1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 27, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So we have played 3 games since Portsmouth last entered the field of conflict. Nice and rested then with probably a few niggly injuries sorted out. Really fair this system of being able to cancel games isn't it. I'm with the Womble crowd with this one. We haven't missed a fixture so far.

We are at least on a new roll with results lately so it hasn't been all bad. Pass and move like we did on Sunday and we could easily win this one. Will we win it? Well I don't see why not. After all they will be claiming their entire Town and team have crawled off their sick beds to play won't they. Stupid day and time for a game but then there isn't much choice is there. The forecast isn't that great for Wednesday but it won't get rained off.

COYG

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

A great time for me at 11.45am..

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Portsmouth have had an 18 day break since their last match.....so hopefully they're not match fit.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Game off....because of Covid breakout at Argyle....also the Wimbledon game at the weekend.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Cheltenham seem to have called their game off 4 hours ago, Argyle 2 hours ago. Just saying.

Bound to happen with Omincron running riot I suppose.

Not delighted about that. It was a rare opportunity to go to a floodlit game when nobody in the house has to up at 6am to go to work. I expect I'll have to to cancel the tickets: the rearranged fixture isn't likely to offer the same opportunity.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  6. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

How daft you now look greeny !! <doh> :emoticon-0136-giggl

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Feck off Wooperts. At the point of going to print we had not had a game postponed and regardless of this now I AM STILL WITH THE WOMBLES ON THIS. I don't think clubs should be able to opt out including my own. There again yours is very good at it or so it seems. I do not believe they cannot muster 14 players and I don't believe Portsmouth couldn't over the very busy fixture period. Oh hang on I wonder if that could have been the reason perhaps.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm with you Sensible. Firstly, teams should be taking stronger methods to avoid infections. Secondly, if they fail in that then they should be forced to fulfil fixtures if they can muster the minimum number.

I think too many are manipulating postponments when their top scorer or whoever can't play.

We've done extraordinarily well to avoid it long after others fell by the wayside. Whether we caught it from Cheltenham we don't know. It's funny they declared infections after playing us on Sunday and now we've got it too.

I'm not saying it's so but theoretically if this a ploy to avoid playing Portsmouth after they've had a nice fortnight off over Christmas, then it's justified.

9. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

Now, Now greeny - I seemed to have touched a nerve :emoticon-0104-surpr

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Nobody else to talk to on your forum Wooperts? You haven't touched a nerve I just think you are a prick and should feck off is all. I think that quite often when I come across your opinions pretty much all over the site. Some people just get you that way.

I don't think any of them should have had weeks off over Christmas Notdistant. 1. It is not then a level playing field and 2. They have players who they would willingly put into a **** cup game against nobody if it suited. If they can play for the first team then I can't see why they can't fulfill a league game. And, I will repeat, my club included. I wonder how many sick and infirmed they would have if made to play a team.

11. Wooperts_duck

Staff Member

please log in to view this image

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just discovered you can't put a Staff Member on ignore. Oh well, life's **** and then you die I guess.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Have to say I'm well pee'd off tonight. Although the weather hasn't exactly been wonderful I could have been at a live match and gone for a beer after at the Club House. As it is I may well not see another live game until the end of January almost and that is only if Boris doesn't shut the Universe down again before then. Bum, bollox and bugger........