1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Versus Bristol Rovers FC

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by lyndhurstgreen, Mar 14, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I see regular if not frequent comments about reinstating the Zoo Corner, which I think is the junction between the Lyndhurst and the Barn Park End. It's pretty clear they come from an element that want to get closer to the away fans, which can't be altogether healthy.

It's a shame about the segregation area but the Family Zone is at the moment in the only logical spot in the neutral territory between home and away areas where you'd hope it's used by both sides. It's away from the "lively" atmosphere and colourful language in the Devonport End although it is close to the "shouty" end of the Lyndhurst, which I suspect contains those who would like to get into the Zoo Corner or on days like yesterday, in amongst the away fans for a ruck. It does have a segregation zone on BOTH sides of it though (or seems to have), which increases the wasted space.

I wonder if any thought's been given to where the Family Zone will go after the grandstand is finished? If it was moved, say to a genteel spot in the Mayflower stand area, where the only danger is of a prawn sandwich dropped from above, then there would be the possibility of reinstating the Zoo Corner with a smaller but more robust segregation zone.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Prawn sandwich...that's ok....it's the odd magnum of champagne that gets knock off that might be more dangerous.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Excellent Match Day Moments video.....a real buzz captured on this edition.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I gather the City manager wasn't happy about the 2 penalties awarded to PAFC. Strangely, he seem to have spotted that the fall which won them a free kick for the first goal looks suspiciously wind assisted.

However, THIS is what you call a dive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43472827