1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

US Election

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Aug 13, 2020.

?

Who will win?..

1. Biden

18.3%
  2. Bobby D

45.0%
  3. Tobes

1.7%
  4. China, China, China

6.7%
  5. Trump

8.3%
  6. Russia

6.7%
  7. Dominic Cummings

3.3%
  8. Other

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh there are always dyed in the wool labour and tory heartlands, but there was still the ability of a tory leader or labour leader appealing to voters who may have been leaning left or right resspectively in the past.

Having said that, the breaking of the so-called red wall recently suggests that if the propoganda is right, some warped idea of nationalism is thrown in the mix, then anything is possible.

Tobes likes this.
  2. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

It's a worldwide link that is a conspiracy .
    ( excuse the Aberdudism).
    Once theres a certain amount of money involved reasonable equations and rational disappear.
    Delusional worshiping of the mighty dollar take over and basic human decency flies out of the window .
    How do we end up with climate change deny freaks.
    Greed WILL destroy mankind .

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The elite and wealthy convincing the plebiscite to vote against their own best interests is as old as ‘democracy’ itself.

Fascism is particularly effective at delivering this, make people believe that they’re somehow under threat from ‘others’ and stand there and tell them that you’re the person / party who will remove this threat, and it’s a vote winner.

Bannon drove this home to Trump and the Republicans and then headed over here and passed on his advice to the likes of Rees Mogg, Farage and a certain floppy haired fella with an unspecified number of kids. Farage’s ‘Breaking point’ poster was literally a copy of Nazi propaganda.

Willhoops and PINKIE like this.
  4. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Free thinking doesn't exist once you move to the right !!
    I do wonder how the mind can be so weak .

5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Top read.

6. The Ginger Marks

Hmm

7. The Ginger Marks

Both fecking clueless in my book but one less creepier than the other.

8. The Ginger Marks

Her credentials as far as I can ascertain are sound and certainly more suitable than creepy Joe. Perhaps they missed a trick in asking her to step down in 2019?

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Biden dodged the Vietnam draft due to his asthma... Donald dodged it 3 times because he was very very very frightened ... Joe edges it again ... <cheers>

10. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Jamaicans are against free health care and they haven’t got two cents to rub together!

11. The Ginger Marks

Difficult one in reality, even though there were only 2 choices. Many countries took the WHO initiative and locked down. Some have come out of the worst and others are experiencing a second wave of infections ie New Zealand. Most of the countries in the Mekong region have had minimal cases and deaths but this could be attributable to lack of architecture and open spaces where distancing was easier. America also took the same initiative and have 166k deaths as did most of Europe.

Now all we are hearing and reading are the Covid deniers telling us it’s just the flu! Also about the seriously crippling financial consequences that will be felt for a decade or more. Thailand has 10 million people out of work as a consequence (58 deaths) and I’m sure most others will have large figures as recession bites hard. Sweden on the other hand took the alternate route and went with herd immunity and voluntary distancing. Yes Sweden only has a population of 10 million and their death rate is probably higher due to relative population, almost 6000 deaths. It’s reported that only 6% of Swedes have antibodies. Financially Sweden expect their economy to shrink by just 5% next year.

So what was the right call? Will our economy suffer drastically more than Sweden’s as a result of the actions taken? Personally I would have gone for saving lives than saving the economy. Incidentally another unknown constant is will lockdown totally eradicate Covid 19? Sooner or later international travel will be on the agenda and no one knows if it won’t start it all off again?

Treble and haslam like this.
  12. Saf

Oh well, that must mean every 60+ in Thailand goes after extremely young girls.

Hey Julian, black people have high stabby stabby rates in London. Be careful around black people!!!

13. Saf

Don’t listen to Fosse.

Boris Johnson is a legend. That’s why we voted him in. He won us Brexit!!

14. Saf

Biden to have a similar success as the Conservatives in our last election. He’ll win by a landslide.

15. The Ginger Marks

I never had any doubts he wouldn’t, I said on the political thread the game was afoot. I my view the country will benefit greatly in long run while Europe disintegrates.

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Hmm ... Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche....

Rover ... <laugh>

17. The Ginger Marks

Don’t worry mate you’ll still be able to buy a new Rover.

18. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

The USA already spends more than double per head on health care than any other country with free health care. They're already paying more tax for something they don't use.

Tobes likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not actually against a contributions based healthcare system, but the bar needs to be set really high and I mean those who earn over £100k per year. And even then I would have it on a sliding scale, so the more you earn, the bigger percentage you contribute. The way I see it, those on wages that are quadruple or more than the average can afford to contribute more to public services. I know some people will say, they pay higher taxes anyway, but it doesn't correlate to the actual costs of healthcare. I know it's a generalisation, but you'll find that the wealthy already pay into private medical insurance, so it's not an alien concept to them.

It doesn't sit easy with me, because I'm a staunch Bevanite that believes in the concept of free healthcare for all, but it's pretty clear that the NHS needs far bigger financial input to be effective going forward.

As for the US, their healthcare system is horrendously punitive. My friends in Ventura pay something like $1200 per month for basic healthcare and that only covers them for emergencies. Routine trips to the GP are extra and so is any ongoing treatment. They aren't wealthy. She's a baker and he's a radio editor, very much on the average American wage.

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Who knew.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.