1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 24, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Anyone else just not really care?

2. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice they didn't try and get the CL SF cancelled :bandit:

3. moreinjuredthanowen

given their were in the europa I guess i must have missed that ;)

but your point is well made.

the choice of match was made wisely, maximum disruption and it seems to me utd are now being favoured as the game is not on today. It will now need to be played after the season ends or at a time that disadvantages LFC.

There is no game lost between today and after the 26th of may that will suit. Every midweek we have off utd play and vice versa.

the 29th may is the only possible time which is a weekend and a perfect target for another protest.

this time would at least be after the europa final and give utd the same fitness issue they have now.

4. Solid Alboland

oops yeah the EL :emoticon-0111-blush

5. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You've said a lot of things lately that I don't agree with at all. I have found it best in some situations to keep quiet on here because it isn't worth the bother of arguing for the sake of it. However, I agree with everything you've said here.

I don't think that Carragher and Neville will lose their jobs btw. They and Sky are up to their necks in it.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Just watched F1; easily the most boring of the three so far. Bar a couple of DRS assisted overtakes, ****all happened. Even qualifying was dull. The snooker was more entertaining!

lfcpower likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

TBH it was more dull. it was good for Hamilton but Mercedes were expected to be strong here and it proved to be the case. I had hoped for lost more action early but there wasn't too much at the start or safety restart.

Zanjinho and lfcpower like this.
  8. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

I'm all for peaceful protest - which that wasn't - and yes, the Glazers and FSG are greedy bastards, but let's have it right: not one of us complain when they spend the money on players. It's a sad fact that without their money we can't compete. We're all culpable in some way here.

So for Manure fans to wax lyrical about how the Glazers have ruined their club with greed in the same breath as oh yeah let's waste £80-odd million on Harry Maguire and Paul Pogba is nothing less than hypocrisy.

THE FOOL and johnsonsbaby like this.
  9. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

I am a Hamilton fan, I think he's 'probably' the greatest F1 driver and a superb sportsman, also somehow underrated, mostly because he catches a lot of hate for different obvious reasons. I hope he wins the WDC this season, breaks the records he's approaching, and then one of three things happen 1. He retires 2. The new cars completely shake up the field and the Merc (and RB) dominance is broken and we have an era with a lot more parity from Pole to 20th 3. He switches teams for a new challenge.

Hopefully the next races will be more like the first two. I don't know if this one was evidence of Mercedes making improvements and moves forward with their car, Red Bull losing the apparent edge they had - certainly they didn't get their strategic calls right but that's a different area - or just a fact that the two cars are going to swap being the strongest this season depending on the track and conditions. At least driver errors are coming into it more, both Verstappen and Bottas made mistakes on track yesterday which cost them. Hamilton too when he was looking in his mirrors as Bottas restarted. The difference being Ham recovered much better from his.

10. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

They're just pissed off because they're not winning anything. If they were in City's current position this season, but still under their same ownership in their same financial situation, none of yesterday would have even happened. It's just fickle, fans care about those apparent issues from yesterday when their team is in the doldrums, if they're in a purple patch it's less than an irrelevance.

Darwinism and johnsonsbaby like this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

When you have the best car you get called boring and get less attnetion.

The difference between schumacher and hamilton is merely the fact ferrari were **** when schumacher et al went there. He delivered whereas lweis made a smart decision and his move worked out.

Schumacher is generally insulted in the english press and on sky these days and written off which is despicable as he dare bump hill. He utterly dominated hill and broke the guy Thats the sport. Hamilton has broken bottas to the point he is his bitch. hamilton i am 100% sure will close the door on anyone just like the older generations. Thats what makes them greats.

you are right but the most likely outcome is he stays at mercedes and wins number 9 as mercedes continue to be the best team and then no 10 is the logical final step. I sincerely doubt hamilton will make the call without knowing mercedes have the package and will continue to monitor the situation cleverly.

Until F1 have 1 engine supplier somehow or 90% electric cars there cannot be parity between cars. We are lucky to have a half battle this year.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Schumacher also made Benetton look good

13. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

They made a good call for Verstappen's stop, it got him ahead of Bottas.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton but, as you mentioned, it's because of things away from racing. I respect how good he is and he probably deserves the record, especially when you considered his competitors during that time; he's fought off various world champions.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

that is true. the williams was superior both years imo, but especially the first year. he knew if hill got past it was over. It was up to hill to get it done and he dived in where Schumacher could cut him up. Schumacher destroyed hill the next year. I was glad the guy got a title after when Schumacher moved but it was more for keeping going than anything patriotic.

15. Solid Alboland

disagree with this as Glazers bought ManU in a leveraged buy out so in effect buying the club wuth the clubs money and have since taken large sums in dividends etc out of the club .

16. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

What I want to know now is will the rules be applied and will we be awarded the 3 points for the forfeit? No; and if not, that'll be proof positive the PL are as corrupt as ****.

17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Nah but I've throughly enjoyed dragging them through the mud on the prem board tbh<laugh>

18. moreinjuredthanowen

I fully support their fans view of the glaziers and those who wish to protest or make other choices such as FC united or Salford city etc. Unlike some (and I've seen plenty in the "football bubble" I don't support illegal and violent actions irrespective of the reason.

I would have more time for BLM protests than football fans having a go at billionaire owners. Personally a little bit of perspective would go a long way here. the glaziers just want to milk a cash cow. they've killed nobody, just disappointed many.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  19. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You're correct. It was interesting watching the YouTube clip from yesterday where the pundits in the studio were sounding off about greed and money ruining the game and in the next breath saying 'so how much do you think utd need to spend to compete for the title'. I believe the common parlance is - hypocrisy on steroids.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  20. moreinjuredthanowen

yeah when you put it like that it was hilarious.

Kane and who?

I forgot that bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.