1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Real Madrid (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 3, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

Straight out of the Fat Sam playbook. Not the most sophisticated but has been proved to work time after time especially at Anfield.

Prince Knut likes this.
  2. saintKlopp

Sack Everyone!!

Just thought I'd join in.

johnsonsbaby and Zanjinho like this.
  3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I had genuinely high hopes for last night. All the ground has been covered, so there's nothing for me to add. I can't see us progressing and I fear for next season now. Something is wrong.

Prince Knut likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Look at the state of this. This happened so many times last night - we played such a high line but no one was pressing from the front. We gave them all the time and space to pick their passes. And you do not give the likes of Kroos and Modric time to play their passes ...

This is schoolboy stuff. I really dont know what Klop was thinking:

please log in to view this image

5. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

Real did their homework and we played right into their hands. We have been sussed. Without the likes of VVD and Gomez, who have pace and can anchor the rest of the team, we are going to struggle with this game plan. I fear for us in the second leg at an empty Anfield

Prince Knut likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

fat sham only stole it off dean smith lol

7. moreinjuredthanowen

I know what klppp was thinking.

I can also see who is not doing their job.

jota is doing his "job" in trying to cut off a ball to the full back he is even looking out there to try over an angle. this shows a complete lack of game awareness.

Mane isn't bother.ed he is stood rock still in the centre not doing anything. zero press at all.

salah is looking the opposite way at the impending doom.

Now look at the midfield. they have bought the runs of madrid. Fabinho is trying to cut off modric option and wijnaludm is moving left covering in a massive way.

Ketia is really high pressing but he is actually ball watching and running past the guy he should have pressed while mane is not pressing kross. both are compelte out of the game.

theres nothing wrong with the high line but look at what it is doing. Trent. are you communicating? You have 2 men on you. one is deliberately glued to the touchline and worse trent is not crabbing across with the others. He is letting a massive gap open. the guy that phillips ought to be watching is stood in the centre circle facing the wrong way. (ready to go btw)

Then look at kabak. he is looking at the ball and maybe modric but he is paying no attention to phillips or benzema.

We have done two stupid things.

First we have failed to press kross and rush him. Mane and keita are in rotten positions but jota has also failed to see the time their CM has on the ball.

Second the back line communication sucks. their starting positions are fine but there are gaps opening as trent is total asleep to the danger and overload.

In short we should let real have the wide area, you won't lose a goal over it right off but having a 20 yard channel over the top for any easy ball is a disaster.

the over load is clearly visible and keita is AWOL and trent is asleep.

8. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Only need a 2 nil win.

Easy.

9. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I think the whole team and Klopp look sad. It's been a terrible time with the virus and some deeply tragic personal incidents for some of them and they are all feeling it and showing it. They can't seem to shake off the collective sadness. Add to that no fans in the ground to give them a much needed boost and it's hard to see a way out.

A breakthrough will happen, it has to. I still think we have some great games coming, there's too much talent in the team for that not to happen.

Zanjinho, Prince Knut and THE FOOL like this.
  10. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

I think the doom is overdone. We would have liked not have lost but we’ve scored that crucial away goal. I make it 50-50.

I cannot believe we can’t score 2 goals at home. We may not be favourites to go through but we’ve surely got a real fighting chance as long as we cut out the basic mistakes. We played yesterday as if we were overawed playing them. There is no reason for that inferiority complex and the doom and gloom.

johnsonsbaby likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

not at 3-1 mate.

At 2-1 its not a disaster you might say 50/50 but at 3-1 its a mountain to climb when they chan **** house and just wait o hit on the break.

no crowd = no anfield factor.

no more than a 10% chance.

Dortmund have a lot more to be hopeful about after last night than we do.

the tone of the second leg is now set. One team waits for an error and one team has to force the issue. forcing the issue doesn't suit our current team.

12. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Look we lost 3-0 to barca a couple years ago. Just went and won 4-0 at Anfield.

it ain’t over till it’s over. As others have said, no reason we can’t win 2-0 and go through. We had some decent chances that could have scored 2 or 3 last night in that second half so have hope

organic red and johnsonsbaby like this.
  13. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Did we have any decent chances? The only ones I can remember is the goal and the one where Mane almost got on the bed of a cut back from Jota but Mendy or Militao just got ahead. Apart from that, I don't recall any other times we looked remotely close to scoring.

Prince Knut likes this.
  14. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

but against Barca the 3-0 didn't reflect the first leg in which we easily could have drawn and maybe more where as last night i thought we were lucky to only lose 3-1 .

15. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I'm still more than hopeful. It will all depend on attitude and how we start.

After the first t minutes last night, you new it was going to be a long game, but we managed to turn it round in the second half.

If we go out in the second leg, play without fear and really go at them we have a good opportunity.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  16. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Yep the 3-0 to Barcelona flattered them. The 3-1 last night flattered us.

With the way we are playing and no crowd at Anfield, we will likely lose the 2nd leg too

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  17. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

The key will scoring that first goal early. That settles the players as they have plenty of time to get that second. Focus on the clean sheet and score in the last quarter,

Prince Knut and johnsonsbaby like this.
  18. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Was going to post that earlier- we wont press Grealish on the ball, and he'll have all the time in the world to feed Watkins. Leeds will do it the game later as well.

19. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

****ing hell, even CNN are scoring off us. :angry:

20. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Ok maybe not decent chances but we got into positions and looked a lot more threatening. Final ball and pass just missing. The Jota pull back for Mane. The Jota header from TAA cross. Got into goal scoring positions a lot more so it’s not inconceivable we can score 2 or 3 goals against this team.

johnsonsbaby likes this.