1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Rochdale

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 2, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

These are the sort of games I hate. We all know it's one we should win but..................

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Plymouth Live have said that James Bolton and Niall Ennis will be included in the squad for Sunday's Cup clash against Rochdale.

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Rochdale will be gunning for us! We need 2/3 early goals to stand a chance <doh>

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Great to have those two back, especially as Galloway will be out for the rest of the season.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bolton we've never seen play in a competitive match....so could be an important player now Galloway is finished for the season.

And Ennis we've missed the whole season as well....picking up his injury warming up for the Rotherham starter.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

M Cooper, G Cooper, Gillesphey, Scarr, Wilson, Edwards, Mayor, Houghton, Broom, Hardie, Garrick.

Subs
    Burton, Bolton, Ennis, Grant, Agard, Randell, Law, Camara, Jephcott.

George Cooper starts today.....Grant and Camara on the bench....also available James Bolton and Niall Ennis.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...Garrick...17mins.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...H/T

Scruffy game....a few decisions iffy from the Ref....a definate corner we didn't get.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...Morley...54mins

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2...Jephcott...86mins.

F/T

Poor display from Argyle....Just couldn't get into the game in the second half.....but Jephcott in the right place after a corner scramble.

Not sure about some of the decisions given against Argyle.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I think the strong reaction when Rochdale scored suggests we'd somehow mentally settled for a 0-1 win and that's never a good plan. We did enough to get the win though and to be fair, Rochdale aren't bad until they get to the penalty box. Their goal was an absolute peach but came after we gave them the ball in the RB position. Haven't worked out who committed the sin.

Great first goal. I like Jordan Garrick, he's got versatility being able to play up front and out wide, he has pace and good skills. Sign him up if we can.

Good to see George Cooper back, hopefully the little incident before he came off isn't much: I'm sure he'd have come off after 60 or 70 minutes anyway. He showed his passing and crossing skills but we don't look so robust down that side with him there as we do with Conor Grant. Interesting conundrum for Ryan Lowe.

Even better to see Niall Ennis. Straight back into his impish best.

Got to agree on the ref. Odoh is a decent player but one of those for whom falling over is an integral part of his play. How refs can't see it I don't know but they can't. Given this ref seemed to think it's a condition of his employment to book at least one, Wilson was probably lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow. He gave Beesley a little push for which Ryan Law was carded just for standing there. There shouldn't have been a yellow for any of it, but you can't trust a referee.

Not the performance we are capable of but an away win and hopefully a corner turned, scored twice and hit the woodwork twice. It was away was it? It didn't sound like it most of the time. Well done to the travelling fans.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Gillesphey is going through a bad spell....worrying seeing Galloway's season is finished.....hopefully James Bolton will be able to help out now that he is fit again.

Breath of fresh air seeing Niall Ennis get a little cameo roll....he looked up for it going straight for goal with a good run and a shot on target.

Agree that George Cooper isn't a defender and looks too frail to be one to be honest....he did contribute a few good moments going forward.

Excellent header from Garrick and worth a spot in the squad if we could get him full time.

Why do Refs give free kicks everytime an opposition player falls to the ground....it looks so obvious a con.....have any of them played or even been a fan on the terrace before taking their training.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thought we were second best pretty much throughout. However, we have played teams off the park before and lost so it's just the way it goes. If Rochdale could score then we would have been fried. Guilty party for giving the ball away and them scoring was Wilson. You have to wonder sometimes what some players see when they pass the ball. Anyway, banana skin sorted and onwards we go.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just thinking. Any chance we can have a home draw in the next round please Football God? Oh and either the complete rank outsider or a top prem side.

15. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

I did watch the game live on TV, lets hope not too many Americans watched, as it was a poor game.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hope multi millions of them did and they now realise that it isn't "soccer" and it isn't their game. Oh how much I hate them calling it Soccer. I keep telling Americans that their game isn't American Football it's American Rugby if I ever meet any. They hardly ever foot the ball do they.

17. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Yea, never would i get used to that word "Soccer" but here that's the way it is.
    Our sports section of the paper is mostly about American Football and Ice Hockey.
    you have to search for UK football stories..
    I do read the Evening Herald online...

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You should try a newspaper for a change BC.......