1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Verhoek and Goodwillie

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Calatron, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Calatron

Calatron Active Member

Is anyone else getting sick to the teeth of Whyte, Smith and Ally's dealings.
    First of all DU tell us a price that we can get Goodwillie for we piss them about with ****ty bids and he's off the the Premier League.
    Now after Ado Den Haag told us their price for Verhoek we again pissed about and now Fulham have gone and paid the money for him.
    All I can see happening here is panic buys on the last day and regretting it and in all honesty I fear the game against Malmo

2. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Said that before too. We're dicking around with silly bids that are a few hundred k short of what is wanted. Why?

Now it looks like Boughies move is getting closer as the talk of Cuellars return goes silent.

3. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

****ing joke. martin bain was the man for transfers

4. TallPaul

TallPaul New Member

Not too devastated if we miss out on Goodwillie in particular, but it does seem odd that we are quite so open in our pursuit of players.

The days are gone when players would move to the clubs they supported or help to force moves. If Fabregas can't manage it, Goodwillie certainly can't.

I think by going so public we've annoyed Hearts and Dun. Utd to the point where it has become a matter of principal for them...and we've ended up offering what they wanted initially (if not more anyway).

I'm still happy that the existing players got the long term deals and still confident that Ally will deliver, but I think we do need to adjust our approach to buying players and how we present it to the media.

5. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

I'm all for financial prudence and not paying over the odds, but we seem to be missing out on the players Ally really wants for the sake of a few shekels. I hope this policy doesn't come back to bite us on the jacksy.