1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Dagenham and Redbridge

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 21, 2016.

1. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

None of the Bears came anywhere near me today....they sensed my mood..

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been reading around the Argyle sites......and it crops up a few times that Luke McCormick has hit a really bad patch of form.

He was confidently acclaimed as the best goalkeeper in this division and we where lucky that he hadn't moved to a higher division....but we do understand why he was with us and not somewhere else.....and I won't say anymore about it.....Luke has tried to get on with his life and appreciates the support he received from PAFC when he returned to us.

That all aside....it is obvious that he is struggling at the moment....and you could say that his confidence is quite low at present......he was in command of his area and was excellent in the air take most high balls with ease and gave his defence the confidence to become a close knit mean defence.

That has all changed.....and it is noticeable that he seems glued to the pitch unable to take control of high crosses and quite often unable to move to cut out the danger in front of him.....this gets easily transferred to those defenders in front of him.

The defence has kept Argyle in the promotion race.....not any more the case.....our lack of goals is now a problem.....ok we have been unlucky with Brunt out for the season and Reid not remotely competitive through injury and poor scoring form.

Having a reasonably good quality squad....sadly thou only 12/13 players in it of promotion quality....injuries have taken there toll....very noticeable that by late Oct/early Nov the spine of the team was badly interrupted with injuries....this was then followed by Brunt's season ending knee problem and Reid out again.

McCormick probably needed a rest a few weeks back to sort himself out.... and having Dorel added to the squad maybe gave Adams the opportunity to do that......I fear it's to late now to do it....and personally I feel the seasons over for Argyle.....if they aren't going to be promoted this season I hope it isn't by being defeated at Wembley.......that would be slow torture.....and I think we have had enough of being tortured by this team who get us expectant only to bring us crashing down again.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't feel any better today than I did yesterday. It's all still bollox and I'm livid with Argyle. All that effort put in and then to just roll over like they did. The season is over I hope. I genuinely don't want to do the play offs and would be happy to finish 8th to avoid it. Don't worry about a trip to Wembley because I absolutely can't see Argyle getting anywhere near there. It will be interesting to see the level of support still there next season which I'm convinced will be in this league and not one. Especially when half the players bugger off. You should have allowed the cash to strengthen Brent and this is the second season in a row you have blown that.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible, Its still achievable this season.. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Want to bet your house on that Joe?

7. Greenarmyjoe

I will put a bet on tonight i think i will see what odds i can get? Its not over yet?? there will be more twists yet i reckon we will go away on saturday and thump ..Cambridge.. <cheers>

8. Greenarmyjoe

7/2 to get promoted?? take it now

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not a chance Joe.

10. Greenarmyjoe

We will have to win both to have a chance? Well against the bottom club in the football league we managed 1 point from 6? not promotion stuff.. But is not just that game that has cost us. It does not make sense, when we played them away we were 5 points clear at the top? now we are 4 points from second.. :emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil