1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Versus Wigan

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well said notDistant.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The story that Wyke collapsed in training, not was injured, was on the BBC football site two days ago not yesterday. That's 24 hours before the good news post. That is not the Wigan man being a snowflake it is simply not a nice comment.

Thought both teams were very poor today in the first half. Neither team seemed to want to take charge and the standards were not good. The second half improved in a competitive way and was a better spectacle. We were on top for a good 20 minute spell towards the end and were pressing their goal almost constantly. A bit more composure and we might have had a different result. However, the fact we couldn't press any of that home led to the inevitable and it was no great shock we gave them a lift. Wigan may have the points but if they continue to play that badly then they may not continue to collect them. We on the other hand need to take stock and go back to the training ground with passing and taking chances when presented. The Ref by the way did nothing to change Argyle fan's mind about his competence. He was crap and gave us nothing. He almost seemed determined not to. If that is an example of an experienced Ref in this league then it's time he retired. I just about draw up short on calling him biased.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Well I certainly didn't know he was ill rather than injured until this morning.

4. notDistantGreen

The behaviour of a minority of our own fans is also particularly despicable because I don't remember opposition supporters chanting that way when Ryan Edwards had cancer.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is a lot to read about todays game...phew.....lots of errors happening...Michael Cooper has played well as a young up and coming keeper....but his defence has started leaking and he has been making mistakes...at Charlton the first goal somehow squeezed under his body...that I could see for myself....the defence has leaked 7 goals in the last eight days.

Danny Mayor's excellent finish today was the only shot on target....the strikers are not scoring at the moment...Hardie is good at running through on to a pass....he cannot hold a ball up or beat a defender with his head....Jephcott withdrawn after 38 minutes....and some wondered why he didn't come off earlier.....Garrett came on and fed Mayor his chance.

Houghton has become a marked man....shackle him and the mid-field becomes impotent.

Camara runs all day...but has no goal finish in him....and will need a rest soon.

Even mentioned that the ever reliable Scarr is looking vunerable at the moment.

George Cooper didn't come on today...is he really fit enough to make a difference.

Randell and Law have mostly just warmed the bench.....will they get a chance soon.

6. notDistantGreen

"Over 25 fans have had their ticket accounts immediately suspended due to involvement in serious disorder and breaching ground regulations".

Ban the bastards for life.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Even mentioned in the Telegraph Sport pages.....will the club get a fine or some form of penalty ?

8. notDistantGreen

Almost certainly I should think.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was reading a thread on pasoti regarding this and it is still a bit shocking the attitude of some people to this sort of thing. It's been going on in football for donkeys years and is just part of football some say. The minority may I add. All I can say is that it hasn't been going on in my circles or family and would never happen in a million years. Why anyone would want to go to a sporting venue and fight I cannot even begin to comprehend. Drink is no excuse not is the opposition fans chanting or even jumping over a barrier. I personally don't want any of that kind in the ground if I'm there and I would ban them for life also.

Just a thought regarding if Argyle get a fine or something similar. If they can identify the people concerned, and clearly they can if 25 have been sorted already, could they take legal action against them for damages or similar? Why should the money I pay to the club be spent on fines for things pretty much outside the control of the club. It's all well and good the FA saying it's a failure to control but what are they supposed to do when certain people do stuff like this out of the blue. The individuals concerned should be made t take full responsibility for their own actions and not penalise others.

hp_bedoboy likes this.