1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Charlton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 15, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't get this fixture that it can be so close to the last encounter with them. Still it is so we have to get on with it.

This was the team that started the bit of rot in our results. We owe them a thrashing as Basil Faulty would say. Whether we give them one, a thrashing that is, is another story. I like to think that we haven't gone completely off the boil and everyone should be looking for a reaction to the two events. One that shoot through left and the other the recent results. I still think we can win this one and am therefore going for an Argyle win.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

M Cooper, Edwards, Gillesphey, Scarr, Wilson, Garrick. Mayor, Houghton, Camara, Hardie, Agard.

Subs
    Burton, Broom, Ennis, Randell, Law, Jephcott, G Cooper.

Still no Grant....Agard starts....with Ennis, Broom, Jephcott and George Cooper on the bench.

Edwards over to the left to possibly help Gillesphey deal with Jaiyesimi....who roasted him at the Valley.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...Agard...45+2.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...H/T.

The stats suggests against the run of play.

So Agard pays back Schumacher for giving him a start.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...F/T

3pts well earned in the end.....we needed that.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well I enjoyed that, although a second or third goal would have avoided the usual frayed nerves at the end.

A good performance against a decent Charlton side. Argyle started well but Charlton got into it to give a well contested first half. I was just bemoaning the ref only allowing 1 minute of added time when an injury to a Charlton player had taken up at least 3, when Agard rattled one in off certainly one and possibly both posts after a barrage of Argyle attacks. Couldn't wait for the whistle then!

Argyle dominated much the second half and both Hardie and Ennis missed good chances to make the scoreline more representative.

MoM? Pick any one. Mayor, Wilson, great save from Cooper Houghton... captain Edwards.

But I'll go for Camara. Here there, every ******* where.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As said a good 3 points and definitely needed. Not sure about the first half being well contested though. We were not very good at all and continually gave the ball away and didn't seem capable of controlling it when it was easier to do so. I think it was against the run of play we went one up although Charlton didn't look much like scoring anyway. Neither team racked up that many shots either on goal or missing. I did think it was Camara who scored until half time when I was told that Sky had Agard down as the scorer.

Second half was much better and I thought we did dominate that. We should have scored a couple more and at times it was easier to do that than miss. Hardie should have laid it on for Camara to tap in on one occasion and Agard missed a sitter from about 3 yards. There were several other chances as well which we decided not to engage with. In the end I don't think Charlton created that much and we were much more deserving of the points than them. Don't care how we got them but the points were very welcome. Didn't think much of the Ref but several others I have spoken to seemed to think he was pretty decent. All about opinion I guess.

How many more games before they kill of the season now I wonder?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Surprised to see no Akin Famewo or Conor Washington in their squad yesterday.

Stockley needs Washington to perform.....and Famewo is a rock at the back.

Why weren't they playing.....were they injured or isolating....make no sense not to play them otherwise......surely not rested.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Covid I believe. I must say I'm proud that PAFC, in addition to doing so much else that is good, are one of only a few clubs to avoid cases so far. Nevertheless, at the rate cases are sky-rocketing, we'll be lucky to keep it going.