1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Up for the Cup v Liverpool Round 2

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Sounds like you got up there during Argyle's hour of peak efficiency-it appears to have descended into an omni-shambles since. Ive been trying ticket master all afternoon, got through twice only to be binned after a long recorded message. On line tickets remained available long after 2 pm and allowed people to buy as many as they wanted. Sales were suspended for a while why they counted how many they had sold and there is deep skepticism that those given a raffle ticket and told to come back tomorrow might be 'disappointed'. I've got my two (well at least an email saying they will arrive in the post!) so not too stressed -just means mrs lyndy and her oppo will dip out.

2. lyndhurstgreen

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh well. I did try to praise them and for me the experience was no problem. I find it hard to be sympathetic towards anyone who isn't a regular and loses out to others who are not regular attendees. The season ticket has allowed those who have one to get a ticket and for me that's the main thing and to be honest how it should be.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

V slow progress here although we are now in sponsors lounge where it's warm.

Members are queuing alongside those relying on 5 game attendance record. Maybe not unreasonable but certainly not quick.

5. notDistantGreen

Seven hours in the queue, now have 4 tickets, 3 in Lyndhurst, 1 in Devonport End!

Clearly very very few tickets left now: maybe a few more will emerge if season ticket holders fail to take up allocated seats.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well you got them in the end,, a whole day wasted? Surely the tickets could be got easier? It need's looking at by the club..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

There is your answer to the ever asked question "what could possibly go wrong". Answer is anything that is your worst nightmare when Argyle are involved.

Simple answer to the above for notdistant is don't ever try to get a ticket for somebody who doesn't normally go. I have little sympathy for anyone who can't get a ticket who would only normally go to a big game and doesn't bother with anything else. Sorry notdistant there were never going to be enough tickets for even those who go as regularly as they can.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Need a bigger Grandstand :eek::D

9. notDistantGreen

Actually, he does go pretty regularly under my tutelage. We haven't gone to many without him over past 18 months . He'd meet the 5 match test this season , never mind this and last.

We are where we are and that's OK but it's the constant changing of rules. Lyndhurst stayed home to use the phone and the phones were stood down. I queued because there was no internet and the internet was up (I believe).

10. lyndhurstgreen

Couldn't agree more, although a plan is always a basis for change, you shouldn't really start to change it unless you need to. I needed to pop out mid afternoon yesterday so queuing was never really an option for me. I waited till 2 to start ringing but apparently the phone lines and the box office started selling well before then. There must be a reason (though I cant think of one) but why on earth would you wait until 2 pm to start selling-surely more sensible to start at 0900 and have a normal trading day. Rumours abound about the club trying to install an additional 3000 temp seats on the Mayflower terracing- great if they pull it off and might allow a few more genuine fans the chance go.

11. Greenarmyjoe

There are a lot of unhappy Businesses who go on a regular saturday with customers.. spoken to 3 already today, usually on match day 10 at a table 450.00 liverpool game was put to auction approx 1200.00 per table.. Jewson very unhappy they got 5 tickets? disgraceful as they take 20 customers each match week in week out and sponsor some days.. I was offered a few tickets today from a Plumbing Supplier i never took them..

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My biggest complaint. They never seem to care enough about their regular week in week out customers. Just grab the money and as much of it as possible regardless. Why don't a lot more go a lot more regularly.......there is your answer Mr Hallett who posted on pasoti last night about getting new customers. You do not look after the ones you have but expect them to give up everything for the benefit of newbies, Don't you get it Mr Hallett they don't want to they want to be treated properly themselves. Argyle seldom do. I've said this before but will do it again. If the Hotel chain was conducted in the same way Argyle is then Brent would go balistic. Both have paying customers but Brent knows as well as Hallett that the Argyle ones will come back virtually no matter how you treat them so you can treat them like **** and it's ok.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Well i cant se why argyle dont just put all ticket sales online.. like most clubs.. that is so easy .. let ticket master do it all. they do most of the big clubs..

Well one of the companies i work with wont be doing any more for the smaller games after being **** on this time.. Look after the season ticket holders and members, the sponsors and hospitality first. anything left give to the public..
    A mate of mine has been a season ticket holder 25 years and lives in teignmouth, he aint a ticket for the game as he went online and nothing, he could not get to the ground yesterday as of work commitments.. not very happy.. i think i may be able to get him one.. luckily enough.. I aint told him yet.. :emoticon-0102-bigsm He will be in debt to me.. :police:

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If he is a season ticket holder now then the original advert on tickets said that their seats would be held until Sunday. If he goes to Stevenage game then surely he could just get there a bit earlier and go to the ticket office. I don't think the queue would be huge.

Notdistant, I thought the ticket was for your daughter's boyfriend. If I didn't get that wrong then I have to say a 7 hour marathon on his behalf is beyond the call of duty for a father let alone the father of his girlfriend. Has he got photos of you or something..................either that or you are charging him the going rate for an executive per hour for the effort. Over and above face value that should come to about £715 altogether.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Well i will speak to him tomorrow and hope fully he will manage to get one, either way he will be able to go.. but not happy he could not get it online..

16. notDistantGreen

I've brought not one but two youngsters to PAFC Sensible so I'm doing my bit you see. He's a nice lad and may yet end up playing for the club - a forward who runs like a whippet, so watch this space.

Most of the people I spoke to on Wednesday (and in 7 hours there were many) were ST holders who already had their tickets who were queuing for someone else. Must show that 1 ticket per member in the first pass was not enough. I think 3 would be too many but 2 would be just right. Who's been sleeping in my bed etc. After all, anyone shown to be abusing the system could be sanctioned.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  17. notDistantGreen

18. notDistantGreen

For any of you members still looking for a ticket for the Liverpool game, it's back up on online sales although I can't access it - presumably because I've already bought my quota of 1.

19. lyndhurstgreen

Looks like 2000-3000 temp seats are going onto the mayflower terrace. Dread to think what the allocation criteria will be:emoticon-0112-wonde

20. Greenarmyjoe

There will be a free for all for those tickets.. more money in the bank.. well done to them.. make it while you can as you wont see those supporters again until wembley