1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Hull

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 30, 2024.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Go on then folks fill yer boots with either happy clapping or a funeral march.

COYG

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Serves you right for living in the outback. If you lived in a civilised place then you could get up at 10am, have a bacon sarnie and wander off to the match. I will........

4. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

No outback here but there is snow on the mountain passes.
    Enjoy the game Mr S and drinks after to celebrate.
    Practice saying "we're going to be staying up" repeat...
    You can Roger that..

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Two things I would never do. The first is predict Argyle to lose a match. The second is ever bet on them losing despite whatever bet I have ever done on football results has lost. If honest though it doesn't bother me that much which league Argyle end up in. I would still buy my season ticket and be there next season for as many seasons as I can physically go. I may not enjoy the game depending on how it turns out but I will try and will definately have a couple after. All that effort I have to make to follow the greens and all you have to do is get up early. You know you want to...........

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pub Question....what team had never been in a relegation position all season....but after game 46 games get relegated.

Now I'm hoping that this will never be a football quiz question ....because we're not going to be in relegation position after Saturday's match.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Was just looking at the Hull board out of curiosity to see what they are saying. There is a chap on there who calls himself Sir Cheshire Ben who clearly hasn't been to Plymouth in a very long time. We apparently have a very good nightlife if you like fighting sailors and catching VD. He has over 24000 likes so clearly in his case they set the bar very low. I don't get why people have to be so rude because we haven't had VD in this City since his sister moved back home.

Ron and Greenarmyjoe like this.
  8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Oooooooooooh nasty.

We haven't got two spare sailors to start a fight now, have we?

A bit off topic I know but I heard a politician, asked about his party's policy on defence spending, lambasting the Conservatives for cutting Army numbers to the lowest since the Napoleonic Wars. I don't know if anyone else watched the gruelling fly-on-the-wall documentary about life on the Ukrainian front line. The thing that stood out above everything apart from he brutality of it was drones. The terror of them and the use of them.

There was one piece which showed Ukrainian making bombs by effectively attaching cardboard fins to a baked bean tin full of hand-made gunpowder (no, really). They then attached it to the sort of drone you could get in a hobby shop. They flew it out using a £300 tablet and caught sight of some poor Russian soldier running for his life from it. We saw him on the tablet screen diving into a dug-out and then the bomblet following him in. No more Russian soldier.

I gather each missile being fired by RN ships in the Gulf to bring down drones launched against commercial ships comes in at something of the order of £1m. The drones they are shooting down cost something around £10,000. Talk about asymmetric warfare.

The Ukrainian war is revealing a step-change in war-fighting. I do believe we must spend more on defence but we'd better be very sure we spend it on the right things. That isn't necessarily what we spent money on in the past.

9. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Ben's been a master of opposition bating with his **** kicking comments for ages. Don't get too wound up, fella.. You're not the first, nor the last..!

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm not wound up just glad he let his sister go home. I guessed he was a master batter though.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Check any other match day thread, he posts exactly the same sort of thing about every team we're playing, it's a sort of daft tradition.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"it;s a sort of daft tradition" Well you said it not me.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

FIVE HOURS to go to the biggest game of the season....wish the team good luck....and please let us have a fair Referee and assistants.

14. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Three hours to go and the car park is rammed with rush hour style traffic in it trying to find a space.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good luck today lads. Hope you stuff Hull. If not I hope Norwich stuff Birmingham, or at least don't let them win

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle...1-0...Hull.....H/T

Edwards...40mins.

Argyle on track at H/T.

Birmingham drawing 0-0 with Norwich at H/T.

WBA ...1-0...Preston at H/T....meaning they will stop Hull from reaching the play-offs.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The hope is high at H/T....if we get relegated from here it will hurt profoundly.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Birmingham winning against Norwich....so Hull can beat them on goal difference if they beat us.....so Hull are still in it unfortunately.

19. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Well done Plymouth.....Better side on the day.
    Pleased for you that you've stayed up and put Birmingham down.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle...1-0...Hull.....F/T.....phew.

Edwards...40 mins.

I don't know how you lot coped at the match....but I had difficulty 200 miles away.

At 90+5mins... (and not knowing how many extra minutes where being played)... I couldn't watch any longer on BBC....and went for a toilet break.

With Birmingham beating Norwich and Blackburn winning at Leicester....it only needed an equalizer in injury time to sink use...how painful that would have been.....it would have taken us a long time to get to this level again.

What a busy summer we're going to have....could be interesting....and it's going to be in the Championship.....wow.