1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Villa Tickets Rip Off CAT A LOL

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by striper, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Striper, your only other post apart from on this thread was a conspiracy theory about Cortese organising Lallana's move to Liverpool before he left. Anyone might think you weren't actually a fan, but someone with some sort of axe to grind about the way the club was/is run.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Striker has a point. I am going to boycott the last game as a protest against the capitalist rip off of fans.

My ticket is available for £25,000.00

Onionman likes this.
  3. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

I suggest that you boycott the match alone. Let us know how you get on with the press.

Vin

4. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Not a huge amount of support for a boycott then. Lol. Rightly so.

5. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

We all acknowledge just how much money has been put into the club...has to come to a point where the club must stand on its own feet.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I've just realised who Stripe is.... He's the bloke who took his season ticket back because he was charged for parking. Must be.

7. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

It's a shame an organisation like the FSF takes this sort of stance. If they're to yield any positive influence over clubs and their ticketing policies then they need to engage with them not organise fruitless boycotts.

Football supporters are fanatics and as such are open to exploitation and I do think there are plenty of examples of ticket prices being far too high, but as others have said it's a luxury and if people are able to afford it then market forces do dictate those prices.
    Personally I would love to go to every game, but I have an away ticket threshold of £35 and I stick to it. In this internet age you don't have to go to a game to watch it, so I think this will mean prices will be kept in check going forward, but as others have said. Saints don't owe you a ticket

8. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

The whole premise of this thread is nonsense. It suggests that a business should reduce its prices when the product may be in high demand. That arguments been made from Tory to Old Marxist!

However, let's not start talking about "true supporters" finding the money. There will be those who love this club who cannot afford tickets for any game. My very fortunate personal circumstances mean I have a choice about buying tickets, others do not. Striper's annoyance is clearly mis-placed, but he is entitled to an opinion and the fact that he is even aware of it probably makes him a "true supporter".

Sorry, Saintdon, I do get a little naffed off with the "true supporters" v "plastic" so called debate. It is facile in the extreme, and your post is in danger of raising this issue again. As FLT says, we should all simply be enjoying the ride. If we can get to games and see the team in the flesh then that's a huge bonus for any of us. For every one of us screaming our delight last Saturday when Shane Long scored there will be dozens delighted in their kitchens, or while shopping or whatever as they pick up the news. They too are Saints' fans.

9. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

That is what makes a football fan. That is what makes football a great game. I could give you numerous examples of me being embarrassing in public places if I have just heard a goal/result; I may not have been there, but it meant as much to me as everyone in the stadium at the time.

10. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Me, too. I think there are people who would genuinely be happy if we were getting gates of 17,857 (no, not picked at random) like we were in League One. Then everyone would be a hardcore, true supporter.

I love, utterly love, the fact that St Mary's is packed to the rafters these days.

Vin

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015

11. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Perhaps "true" supporters was the wrong term to use, I was referring to enthusiastic fans that will go without something else, so that they can go to games, I am now a pensioner and money is obviously a problem, as for me, thanks to low interest rates the promise of an adequate pension wasn't fulfilled. So I save dilligently to fund my football and go without other things. It wouldn't matter how succesful the Club is, I am enjoying the ride, but that isn't why I support my team, more success equals higher prices, that's the way things go. Would I rather be swanning around in Division Two? Of course not, but if that is what fate decides, that's what I would have to do. The Club is first on the agenda, the players not so, they are nebulous. The Club has to be able to survive on it's income, it isn't a charity, we have been lucky as we have had help to get out of a potential disaster, that help won't last for ever and we have to learn to be self sufficient and that has to be done on a sound business plan.