1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Accrington

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 28, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The man in black for this one has, according to pasoti, issued 75 yellow and 2 reds so far this season in 18 games. Sounds to me like a bit of a whistle happy chappy. Players beware.

Now I'm sure we owe Accrington something from somewhere so I guess we had better give them a spanking this time. They are obviously a good side and have done well lately but so have we. Lets hope our away form hasn't taken over from our previous home form and we put a run of both home and away together.

COYG

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

COYG it is then

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They helped to relegate us not long ago...when they put FIVE past us ...and we then sacked Adams....still painful how we literally plummeted from safety to relegation like a kamikaze pilot in full flow..

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Watts, Opoku, Aimson, Fornah, Edwards, Grant, Mayor, Camara, Jephcott, Hardie.

Subs
    McCormick, Wootton, Nouble, Reeves, Moore, Ennis, Lewis.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1....H/T

Pritchard...41mins.

Jephcott...43mins.

To many static defenders for Accrington's goal.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-2...F/T

Jephcott...43mins.....Ennis...78mins.

Pritchard...41mins.....Charles.,..46mins.

How didn't we win that game.....Camara some how gets off-side when Argyle were three on one.

Mayor has his best game for Argyle....Accrington were scared to challenge him as he broke often into the penalty area.

But our defence where involved in both of Accrington's goals.....there one straight after half-time could have killed Argyle off but we came back strong and dominated large spells of the second half.

A good game of football in terrible conditions

MOTM.....Danny Mayor.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Probably a fair result against one of the better sides I've seen recently.

If only we hadn't gifted them 2 goals......

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you had offered me a draw before kick off today I would probably have taken it. Accrington are a very good side and they played their part in a very entertaining match today. Probably one of the most entertaining I have seen this season. Argyle started a bit slowly but definitely grew into the game. Camara had his usual good game and he won so many balls in the middle of the park. However, my MOM today would be Mayor who had probably the best game I've seen him in this season. He was as plym said unplayable a lot of the time and they resorted to kicking him as often as they could eventually. He deserved a goal and is so unlucky a lot of the time. A boot in the way, a leg an arse an anything to stop it going in. Goal of the game was the passing and movement between him and Ennis leading to the Ennis goal. It looked class on the tele and even better in replay. Nobody played badly today even though there were a few errors. In the end I actually thought we might nick it and we were absolutely on top in the last 15 minutes.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Camara has the ability at times to regain the ball like a pick-pocket....how he does it is a mystery.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He's got sticky feet and sticky out legs.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He's got sticky feet and sticky out legs.

12. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

What a lot of people were saying on Twitter is true. Not only do we have a decent First 11 when they're on their game, Ryan Lowe can now bring on substitutes that make a difference. Reeves, Ennis and Lewis didn't do badly did they?

As we play 3 CBs and they are prone to suspension as well as injury, we definitely need one more of those. Also I suppose we need a right WB. We have Connor Grant, George Cooper and Adam Lewis on the left but only Joe Edwards and Byron Moore on the right.