1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Shrewsbury (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I wasn't being horrible mate I was just pointing out that the two of them couldn't organise something properly despite them working very close with one and other. I was trying to do it by adding a funny story about big business but hey my sense of humour is not for everyone, that's what Mrs luv says anyway.

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

It's not just the PL managers btw the Oxford Utd manager doesn't like the replay idea, why? For the very same reason as the PL managers - players need a break.

3. johnsonsbaby

No need for an explanation mate. I liked your funny story btw, I just didn't know how to reply to it - maybe a belated one of these <laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  4. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

That's my point too, along with Lovren, Matip and Fab (though they were collectively ****e yesterday). Can't see why they need a break/holiday. I'd give Mini a break though, as long as he's in the squads for the next couple of league games.

5. Prince Knut

Bet you he wishes Uniturd could play on a quagmire every game: it's obviously a leveller in terms of skill.

6. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

This has just become a stick to beat liverpool and klopp with. Nobody wants replays, infact any club with something to play for plays a weakened team in both cup competitions.

It's not just the prem teams either, championship clubs with a shot at promotion now rest players in the cups.

At the end of all the arguments as fans yes wed like a pot at the end of the season, for the football club, promotion, top four or champions matters alot more.

If you win the fair cup, you've got a nice party at the end of the season. If you get fourth rather than 5th it can have massive effects on finances, who you sign and where the club goes.

Klopp's Mannschaft likes this.
  7. Prince Knut

Credit to their midfielder (forgot his name) for that: he almost single-handedly stopped us playing through midfield as the game progressed. Top class performance that, as Chirvella (sp|) and Jones looked up for it in the first half.

luvgonzo likes this.
  8. Prince Knut

I had something similar once with some woman boss who'd been brought in to shake us up, but had absolutely no ****ing idea of the job. I had to explain to her that we couldn't do a new training roster at Neville Hill depot that she wanted because there were simply none of the trains we needed to train on that were there at that time. She replied that I had an unprofessional face.

Which may be true...

THE FOOL, luvgonzo and johnsonsbaby like this.
  9. johnsonsbaby

A change to the FA cup that may come someway to appeasing the fans could be that when the PL teams join the draw if they are drawn away against a team lower than the Championship then they can get together to decide whether or not they want to switch the game to the PL ground. That way the smaller clubs get their extra income, get to play on a big ground and give their fans a great day out rather than risking an almost definite defeat or chancing a possible draw.

I don't want the smaller clubs missing out on the important income or 'glamour' of the competition but for me the magic of it ended a long time ago, probably the same time I lost interest in the national team. Don't get me wrong, I want us to win every game we play and that includes all cup games but the excitement of the FA and League cups just isn't there now.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    THE FOOL likes this.
  10. johnsonsbaby

And Williams, he's some talent.

THE FOOL likes this.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Laurent. If he can play like that week after week he should be playing at a higher level.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  12. Prince Knut

13. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Interesting how every time their is a bit of news surrounding the fa cup they always manage to find the owner of a lower league club happy to spout slot of bollocks about something that has noubt to do with them.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Players should have given a **** if they wanted a holiday, might have won then!

Not that it's the same players bar Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Origi (four biggest culprits on the night) and Adrian (who would probably rather play).

15. saintKlopp

Yeah. Apart from Adrian, the senior players acted like they couldn't be arsed. Perhaps they thought it would be a walkover and couldn't jog themselves out of that mind-set, or perhaps as 3 of them were just back from injury they didn't want to stretch themselves. For whatever reason, they need a rocket. If any of them were miffed because they felt they were nursemaids to the kids then they want shooting.

16. johnsonsbaby

Just been reading Shrewsbury manager view on Klopp's decision not to be there and to field our youngsters and he's completely fine with it. If he understands and is accepting of the situation then isn't that what really matters and not the thoughts of those who like to think they alone have the final say in what is or isn't disrespectful?

17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Klopps just creating a siege mentality for the final push into the pl and cl latter stages.

Lets be honest the lads have been getting a little bored wiping all before them.

Genius really.

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

This isn't a dig at you mate, but do you think that might be related to the fact you support a hugely successful club? Probably easier to say you have no excitement around the FA Cup when you're in Europe every season and challenging for the league.

For the vast majority of fans, a good cup run (or even a big one off tie) is as good as it ever gets for them.

I do take your overall point but I think there's been a swing back in favour towards the cups among smaller team fans recently. Espescially those in the PL who have accepted that they've never got any realistic chance of achieving anything in that division.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  19. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

At least he wasn’t whinging about the pitch or ground before the game. The team he selected was more than strong enough to do the job, they were 2-0 up and simply did not play well enough on the day. Quite a few should be asking serious questions of themselves today like” do I have the commitment and heart to play for a team like this”

johnsonsbaby and saintKlopp like this.
  20. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

We won't field any senior players in the replay, due to the winter break. I'm guessing therefore it could be another fourth round drop-out or it clicks and we bop 'em into the middle of next week and go through. Our kids play well, just, as yet, haven't proved themselves in the big events, like in the league cup v Villa.

The seniors we had on yesterday didn't do enough to lead the troops into battle. Things looked up when Salah and Firminho came on, but it was too late, the dye was cast. It marred the efforts of Adrian, Jones and Elliott et al; as for Mina, he is yet to sort his head out and get to gri[s

It's true Klopp doesn't take the domestics seriously; he proved it by making Lovren captain <doh> BUT the PL is in our sights, I believe he can taste that and he knows it's what the fans are desperate for. What's alarming is how different these days are to Paisley's day when the least little knock can cause such angst to a player and off he goes for ever and a day. and we can't seem to compete in one competition at a time. Has the human footballer's body devolved that much? The pace was just as much (and the matches much more exiciting) and we played just as many matches.