingNewsSearch

15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

If we ignore Riaola and look at Pogba last season, for the period before his injury him and Fernandes were really clicking together and we went on a great run with them two playing very well together. He can be a frustrating fcker at times but I genuinely think he wants to do well at United and given the right players around him he will perform. If I had the choice of that for at least another 12 months or £40m I couldn't really care about the money. Let's face it as a fan what does the money matter given it's the kind of amount we'd spunk on players like Van De Beek.

Diego likes this.
  16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

If we sell Pogba, he needs replacing.

So firstly, with who? Secondly, how much?

Why would we sell a player of that ability, makes no sense whatsoever?

Now, if he wants to leave then of course he can.

But I see no reason in getting rid, he's quite clearly one of our better players and Sancho isn't here to replace him ffs, he's there to supplement that.

Diego likes this.
  17. glazerfodder

So he can **** us over (again) and leave on a free - what are you drinking, get rid. He plays one good game in six, we need consistency and commitment - you don't get that from Pogba.

cytrax likes this.
  18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yes.

It's not my money.

Diego likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I really don't think either of those things are true tbh. I would also add that he brings out the best in Bruno. Look at Bruno's performances playing with Pogba against those without. I never bought into this thing about "tiredness", Bruno himself confirmed that. The dip in his form came exactly after Pogba was out injured.

It'll be hard to replace him. Better the (red) devil you know in this case.

Diego likes this.
  20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Pogba frustrates me because i know how good he is and often seems muted/un-interested.
    This is one thing i will put on Ole, you don't ask/tell a player like Pogba to play wide left and link with Shaw/Rashford, you don't tell him to "sit a little deeper" and spread the ball.
    A player like Pogba needs to be given the freedom to move where he can see spaces/weaknesses and use his talent to hurt teams.
    Did SAF ever tell Eric which part of the pitch to play in?

Treble likes this.