1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rochdale

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 21, 2019.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mr Hill was not a happy bunny it seems. Welcome to Sarginson World is all I can say to that. I have tried to watch a few bits over again to see if they were right or wrong.

Red Card - Still correct in my book. Absolute deliberate handball and whether the other defenders may or may not have got a tackle in it was still a goal scoring opportunity.

Sarcevic dive - Haven't seen it again but have read a lot of comments. I didn't think he dived at the time. People divided on it. Think Sarcevic was unlucky and that was wrong.

Their Penalty shout - I thought it was at the time and if it wasn't where was the yellow card for a dive? Got that wrong.

Carey handball - Not for me. Ball came at him very fast and he looked like he tried to get out of the way and it just hit him. Correct call.

Lameiras penalty shout - Absolute penalty all day long. If it wasn't then where was yellow card? Not consistent so got that wrong either way.

Sarginson is just not fit to be a league Ref and I have never seen him have a good game. He started well enough but by halfway through the second half he had lost it once again. The last time he was here he gave us diddly squat all game. This time we benefited to an extent from his decisions but he was still poor. I just don't get how he is allowed to carry on and you do have to question the FA grading system or assessors.

At least we were spared the scratchy arse lino..................this one couldn't have caught his arse with a net he was that slow. He gave I think 2 offsides all game. He missed god knows how many others.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rate the Ref on pasoti gave roughly a 6/7 out of 10......270 people voted.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Just to point out the "Match Day Moments" video on the club website shows some different angles on key moments in the game. https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/february/matchday-moments---rochdale/

The red card handball is a cynical as you like. The defender fails to collect the ball and Ladapo is away past him so he flips the ball away with his hand. A red card all day long if there's any justice.

The ball DOES strike Carey's arm immediately before Edwards scores. However, he's turning his back on a clearance hoofed at him from a few feet and although his arm is raised, it's still parallel with his body. The ball would have hit his head if not is arm although it wouldn't necessarily have dropped to Edwards. Too accidental to be a handball for me and what happened afterwards is then irrelevant.

Sarcevic's booking is I think still unclear. A sensible ref would have just waved play on, no booking, no penalty. I've watched several times in slo-mo and if that isn't decisive, I don't know what the ref saw to warrant a card!

No sign of a Lameiras penalty incident.

On a general note, it does show that if you can get the ball to Ladapo's feet and not his head, he's lethal!

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Match Day Moments"......missed out on some of the goals this week....just not used to Argyle scoring so many.