1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Legless Labrador

The lack of time for DvdB in the era of Pogba and McFred is criminal. The fact Man Utd are linked with Barcelona's de Jong is worse. DvdB was, in my opinion, better than de Jong at Ajax, despite the latter winning player of the year. De Jong's subsequent time at Barca has not changed my mind. He has been played more than DvdB and to less effect. Both have been underwhelming, although DvdB has had less chance to prove his worth. I'd take both former Ajax players into my team, but my preference would be for DvdB. Controversial, some might say. I do not.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I really hope that you don’t run out there buying players yet again. The ones that we have barely get games. Especially midfielders. That’s not what we need unless we are going to free up space in the squad first. But DvdB should not be sacrificed to another new player in my opinion. Amad is there as well and Mejrib should start sniffing for games too if Pogba leaves as expected.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So Martial wants to leave in January. I wanted to see whether Ralf could've improved him and made him more effective and happier at the club.

But if he wants to leave, then he can fck off with my blessing. His gripe is he's not getting enough game time. But if you're playing **** and always look like you'd rather be somewhere else than playing for the club then it's nobody's fault but your own.

Lingard and Pogba may very well leave at the end of the season.

Will we be looking to buy anyone in January? Ralf may be looking to strengthen the midfield and defence but he's said recently there's not a lot of quality out there in January.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's after some Mali player at Leipzig. Although ACoN could affect that.

Would essentially replace Pogba.

I'd be happy to see Pogba and Martial go in January.

Although maybe Pogba will go through one of his 'look at me, I'm really trying' spells and try to make a go of things under Rangnick.

Probably not though.

I expect Newcastle would be interested in Lingard but he'd be mad to go there if West Ham still an option.
    Mike Mouse joke of a club, regardless
    of how much money they have.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I like the idea that we're going for some lesser known player. And it's one of the advantages I'm hoping we'll see from having Ralf in charge.

It's correct that clubs won't be able to buy a well-known name in a January transfer window, but good managers/clubs are still able to route out good players that aren't established but can go on to be future greats.

And it's been a long time since we bought a Vidic or Evra in January.

I'll be genuinely enthusiastic by any purchase he makes atm.

6. Captainpancakes

Captainpancakes Well-Known Member

We'll take him

Treble likes this.
  7. Captainpancakes

1RG1.gif

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Martial has delusions of grandeur mate. He won't come to you.

Funny thing is, one of Real Madrid and Barcelona who both don't have a pot to piss in, will snap him up because he'll cost fck all... but he'll think it's because he's that good.

I guess the irony being that even though you're rich as fck, a waster like Martial will still pick a penniless RM and Barca. That's not a cuss btw, just the whole insane situation.

9. Captainpancakes

I expect us to buy for the championship in January tbh

Treble likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Loving Ralfs attitude to the club and players, imo this is a big shut up or **** off to Pogba and Martial.

However, the French World Cup winner is out of contract next summer and free to speak to other clubs in January.

"I wouldn't say he is not worth keeping but players need to want to stay and play for the club," said Rangnick.

"If a player doesn't want to play for a club like Manchester United, even in the long term, I don't think it makes sense to convince him to change his mind.

Bumps, cytrax and Christiansmith like this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I am enjoying Rangnick returning discipline and dignity into this great club. Fans have been venting for years with the way players are panhandled, in particularly Pogba! I had a big grin on my face reading those comments.

I also love how he stressed that when players are injured, they are staying in Manchester! With Pogba given the permission to head out to Dubai while the team grinds away in England perfectly illustrates how structurally broken the club had become. There was a time when injured players attended games while injured. But these days, they get first class flight to hot climate. No more!!

Bumps, Diego and Christiansmith like this.
  12. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Reaffirming the basic principles which seemed to have lapsed these last few years:

No player is bigger than the club. The players must know where the lines are drawn.The interest and reputation or image of the club comes first not that of the player.

Players who do not want to stay should be sold or loaned out. Or let go free as In pogba’s case.

No point in enticing a reluctant player (through wages or otherwise) to join the club either. Example: no point in trying to buy Haaland if he’s not keen to play for us.

cytrax likes this.
  13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Could work out for all parties.

Martial needs a new challenge and he needs to play regularly if only to keep his fitness and his international place.

Newcastle will get a top class striker if they can motivate him and provide him with the chances. His goals could get them the wins they need to stay up.

Utd will recoup some of the huge transfer fee they paid and off load someone who may be a source of discontent in the dressing room.

Diego and Munson. like this.
  14. Captainpancakes

I doubt he'd come, but it would suit both parties yes

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It would until you got relegated, then he'd sulk and demand to leave.

He can't be arsed to fight for his place at United, he's hardly going to work hard in a relegation fight.

16. Captainpancakes

Depends really we might of course stay up and next season will be different.

It depends who else wants him and he'll get a better offer than nufc as it is today

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Lingard without any distractions is what Newcastle need, not Martial.

Diego likes this.
  18. Captainpancakes

Both will do

Bring me everyone

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Stfu Roy

Munson. likes this.
  20. Captainpancakes

1RG1.gif