1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Swindon

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 30, 2019.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I nearly forgot to post this. Too many games in a short time and that's my excuse as well as alcohol.

So, what is there to say about this one? Not a lot really as the position of the opposition speaks for itself. Until the last game they have been on fire and their top scorer has been like a volcano going off. I believe he has 22 goals in 25 games. Can we have him please. There is no doubting we can win this game but if the same second half performance turns up on Wednesday then I think this opposition could muller us. We need to be on our game in both halves. We have reasonable results against the more top teams (lets not mention Exeter) so it is clear we can win. I am going to be ultra optimistic and say we will. Big crowd, big game and the real Argyle will turn up.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is a big game...with a big crowd.....and unfortunately with Eoin Doyle known as the... Ginger Pele...Div2's top scorer by a street and a half playing.....22 goals in 22 games on loan from Bradford for the season at Swindon.
    Just our luck that he didn't score Sunday against Port Vale....probably means he'll be a little upset and wanting to put that right.
    Would be nice if he was recalled on New Years day then Swindon would become just another team....but that ain't going to happen

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the ticket availability. Block 15 is half full and Block 16 a quarter full but everywhere else is either full or nearly so, I presume Swindon will bring quite a few so it looks like 15,000+ after cash sales on the day.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Big problems with online bookings again!

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Beware of talk of Swindon being hit with important injuries for todays game.

When the team sheets come out will the following players be missing.

Central defenders Baudry and Landolo the back bone of their defence will they both be missing ?.......in recent weeks the following have also been on the casuality list....Conroy, Broadbent and Fryers......and just to pull the wool further over our eyes talk of Eoin Doyle not being a 100% fit.

If their defence is under strength have we the ability to take advantage of that anyway....our recent stats regarding shots on target and chances missed must surely fall into line soon.....the balance of averages over a season chat... must surely swing the pendulum the other way... and someone is going to be in line for a real tonking from us.....how about today.....we'll let Doyle score one as long as we score 4 or 5 today and start challenging the top three automatic promotion spots.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Palmer, Wootton, Canavan, Josh Grant, Moore, Sarcevic, Edwards, Conor Grant, George Cooper, Joel Grant, Telford.

Subs
    Michael Cooper, Riley, Sawyer, Mayor, Clarke, Randell, Rudden.

Mayor only on the bench....and all three Grant's starting.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...Telford...22 minutes.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...Jaiyesimi...35 minutes.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...H/T

Rumours that Doyle is being recalled by Bradford.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2...DOYLE...77 minutes......had to be didn't it.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2...F/T

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just can't finish......

13. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Simple fact. We got outplayed today by a better team. Make no mistake Swindon are not top for nothing. We gave them a game but wasted chances yet again. They were probably the best side I have seen here for a long time and they are going to get promoted I am sure. They are not all about Doyle either but he is a big player for them. IF he is recalled they will miss him but in my opinion have enough left to continue the job. My only criticism is they moan a lot. Also can be a bit wasteful with time. I am being polite there.

Ref missed a couple today which he should have given in my view but cannot put the blame on him for the result. He was picky at times. Have seen much worse

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Reading through the match comments....the best team won....the worrying thing was Swindon had some key players missing and their replacements where better than our first choices.

Telford was seen as our best forward and many comments suggested the other strikers could all move on.....but Telford has difficulty keeping fit....we need a couple of strikers...not kids but experienced at this level.....and there lies the problem....everyone else needs them as well....we are well supported and that should help to generate some cash influence....and help us to be nearer the top of the queue when looking for the right players.

15. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I don't know what the problem is. Zak Rudden is scoring for fun for me in FIFA 2020.