1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Versus QPR

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 7, 2024.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Eid al-Fitr lit.'Holiday of Breaking the Fast'[4]) is the earlier of the two official holidays celebrated within Islam (the other being Eid al-Adha). Eid al-Fitr is celebrated by Muslims worldwide because it marks the end of the month-long dawn-to-sunset fasting of Ramadan.

Eid al-Fitr begins at sunset on the night of the first sighting of the crescent moon. The night on which the moon is sighted is celebrated as Chand Raat.

Sunset in the UK yesterday was 8:02pm, hence the stoppage.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No comparison is there....you are at communion for that very reason....it isn't generally during some other act that you are in the middle of......like a player is during a football match.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was at a bus stop the other day and there was a woman there who knew my wife so we all spoke. I will now quote her on something she said "I am not a racist but I was in Exmouth at the weekend with my sister and it was full of men in dresses. It was full of Indians and it was a case of spot the white man", I won't go into detail of the conversation that followed that. The point is the opening words. "I am not a racist but......". The absolute stock phrase that racists nearly always start with to justify their following racist rant. That plymbprn is you to a tee. You just cannot resist the opportunity no matter how many times you are told nobody on here likes it. If you want to state these things why not just stick to pasoti for it with a number of others. I note the thread on there was locked earlier today to avoid racists being given air time on the subject. You can then devote this Board to non racist subjects and thereby not cause an argument or be offended when challenged.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

because they need to respect the ones taking the break. i dont have an issue with this either, its done move on. it never affected the players a chance for a breather also ..

5. Greenarmyjoe

i take communion Plym..

6. Greenarmyjoe

not at football tho as its different timing , so do my sons