1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Barnsley

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 9, 2023.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You make your own luck so no complaints from me. The Radio Devon people seemed to be saying game over promotion wise for Argyle after today. I'm guessing he is an Exeter bloke and I do get pee'd off with the BBC coverage and comments on Argyle. Clearly not looked at the fixture list then. Whatever happens we have had a good season so I'm not unhappy with Argyle. Three Little Birds............

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well I feared something like this. If I'd forecast this one honestly, the same way as I do the rest, it would have been as a defeat. That is just not good enough if we want automatic promotion.

Their keeper has hardly been tested, maybe one chance that Hardie missed early in the second half. How we're missing Randell and his passing.

We must sort out our away form. That's not going to be achieved by playing Lonwijk in the middle of a three in a match like this, if the commentators were right in their analysis of how the side kicked off. He won't even do the warming up exercises the same way as everyone else let alone lead the defensive line. Bring back Scarr as soon as possible and maybe consider starting with a back 4 away from home: we always end up that way anyway.

And Azaz just hasn't come back the way he was before the injury. Maybe we need to start Hardie and Ennis up front with just one No 10.

PS I haven't been influenced by the BBC: I listen to the Argyle TV commentary and even that's been far from enthusiastic about some of the play.

As I say, unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Deeply disappointed but not surprised.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Comments on pasoti about our second half are rather depressing.

All those fighting for the second automatic promotion spot....have found ways to win.....Argyle's away form recently has been poor.

PS.....Don't watch the Rugby unless your a masochist.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Thanks... I have that recorded for later!

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You really don't need to watch it......we should have thrown the towel in...to save so much punishment.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Oh well that's it then. Might as well shred the season ticket and take up knitting on a Saturday afternoon. You would think we had just been docked 20 points and were fighting a relegation battle. It's one game. There are 10 left. We are still second. All the other teams have to keep winning just as much as we do. Some of them have to play each other so there can only be one winner or none from that. If there is ever another war I do not want any Generals coming from the Green Army because we will be fecked before we set off.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

We're talking about the Rugby in this case.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"Comments on pasoti about our second half are rather depressing"

I repeat, if there is a war I do not want any of the Generals coming from the Green Army. Everytime there is a loss pasoti goes into overkill meltdown and the end of the World is alway nigh. It's one game for christ sake. I just hope the playijg troops don't read pasoti because it's hardly a rallying cry from anyone is it. The funny thing is if any opposing supporter says we are crumbling everyone goes into protective mode and denies it. Perhaps there are those on the other place who should agree not argue the toss.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video.....other than Hardie's fluffed opportunity just after half-time...it showed nothing but Barnsley's .....there third the free kick was too good for any keeper to stop.

These chasing teams are finding ways to win and with clean sheets.....our poor goal difference is now worth a point to all of them.