1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Vaccine

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by janey, Jan 30, 2021.

1. spirit of 73

spirit of 73 Well-Known Member

So it was you who got the placebo :1980_boogie_down:

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. one gary owers

one gary owers Well-Known Member

Nah Oxford one

spirit of 73 likes this.
  3. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

A newly pre-published paper giving an analysis of data from 500,000 Israeli people following vaccination with the Pfizer vaccine shows two interesting features

1) Effectiveness after the first dose the was zero at day 14 then increased gradually, reaching about 90% on day 21.

There is no data beyond 21 days as that is when the 2nd dose is given. However, following on from the data in the Oxford vaccine paper mentioned in my previous post, the immunology suggests there will be no significant decline in this response out to the 12 week point where the UK will give the second dose.

2) After the first few days there was a big increase in incidence of Covid in the week after the first injection.

They surmise that this is because people had stopped taking protective measures.

If that is the case then it will be interesting to see if we get the same thing showing up here.

However, there was no zero point testing of people so I would say that they can't rule out people getting actually getting infected at the vaccination centres.

At least we now have some data that support delaying the Pfizer vaccine's second dose - although the projection of protection out to 12 weeks is only theoretical and we could still do with a study with hard data for this period.

see report at
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.01.21250957v1

RIC, Bank of England 2 and Random lad like this.
  4. one gary owers

one gary owers Well-Known Member

The surgery I went to social distancing was excellent one way in to a waiting area where chairs were spaced out .As you were called a young Lady cleaned the seat the person had been sitting on got the jab and left a different way.

Woody and Random lad like this.
  5. TopClub

TopClub Well-Known Member

Just found out that I did have the novavax vaccine, so I will stay on the trial .
    Rollout going well in north London, in Barnet, i was offered jab last Friday, age 65 no conditions, my mate and his wife, 67 and 61, no conditions, in Enfield were done last week.

6. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

My Mam gets hers on wednesday. That's them into the under 70s now in Sunderland.