1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Shrewsbury (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

See you're all over here like a rash because you've won one and we've drawn <doh>

2. saintKlopp

They have to go for any crumbs they can find.

3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

'The Magic of the Cup' <grr> Shrewsbury deserved a draw at the very least. We were poor and they had passion. BBC ****fest over the only football they have now, Truly embarrassing.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  4. saintKlopp

I agree. Them's the rules so just have to get on with it.

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

well on paper it was stronger than the one we selected for the 3rd round and that did ok <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  6. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

We are still in the Cup you know? :bandit:

7. saintKlopp

Stop making things worse....

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I think that the 3 players Lovren, Matip and Fabinho not being match fit caused us problems. Origi just had one of those games and Minamino is still finding his way. It wasn't a good combination and was the root cause of our problems.

organic red and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  9. Solid_Air 2

The fans might not but it is clear managers right thru the leagues worry about replays and often show their priorities by picking much weakened teams which is what we did in the 3rd round but Klopp hadn't reckoned on Evertons incompetence <laugh>

10. Solid_Air 2

the first 3 were truly awful .

11. saintKlopp

This ^
    We weren't even expecting to be in this round. <whistle>

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah Matip and Lovren just didn't work together and Lovren just launched it all the time.

13. saintKlopp

We were obviously playing for a narrow defeat, but Love went and screwed up.

luvgonzo and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  14. Solid_Air 2

The LC tie against Arsenal was hysterical as Klopp kept "weakening" the team but they just kept scoring <laugh>

15. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You can go as far back as Rafa to see how uninterested the club has been in the FA Cup, this isn't a Klopp initiative.

I haven't actually heard his post match interview. I think the heat of the moment may have made him say he won't be there for the replay. Is it disrespectful, maybe, I don't have a strong opinion on it and wouldn't have no matter which manager said it. The FA are messing up their own competitions imo. Why give a directive on the importance of a break and then wreck it themselves. I think they were paying lip service to mental health issues which is in focus now by putting in a winter break for players and managers.

If they are serious about the well being of their 'employees ' then they should respect their own directive. If they can't do that then they can't complain when players and managers do the same.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The FA and PL are two very different things though, none of this make sense to the average fan. It reminds me of something that happened in work once.

So we'd been having some issues with an incorrect letter being sent to customers, some automated effort but it was causing issues. So with me being a trusted person (I know) I was tasked with sitting with some high and mighty well paid person who would look at the issue with me and decide a solution. So I pointed out the paragraph in the letter that was incorrect and was told that his whole department was responsible for a different paragraph and not that particular paragraph so there was nothing he could do. :biggrin:

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  17. Solid_Air 2

so the high & mighty fella did his job by coming up with a solution i.e. leaving you to sort it out <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Not me but whoever was in charge of that particular paragraph. The look on my face when he told me pretty much conveyed the question "we have different departments for different paragraphs, are you ****ing serious?" But this is the modern world, we are truly ****ed.

19. Solid_Air 2

My favourite automated mail is from the DWP as in their attempt to make the "understandable & clear" they have made them almost indecipherable to a normal functional adult as they are so counter intuitive .

luvgonzo likes this.
  20. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I think everyone knows that the FA and PL are two different things. I'm not sure that has anything to do with the issue here.

The PL have wanted a break period for years as our clubs are getting more and more successful and bogged down with fixtures. The FA finally agreed on a winter break in February - not over Christmas note like the other European leagues as that is a very lucrative period. The FA want the break to be for physical and mental recuperation and together with the PL said no games to be played. The PL added that clubs were not to use the time to travel abroad for self promotion or profit making exercises.

The FA agreed that the fifth round is sorted on the night with no replays and the league fixtures rearranged to best fit all teams. They put no measures in place for fourth round replays hence they now have to go against their own directive.

I'm sure the 'average fan' knows the difference between the two btw

luvgonzo likes this.