1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 24, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Sancho I think, can't remember. I didn't watch much, I just wanted to get a sense of what was happening and their reaction. I found the whole thing an assault on my eyes and ears.

2. moreinjuredthanowen

they were scrambling for content IMO and the amount of times they went back to neville and carragher suggested they didn't know what to do as they thought maybe we have to fill 2 hours then go ahead with the game. Once the arsenal game was over they should have been into prematch and talking the game which was prepared but they had nothing and neville was a very willing filler.

they honestly would have been better shutting it down and going to SSN who are built for reporting and filling time and reacting to breaking news.

3. johnsonsbaby

I saw a few comments from people suggesting they were constantly cutting away from Carragher and Neville to check with the Sky legal team about what was being said, vis à vis incitement. As I say, I didn't watch enough of the studio commentary to get any sense of where their comments were leading.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  4. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

i think you are right. Trophies would have meant no protests.

But it’s all related in their eyes. Doldrums is caused by lack of money for big transfers which is caused by huge sums extracted by the owners, which is caused by loans repayment to banks and dividends to owners. So doldrums= **** owners.

Is LFC the exception that proves the rule ;) (title with very little net spend)

5. moreinjuredthanowen

I have to doubt that as the safe thing was to not go to them. Now the guy asking certainly started getting questions in his year to ask as more info was coming in and IMO souness took the hint and made up a bit out flares and stuff.

As I said i counted 6 times he clearly asked about condemning actions. It would have taken about 2mins to get in neville's ear and brief him from the producer in the same way so i can only presume it was done and neville ignored it.

I can't believe they were not briefed.

In the end they can't just stay on the two who could be on commentary for 2 hours so cutting away is only natural.

Sauerkraut Inia and johnsonsbaby like this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

To be fair they have bee protesting in various ways in 2005 and ten years ago utd were winning stuff but they were protesting over the debt and continued to do so at various levels as the glaziers floated the thing on the NY stock market.

If things were wrong when they were winning then it cannot just be because now they are not.

Maybe the size of the thing has something to do with that but we will see.

7. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

That was what Souness was trying to say yesterday.

Whilst money maybe going out of the club and debts have been accrued against the club, they've still managed to spend something around £1b since the Glazers took over.
    Fact is they've wasted the money on players that were over priced, didn't work out or a combination of both. (and paying off Mourinho). Seems to me the DoF or Exec who over sees transfers and the scouting team are the ones to blame, Ed Woodward right?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    johnsonsbaby and Sauerkraut Inia like this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

this is anfield reporting that our game V west brom might be moved up to the Wednesday to accommodated this game on the 16th (another weekend)

so we are three times over affected by this:

First losing the small advantage of having a full week to prepare for utd compared to utd playing at evening on Thursday and coming back to play us at 4:30pm Sunday

Second we lose the full weeks prep between Southampton and west brom.

third we get to not play for 2 weeks now with no real benefit to it as we prepped for a game etc.

We will now end the season where we need to win every game (not happening anyway) with 5 games over 2 weeks instead of having them reasonably spread out.

Meanwhile utd get to rest for their europa game and have nothing on the line.

9. johnsonsbaby

Just seen the latest hashtag from utd fans: #WEPLAYWHENWEWANT

10. moreinjuredthanowen

remember the integrity of the premier league is at stake ;)

Of course one group of elites putting themselves above the rest was not ok but apparently a group of fans deciding the fixtures is fine.

If the roma game goes ahead midweek or the leicester game then we know what they want.

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Bit of a **** show really, this means Klopp now has two full weeks to sort your strikers out.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Well ;) I was hoping someone would point out jota was missing

Diego likes this.
  13. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

nah no need we will get that game postponed and agree to have it played 2 days before the EL final .

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That would work too, give some of our squad players a run out <ok>

15. Solid Alboland

great might as well make it 24 hrs then - though if we actually manage to win the games before then think WHam , Leicester or Chelsea may bitch a bit .

16. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

If West Ham beat Burnley tonight, and they're currently winning, top 4 is more or less ****ed. We'll just be playing for pride.

17. Solid Alboland

there are worse things to play for .

18. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

True; but our collapse has been immense

19. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

This may prove slightly controversial, but I've changed my mind about the super league idea, I'm not for it exactly but I don't think I'm as arsed as I was.

I've spoken to my older kids 10 and 14 (plus a few of there mates) which is a similar age to I was when the prem started.

They seem to quite like the idea, they want to see the grand spectacle of Madrid, barca, Liverpool, juve week in week out.

The world's best playing each other every week.

They really couldn't give two ****s about the fa or league cup. They don't care how many times we've won the league or that Nottingham forest where once a power in Europe.

As with everything, things moving forward arnt designed with us arl bastards in mind, it's the kids coming through. They don't want to watch Everton v Southampton, they want to watch psg v Dortmund.

Even messi and Ronaldo are old hat, time moves on, players move on, the game will move with it.

For those left behind, similar to back when the prem started it will be very much a case of tough titty. Deal with it.

Football is not what it was, unless there us a major implosion it won't go back to being the "working man's game" it's a spectacle, entertainment nothing more nothing less.

In 20 years time I predict the super league will be uo and running and we will sound like resentful old men talking about the glory days if the prem.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  20. Solid Alboland

immense is bit much imo .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.